Search found 37 matches

Return

Re: Live scores

topsywaldron wrote:Just FYI Jim the Magpies don't exist anymore.
could have fooled me
by Dols
Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Wedgie wrote:
Dols wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Just FYI Jim the Magpies don't exist anymore.
could have fooled me

A fool is easily fooled.
i left that one out there to see who the fool would be to state that. The fool is you!
by Dols
Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

I think that you will find "us lot" have already moved on from the "PAM does not exist anymore" debate

Well **** me......I for one am tickled pink, pig in shit type happy that you've hung around long enough to fill us in on the finer points! :lol:

Well, purveyor of all knowledge, you reference :

The Port Adelaide Football Club running around the AFL is known as the Port Adelaide Power

When it actual reality, it is the Port Adelaide Football Club. For those who don't understand, "Power" is a nick name, like the "Redlegs" for Norwood. They are, in reality, not The Norwood Redlegs Football Club. Ergo, The Port Adelaide Football Club.

You also state :

The team currently running around in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Power Reserves.

When, in actual reality, it is the Port Adelaide Football Clubs SANFL side, which, granted, is mainly filled by Port Adelaide AFL listed players who at that given time are not playing AFL. That side, with the nickname of the "Magpies" is not known as the Port Adelaide Power Reserves in ANY official capacity. Unless of course you count punters opinions on here as something resembling "official".

It's not what you know ( or think you know ) but it's how you explain it. Sorry matt35, there's many sides to this debate and it's one that will never, ever be settled in full.

Now, off to the whinge thread and the game discussion can continue. :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Footy Chick wrote:One of our guys got a game for jumper pulling. I think there's precedent there.
or was that shirt lifting!
by Dols
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 12 - Sturt v Port - POST GAME Discussion

topsywaldron wrote:
pipers wrote:Who were Sturt's best?

Kirkwood and Beard?

Again?

The death of your football team not stopping you asking pointless questions then.

You know nobody cares about the Maggies anymore don't you?

You're right. That's why 3/4 of this forum is whinging about Port Adelaide on a weekly basis.
by Macca19
Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

I am led to believe that it was physical towards the AFC Staff Member, not just verbal.

I personally have never had anything said to me at a game, apart from people I know. I have actually copped more at the Glenelg games I have attended (all but the 1 at Alberton) from Glenelg supporters.

If you get off on abusing people, particularly people just turning up to do a job to help out a footy team, then good luck to you, but what a sad life you lead.
by maxyoz
Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting pissed and abusing the opposition. The only thing North supporters have done for 20 years..... :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geeze some of you blokes can whinge

Crows and port must be doing something right ;)
by Kelso
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it really the behaviour you want in front of families though. Oh FFS grow up, it's not netball.
WTF has netball got to do with what I posted. You think that abusing crows players, calling them c**** & f***wits in front of children is OK. No wonder schoolyard behaviour is a disgrace if that's the example they follow.
by cracka
Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

i could sit here for days and talk about why todays young males act this way but im to lazy and who wants to read a big ass story

1.Parents let there kids get away with so much more these days
2.schools
3.government

these 3 things are the problem not one of them has any balls to stand up to punish the kids or wont

it will only get worse but the ferals and thats what they are will get done at the tribunal and hopefully get life bans no place for thugs in football
Yeah, I blame our education system. People cannot even grasp the basic principles of the English language. They cannot tell the difference between "OF" and "OFF" or "TO" and "TOO". What hope have we got?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i could sit here for days and talk about why todays young males act this way but im to lazy and who wants to read a big ass story

1.Parents let there kids get away with so much more these days
2.schools
3.government

these 3 things are the problem not one of them has any balls to stand up to punish the kids or wont

it will only get worse but the ferals and thats what they are will get done at the tribunal and hopefully get life bans no place for thugs in football
So naive.
by beeroclock
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah but when I was younger saying "bloody" or "shit" in front of adults was considered heinous. Back when my mum was young "bugger" was a terrible word. Back when her mum was young she couldn't wear a bathing suit in public!

Point is, society and it's standards change over time. It is the role of the youth of the day to push those limits, test them and alter them to their needs. The issue is that as you get older you keep your own set of standards but society has moved on.

So its not that kids today are bad, they're just matching and pushing the line, just as we all did when we were younger, just as your parents did when they were younger. The issue you have with kids these days has nothing to do with the actual kids, it is in fact reflected in your bathroom mirror.
That's an interesting way to look at it, and does make sense, but it's also not the kids pushing the limits it's people in society who say what is right or wrong, tell people how they should be parents or disciplining kids etc. It's a legal system that gives a kid a million chances, an education system that doesn't care if they can't spell their own name and a bunch of " experts " who disapprove of things like smacking.

Damn those "experts" with their "education" and "research" and "science".
by Jetters
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

Nope, people involved in the club from both sides of the oval know how the club works and the history involved. It's not rocket science
by RustyCage
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They didn't wear pink in 1914 but I imagine they will in 2020 when we celebrate 130 years since our second SAFA Premiership and first Championship of Australia title.
by Rising Power
Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So uninterested, in fact, that I make that the 4th largest crowd this season. Not to mention that the Clare game was by far the highest rating SANFL game this year, followed by Norwood v Port in round one. Keep on telling yourselves it's not working if it makes you feel better, though.
by matt35
Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're spot on Benny, absolutely laughable! Many on here were waiting for this game to flop, and now that it hasn't they're thrashing around for an argument! 6k at an SANFL game, by any measure, is a good crowd.

@Smac with respect, your argument isn't really relevant. Why would your club celebrate the crowd between Port and the Crows any more than, say, Glenelg would've celebrated the Anzac Day crowd between Norwood and North?
by matt35
Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

We are home!!!!!
by Dols
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go you magpies another Grand final appearance.
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go you mighty Magpies!
by RustyCage
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty good effort for a b grade side to make a gf ;)
by woodublieve12
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

very disappointed with the power reserves winning today, could have handled losing to south (not that I think we will lose to the power reserves) but having to sit with one club supporters going on about where is your team in the afl and not hearing any smart ass comments out of them until they start kicking goals. It will make the win sweeter beating PP reserves but boy it will be unbearable if we were to lose watching all that teal blue celebrating their first magpies game in 15 years. Hopefully I am surrounded by norwood supporter and don't have to get in any arguments with power supporters.

You'll be happy then that your playing PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES next week then
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done on a great year South. Proud of the lads. Certainly something to build on.

Some of you need to get over this negativity in this competition. Gets a bit much after 20 rounds. I think it has been a great competition. Sure Port have had a great run with injuries but if they hadn't (say add 7-8 injuries) they would be midfield at best and be long gone by now. Your club voted for it. Suck it up or shut up!
by footywise
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.
Im very proud too but am disappointed at the some of our supporters carrying on
by footywise
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No comments on ex-Port Adelaide SANFL player and AFL assistant coach Brad Gotch's remarks at 3 quarter time? Something along the lines of a "piss-weak effort".

I'd be hoping the South players aren't sitting back thinking "woe is me, the ONLY reason we only lost is because the opposition are full-time professionals". Didn't seem to impact Norwood too much last week.
by Rising Power
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes it will, slightly because it is a true reflection of what and who the club is and what it is not.
And opposition supporters who hate the club are clearly the most appropriate people to tell Port supporters what the club is and what it is not. Please go ahead and orchestrate any changes as necessary.
by Rising Power
Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No comments on ex-Port Adelaide SANFL player and AFL assistant coach Brad Gotch's remarks at 3 quarter time? Something along the lines of a "piss-weak effort".

I'd be hoping the South players aren't sitting back thinking "woe is me, the ONLY reason we only lost is because the opposition are full-time professionals". Didn't seem to impact Norwood too much last week.

It was that effort that cost them the game....a group of part time professional footballers were beating a bunch of pampered professionals being paid 10 times as much to play the same game :shock:
Like I said, it didn't seem to impact Norwood the previous week. Or Glenelg, Centrals, South, North and West in the 10 or so weeks prior to that.
by Rising Power
Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

They have had a great run with injuries. Its been astonishing really and the only reason why they are up there contending.
Colquhoun and Renouf with knee injuries are the only ones I can think of, Butcher?

Hartlett, Polec, Monfries, Boak and White all mised 1-2 games with ankles.

Monfries missed 3-4 with a hamstring. Moore missed 4-5 with a collar bone.

Trengove missed 5 with his ankle. Carlile missed 3 with a hamstring.

Colquhoun, Redden and Renouf all missed the year with knees.

Heath missed 11 weeks with a LARS reconstruction.

Other than that, we've had a good run with injury.... :roll:
by Booney
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, let them bring their scarves which they've been told are original and unique and terribly clever....and don't brand them as mindless sheep that swallow the slops that drip out of Alberton at all. Let them think that their PortOneClubAcademyReservesMagPower spin doctors and lazy hypocrites never just copied an idea from Liverpool FC. Let them come in their confused branding of white, silver, teal and black lightning strikes and homo erotic fists and piping shrikes and let them be TORN APART as they were last week.

This GF is shite for the SANFL comp for so many obvious reasons, but at least as a Nwd, SANFL (and hence South) supporter I get to see my mob TEAR THEM APART twice in a fortnight.

Bring it! Go Legs!

And to the mindless brainwashed sheep, when you say "Pahr Pahr"', you do realize what you actually sound like?7

How cute. Such a lovely post. :lol:

So just confirming :

Can I or can I not wear my scarfe? ( Most sports around the world have similar items, not unique to Port Adelaide, we are aware of that )

I may wear my Penrith Panthers hat, please confirm this is acceptable attire, I would hate to be turned away at the gate if dressed in a manner deemed unacceptable by you and your MONSFAW kindred.

Thanks mate. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Norwood supporters = flogs and knobs
by the joker
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My first post for the season...

Congratulations to Norwood... having watched the match on TV, I feel that they were the only team in the league with the poise and the coolness under pressure to be able to withstand an AFL reserves team in the Grand Final.

I've been sitting back watching the season unfold, watching the banter here on SA Footy rather than taking part in it, reading each sides views on how the league is this year, was it a disaster, was it the adrenilin shot the league needed, where to from here...

My opinion...

The Grand Final was the result the SANFL needed. They will be able to point to it and say with confidence that if you have a well drilled, well trained SANFL team, then you are quite capable of putting an AFL reserves team to the sword. It pains me to say that because had it been a Power white wash, then the SANFL would probably rethink what they've done, but with Norwood getting up in a thriller, I think we all have to sit back and say, well you know what, Central of old probably would have beaten them too... and probably comfortably.

So what does that mean?

To me it means if your a top three side, a really good SANFL side without too many failings, then you're a good chance to beat an AFL reserves team, as Port fielded a full strength side today and couldn't beat Norwood.

Chances are that's about as good as a Power or Crows team will get, which means we have to accept the fact that if South Adelaide and Sturt and Torrens can improve a few goals next year, then they too should beat the Power and Crows.

Crowds...

Heaps of doomsdayers (which I'm one) said crowds would be crap. I specifically said watch the 2nd and 3rd years, not this year. But that said, crowds this year weren't really all that much worse than the last ten years from what I can tell. The AFL sides haven't helped one bit, bottom line is enough SANFL fans turned up to keep the average crowd numbers around the mark. The GF crowd of 38K or 32K if you're a conspiracy theorist is still a good crowd for a SANFL GF. Expecting more than that is heart over head...

As it was, they were a mere 5% away from 40,000, which would have been amazing... 11K at the WAFL one, that tells you something. I applaud those who tried to say crowds were a disaster, but I just don't buy it, even though I'd like to.

Membership. Club memberships are down. The clubs made a stupid decision against the will of their fanbase. Will they pay for it? I think they will, a fresh round of massive losses this year will show nothing has improved in that area.

To think some had the gaul to write to members and non-members asking for money after summarily dismissing their views a few months before, just incredible arrogance on their part and shows how out of touch they are and how condescending they can be.

AFL teams brought almost nobody extra to games...

AFL teams brought nearly no extra money to the clubs...

AFL teams brought no extra excitement to the games...

TV coverage was marginally better, if at all, Grand Final publicity was good on TV and radio, but that's the only area of improvement...

Written coverage was no better... in fact at times it was insulting...

AFL teams made no effort to promote the local league and in fact officials made statements that lowered its prestige... good onya...

One plus was the AFL media continually said "how great the SANFL is this year", too bad they didn't show that support in other years, its amazing how positive reinforcement can improve performance and result in more positive reinforcement. The AFL media left the league to die and now with some AFL teams involved, all of a sudden its a great league.

The nerve.

On here... this forum was rubbish the whole year, everyone was whinging and arguing all year and not about the games... I understand why and don't blame anyone, but it says something, it shows how ticked off people were and how uninterested a lot of us were with the games. I went to about 5-6 games this year, down from about 16-18. There were games where almost no one commented about the games. Live scores was p*** poor, again, no ones fault, just a result of people's lack of interest in the season.

The SANFL is hoping all of us diehards will be replaced by a new brand of AFLites who will watch the local game for a bit of a laugh... like I take an interest in Halifax Town in England, even though I follow Manchester United.

Will that work... I don't think so...

Overall, I'd say the season was a success for the SANFL, but not a success for me. I was more interested in the AFL and that says something considering I watch about 2-3 games a year during the minor round and that's it.

So are the AFL supporters right? For the moment, yes, but its 1/4 time, lets wait to half time which is GF day next year and check the scoreboard.

Are the anti-AFLers right? Not yet, but I think they will be.

My final thought for the season... commiserations to South Adelaide, deserved their day in the sun today.
by csbowes
Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Norwood, were too good on the day and in the finals series.

McGuinness and Bode were excellent across half back, although Port played into their hands for much of the second half with long kicks to 2 on three or 3 on four or in some instances one on four contests.

Baulderstone the best of the big men, he and Dawe beat Harvey comfortably, but Harvey could hold his head high, he battled his guts out all day.

Lewi Stevenson, Krakouer and the skipper Summerton did what they could to keep Port in it, but too many Port players had too little influence on the outcome.

Clearly the best man on the ground was Matt Panos, his clearance work around the middle of the ground during the first half set the game up for Norwood and in the final quarter he got some very important touches when it mattered most. Deserving medal winner.

So, 38,000 to the game and it seems many doomsdayers were also in attendance, good on you for all showing up. From what I saw on the road back from Melbourne on Sunday many Port people did as I did, got away early and back for the match at Adelaide Oval. ( Well, got there just before 1/4 time anyway ) Plenty on people were still getting tickets at or on 1/4 time.

In the end 2014 was a battle of the best defence against the best attack and as many astute judges say, premierships are built from the back half. Norwood also showed that process and structure are more important than personnel. People come and go, but if a sound structure and belief among the playing group that the structure will work exists, success will come.

Norwoods biggest test, however, comes with the loss of McGuinness. He's been the premier elder statesman in the back half for years in the SANFL, the 'Legs will struggle to replace him.

Well done to all that jumped on the bandwagon yesterday, it was certainly full to the brim!!

Congratulations Norwood. Back to back to back is a great feeling, I've been lucky enough to witness it twice in my lifetime.
by Booney
Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done norwood, another great year. To all the haters don't worry we will be back in 2015 to make you cry again.
by kickinit
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done norwood, another great year. To all the haters don't worry we will be back in 2015 to make you cry again.

Again? :D

We'll play you in Grand Finals anytime you like.

I suppose you can't cry again when you haven't stopped. You've been one of the biggest cry babies on since the rules changed.
by kickinit
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For all the reserves debate, it certainly felt like a Norwood v Port Grand Final to me yesterday. Two proud clubs that desperately wanted to win and gave their all. Thought we were gone at halftime and would be overrun by Port's superior fitness, but we've developed such a strong bond and belief among the players in recent years, that they can will themselves to the line. Port were super brave (as were we), and I feel for their players especially a class act like Summerton who was clearly gutted.
Thought Ports defence played really well given the number of times we kept getting it inside 50 (particularly in the last), and their transition play was lethal. Thankfully for us our back half is so strong and were able to keep their forwards mostly quiet. Seen some epic finals and grand finals between these two clubs, glad yesterday it was our turn to be on the right end because it could easily have been the other way around.
by JK
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:I wouldn't part with bottle tops for Butcher.

Butcher making 300k a year and you are stuck in a dark room punching out 20 crap entries a day. I know who I feel sorry for. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't part with bottle tops for Butcher.
Butcher used to make 300k a year and you are stuck in a dark room punching out 20 crap entries a day. I know who I feel sorry for. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fixed that for you.
Incorrect, Butcher is contracted for 2015, we get another year of laughs out of him :lol:

You should get to a game next year, the Bays have got shitloads of blokes to laugh at.
by Booney
Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your club must be proud to have supporters as special as you.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |