Search found 1 match

Return

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

I heard David Savage signed a contract with Greenacres for the coming season, yet cleared to Brahma now.

Not sure if its correct just what i heard, maybe there is ways around it............................

Yes you are 100% correct. David did sign a contract with Greenacres. However David went to the effort to talk to the coaches who had invested their time and discuss his reason for leaving. No text messages, no getting someone else to sort it out and no dodging the issue. He went to the club, explained his situation and what he wanted and everything was sorted,

Currently the Brahma Lodge football has two players who the coaching staff had organised meetings and taken time out of their schedule to meet with these players. These players made a decision on the facts and figures presented to them that brahma lodge was the club for them. Neither of these players had a gun held to their head and neither player was made to sign. Both players signed knowing full well that this was locking them in for the 2016 season. One player was also invited to a club function where he was unveiled as a major signing and given free piss for the entire evening.

Now as president of the football club I am more than happy to back my coaching staff in their right to refuse to clear these players. Players need to understand that when you sig a contract its binding. These players need to understand that if you sign at Brahma Lodge then that's where you are expected to play. I am sick of guys thinking they can go to every club and talk to who they want and sign where they want and a simple text will make all their wishes come true. The coaches and football directors at brahma lodge deserve to be treated with more respect than these players are giving.

I will finish by saying that every player has his chance to plead his case and the appropriate decision will be made. That doesn't mean he will be cleared and it doesn't mean he will be forced to stay. $$$$$ will have zero impact on the decision we make. I just want players to know that when you come to brahma lodge and sign a contract that it means something and you will be made to honor it. Every player is told that at their meeting and now the club will full endorse it. If a player misses a year because of it then so be it.

Now I am happy to take any constructive feedback on this issue and more than happy to have a chat. If you wat to do it by phone then DM and I will send you my number
by lovetotalkfooty
Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |