Search found more than 1970 matches

Return

Re: R12 Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 1335

I'm not sure what the issue is with McBean. I love watching him play, one of my fav players outside of my club. Would have him at North in a heartbeat.
I am in total agreement with that summation.
My only complaint with McBean is that he shouldn't be playing in the SANFL. There are many, many inferior footballers in the AFL system.
North chased him when he first was delisted by Richmond, I wish that we had got him.

Bays have outbid rivals for quite a few players in recent years :-" ;)
by JK
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16- I hear Delta is the worst house on campus

This time of the week whenever I see a new post from you I always shudder #-o
by JK
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spent the weekend with a coupla mates at a shack in Murray Bridge, so hit up the racing club on Saturday. Venue is bloody impressive, our package reserved us a table for the afternoon, covered entry, lunch and a drink for $50 can't go wrong.

Highly recommend for those keen punters or even those once or twice a year punters who might want a decent day out.

Only downside was I don't think I backed a winner there all day (although managed the Tri in Lefty's race and Flemington and Rosehill were fairly kind).
by JK
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Good on them for getting on here and going against the grain, although I don't agree with many of their views I think they'd both be great to have a beer with.

No disrespect to those lads, but I get the feeling your list of "People that wouldn't be great to have a beer with" is somewhat miniscule ;)
by JK
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I think next time though I'll just tell the chick behind the bar to just hook the keg up to wherever you're sitting, would make her job easier.

#candrink

be easier on my knees too ;)

I'm not sure which way to read that one :lol:
by JK
Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I called the bank this morning - if i didn't pay breakfree, my interest rate would be 4.3% or something stupid like that. They offered to drop it to 2.85 from 2.95% a saving of $10 per fortnight.

Whoopee!

I take the "Advantage Saver" package with BSA annually for $395 which sounds like the same deal as yours. With the discount off home loans and Insurance, it fairly easily pays for itself. (Plus you get movie tickets cheaper or some other shit Ive never bothered looking into). Current rates I'm on with them are %1.98 Fixed and %2.59 variable (which is actually a bit higher than i thought).

Thats about as good as you can get JK with a major bank, there are cheaper deals with the non major's but they are very much online products with little service/relationship behind them.

Ive never fixed in my life, but we just fixed a portion at ANZ for 1.99% for 3 years.

We went through Dom Cassisi's Funding mob so would hope they were fairly competitive. Good mob to deal with actually, very helpful and got us what we were after basically.
by JK
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

I had a 14 leg multi tonight for 5 bucks to win 1060 and needed brayshaw to get 6 possessions last qtr after having 9 first 3 and dixon to kick one more goal in last. Brayshaw got 7 possessions in last and Charlie kicked one on siren. Thank you very much. It won't let me post my bet on but I sent to lightning mcqueen for him to post as he has more idea than I do. Got day off at pub tomorrow too. U beauty.
Beautiful mate, need some breaks with these things, pays for a few froffs ;)
by JK
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17*

Most I’ve enjoyed a game this season. Think at one stage Eagles had 9 more scoring shots, Roos were all over them, and were awesome to watch
by JK
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

The Channel 7 Australia Facebook Post that headline 'Three Black Players Miss Penalty'

They have released a public statement to apologise but surely there has to be greater repercussions for blatant racism like that.

Read that yesterday before they were called out on it and thought at the time "WTF, surely they can't say that" .. I can't see what possible excuse they could come up with to make that acceptable.
by JK
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SHELL SERVICE STATION at TAILEM BEND has been identified as an exposure site, after a COVID positive removalist from Sydney traveled into and out of South Australia.

It's for a period on Friday July 9th between 5.20pm to 7pm.

To be fair it's been an exposure site well before covid ever existed...

This has been underappreciated :lol:
by JK
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

4-5 weeks for Butters
Possibly earlier I heard on the wireless this morning.

Were you listening to amplitude modulation or frequency modulation on your wireless?
5RPH

Do you remember when their van would come to your school fete and they felt like they were Howard Stern visiting?

The old geezer would be playing the Temptations while sitting back sucking on his dart like he was Andy Dufresne.

Get busy living or get busy dying I guess
by JK
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

The critism she copped on the socials about her footy slips up was ridiculous. Yeah it was a bit silly but lots of people claiming she was useless at her job because she didn't understand being in an AFL crazy was just nonsensical.

I know if was asked questions about the opening of an art gallery event I would have no bloody idea how that works etc.

Knowing AFL crowds was so far out of her knowledge scope relating to work its not funny.

Media, including AFL media, hasnt helped with that. Ive long been a Whately fan, but the utter disdain and venom in his words whenever referring to SA for the past month or so is poor form. Especially from someone who resides in a city thats lockdowned more than any other here, and should understand the significance of trying to avoid further occurrences.
by JK
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is lockdown number 5.

One, Two, Three, Four, Five
Everybody in the car, so come on, let's drive
To the liquor store around the corner
Coz we need some gin and juice
And rolls for the toilet

That song is worse than Covid, hate, hate, HATE the effing song, and now Im stuck with it all day!!! :evil: :evil:

EDIT: Was referring to the original obviously
by JK
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - F#ck knows

Been a big fan of Jack Graham's for a while, reckon he has leadership written all over him
by JK
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Dutchy wrote:where is daisy?????

Getting vaccinated?
by JK
Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Not a movie - it's a doco, but goes for 90min so qualifies... watched "Hillsborough" the other week on Kayo - loved it - in fact so much that i watched it again last night with Mrs Bedge and she sat and watched the whole thing which is rare for her given it's a sports doc.

At times it's hard to hold back the tears.

Yeah one of my favouries……I feel for all involved. I know the police made some mistakes but I think in this day and age we lose sight of being able to reflect on incidents/tragedies and remember that people in that exact moment only knew what they knew. Its easy to look back now with all our technology, our wealth of knowledge, our understandings of almost every aspect of life and be critical on the way things were done in the 60's / 70's / 80's.

I think the mistakes could have been tolerable (well for some, not all who were affected) but the coverups is where most of the anger stems from. I haven't watched this Doco yet, and might be a while til I do given all the others I've seen - They take a bit out of you. (and FWIW I was always drawn to the events due to my footballing allegiances, but the tragedy just comes from the loss of innocent life at an event you would rightfully expect to be completely safe, Same with Bradford City and Heysel. Noone should go to the footy and not come home :( )
by JK
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

Brodlach wrote:
JK wrote:Why dont they just adjust the fixture and play the sanfl showdown in Melb this weekend?

Wouldn’t have enough players over there, doubt any top up players are in Melbourne

But who cares? ;)
by JK
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

Games start on 7 Aug with the GF being played on the long week end of the 3rd October.

SANFL press release
https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/sanfl-releases-updated-fixtures-for-2021-season/

'“For many years, the October long weekend was a really successful tradition for the SANFL Grand Final so both the League and Clubs agreed this was the most favourable date to conclude what has been another unprecedented season due to the Covid pandemic,” Mr Chandler said.'

Since the SANFL believes having the GF on the long weekend is so successful, they could consider leaving it there.

Spot on, well said mate
by JK
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 $1.01 v Norwood Sat 2.10

nwdfanparade wrote:
league.jpg

WTF ???? :evil:

reserves.jpg

could someone tell me what the numbers on the right side of the scoreboard means? :?

Every time we kick for goal they’d put up the post code of where the ball landed?
by JK
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2021

Given I went chips in to avoid relegation and ran out of trades about 6 or 7 weeks ago, I can’t be too upset with how the season panned out. Congrats to Jobby and the Dukes, thoroughly deserving Grand Finalists and best of luck to both of them. Thanks for yet another entertaining season Reberta.
Cheers,
Wilma
by JK
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Pretty sure someone external has already been approached, an ex-Bulldog with pretty good credentials.
A new pokies venue out of Main North Road has been approved too.
I've been at the board for a few years now to invest money into other avenues, met with very negative responses so far BUT that might all change now.

Centurion?
by JK
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Patty Mills, absolute legend!!

by JK
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Late in the 1st quarter of Saturday nights epic encounter, my 11yr old Cats supporting son says "I think Melbourne will win with a goal after the final siren". I assure him thats next to no chance. Nearly two hours later :shock:

(He's always been a jammy little bugger, might let him pick some Lotto numbers this weekend)
by JK
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

helicopterking wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:A few jockeys including Kah caught out at a BnB breaking the rules in Vic....

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Going off a former Jockey now in media Twitter page, It’s going to be an awkward 14 days quarantine with a few fiancé’s

SR?
by JK
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Yep, she got 4 months. :shock:

Could end up being 9 months

Was it 9 inches?

Between Benny Melham and Ethan Brown there just might have been?
by JK
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals Round 1

Wedgie wrote:I got kicked out early in the 3rd quarter. Embarassed myself, my club,my wife and my kids. What a ******* idiot I am.
Sorry.

Or, crafty way to exit the love triangle?
by JK
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals Round 1

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tigerpie wrote:If he gets less than 4 Diesel's gonna explode!

Yep, Diesel will be fuming.

Or he'll need a Soul Revival
by JK
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Trader wrote:
Trader wrote:Processing payment, but screen is spinning... doesn't normally do this.

Gateway timeout!!!

But just got the email saying I'm in, phew.

Way up the back of the riverbank stand but for $26 I'll take it!

Only managed to get Hill tickets, but thats OK my mate will still be stoked I reckon
by JK
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Belated happy Birthday MT, and anyone else I might have missed
by JK
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like someone hit the Birthday Beers early ;)
by JK
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Geelong fall over and its a free for below the knees to Melbourne, Melbourne fall over and it's a free to Melbourne in front of goal. Games over, noone could win with this. If Geelong get a free it's play on to disadvantage anyway.
Anyone know what's happened to holding the ball tonight?
I don't know what this game is.

LOL That was a pretty clear free kick to Melb
by JK
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LOL yeah Im the one with gripes :lol:

I rate him, and dont think you can afford any less than his minor round output
There's at least 18 players putting out less than their minor round output but you're singling out one of the guys still getting the hard ball who has 22 players rated worse than him?
It's either a gripe or you have no idea. I just assumed/hoped it was a gripe.
Pick on the guys not going in or who are actually in the worst half of players on the ground.

Taking this well I see ...
by JK
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2021

Got a few good years left …
by JK
Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been critical of Hannan a few times, but he does a lot more than Ive given him credit for. Been outstanding tonight.
by JK
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 finals series

WTF is Norwood wearing?

Our CIBO outfit
I assume those columns are names of past players or some such, but from a distance they look like light blue stripes. Is this the guernsey of the ill-fated Norwood-Sturt "Bluelegs" merger?

Was the “Fortis In Procella” merchandise initiative to raise funds from the pandemic loss of income. Think the names in the guernsey are of those supporters that purchased something from the range.
by JK
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

Spargo wrote:@jK & @Booney, $81 - nicely played.

Brownlow = great result
West Thebby = Not quite as great

#-o :lol:
by JK
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary final Glenelg v South

am Bays wrote:Can someone ring SAPOL on 131 444 and do an Missing Persons report for Joel Cross tonight?

Geez youve waited til late to get chirpy :lol:
by JK
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

:shock:
by JK
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Melb Cup Day Punters Club

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:$50 in.

Ditto.

Tritto

daisy is a yes too.

Double like for this one, hopefully Daisy has another Barade in him ;)
by JK
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

Eagles been so good with workrate and harassment
by JK
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There’s the Bays we know and love.

Full credit to the Eagles, been outstanding today
by JK
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

The Bedge wrote:Dave Kennewell appointed as Pulteney A Grade coach for 2022. A grade assistant Tony Johnston will coach the B grade.

Bedge to goal umpire. 8)

Ripper bloke Kenners, hope he does well. Wave with gusto Bedgeman
by JK
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon one area of the Eagles game that’s gone a bit underrated is how well they withstood some serious pressure from the Bays in the 10-15 minutes before halftime. Bays jag a goal or two in that time (which imho they would have against lesser opposition) and it’s game on at halftime.
by JK
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm happy with $60.

Did I miss something? Where do I send the $'s?

No mate haven't missed anything, once ive got my head around arrangements will contact all members with banking details.

Is there anyone here that doesn't have a Neds account but would be prepared to open one for our Spring Carny purposes?
by JK
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Righto Lads & Ladettes,

Cheers to Dutchy for assuming Treasury responsibilities huge help for what will hopefully be an entertaining couple of days [-o<

Cheers also to Wedgie for volunteering to open a new bookie account so that hopefully we jag a few goodies, wouldn't be possible without the help of these blokes.

OK So last year I think we tweaked a few minor things in the run and same might well apply this year (ie, someone gets designated a race with a Winx like favourite that noone fancies chucking $50 on to maybe get back $60).

As it stands (based on the current situation of 20 shareholders), it would allow everyone 1 x $50 W/P bet and give us $200 to put toward exotic bet on the Cup.

All shareholders will be (randomly) assigned a race for their $50 bet - If people want to swap races thats fine, just have to let the Admins (Dutchy, Wedgie or Myself) know.

I think given the number of members in the group it will be best to kick things off on Derby Day to better access promo's and reduce any race selection double-ups to a minimum.

Cup Trifecta bets will be sorted via PM's so everyone selects a runner without being swayed by selections others have made .. I'll also put up a poll a few days prior to the Cup to see whether majority wants Trifecta only, or Tri + F4.

Shortly everyone will receive a PM with instructions for Depositing into, maybe just chuck a quick message on here once you've submitted your payment, just so we can give Dutchy any help with reconciling that might be needed.

Hopefully Ive covered everything for now, any questions just sing out!

Cheers,
JK
by JK
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

Booney = Scotty Palmer?

by JK
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate my daughter being offered the role of Manager of Aboriginal Inclusion and Wellbeing at the Geelong Football Club.
Will miss her heaps as I've loved having her in my household but nice to know I'll have somewhere to stay in Geelong.
She will be working with all the players 3 days a week and the local community 2 days a week under the mentorship of Eddie Betts.

Even though it's not her speciality having done physio at uni for several years and working a couple of years as a physio it's an awesome extra feather in her cap which could take her to even more places she didn't expect.
I'm so envious as she will be based at Kardinia Park and regularly chat with Eddie and all the Geelong players, coaching staff and admin.
I am so bloody proud and amazed. A dream come true.

PS Hopefully a few side benefits for family too. ;)

Thats seriously awesome mate, congrats to you all!!
by JK
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of the more entertaining GF threads for a neutral :D
by JK
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

North Melbourne delist Shaun Atley, Tom Campbell, Trent Dumont and Ham.

Atley should have been gone 2 years back, going to be a bit thin on back up ruck stocks but I guess we are backing in Goldy's durability, a few North people are shocked about Dumont but Im not, good honest role player but never hurts teams, may end up back in SA

Anyone else surprise Dumont has been delisted.

Played 14 games last year, 99 for his career, average 20 possies/4 tackles a game, 26 years of age.

Statistically seems on par if not better than Luke Dunstan who was then picked up by the champs.

Would be surprised if Dumont doesn't get picked up by another club. Potentially Port with a very late draft pick. I know his had a few off field injuries.

Not surprised he copped the chop at Arden St, hasn't really taken any steps forward in his game in recent seasons. Pretty sure he'll find a home though and wouldnt surprise me if it was at Port given he can play inside and find the ball.
by JK
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tracking well lads, with 17 of 23 slots all paid up for. Don't forget to sort it out before Derby Day.
Cheers.
JK
by JK
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |