Search found more than 1977 matches

Return

Re: European Super League

The big clubs got what they wanted in a way. Champions League increased to a bigger format and with more games and dollars with 4 “invited” clubs per year able to be added on “historical value” so on any given year if any of the big clubs miss out on CL qualification on their own merit they can be added. Rumoured that UEFA has “paid” the EPL clubs to pull out of the SL aswell

I can't say Im across all the cloak and dagger details, but I thought the "bigger" clubs didn't want to see the number of UCL participants increased? If anything I thought they wanted a reduction?

Either way I don't care too much now .. The setup of football leagues with their promotion/relegation and qualification systems have usually been the envy of other codes (just on Aussie Rules how many times over the years have people discussed and wished for promotion/relegation??) and represent a fairness for all to control their own destiny to a fair degree (obviously $$ can be prohibitive for many).
by JK
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Macca's, HJ's or KFC

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm hearing the Yumbo is back and just as good as it always was. $3.

For 1 month apparently. One of the great mysteries of all time how bunging some Ham and Cheese in a roll then the microwave at home still doesn't make a Yumbo that taste's as good as the HJ's version.
by JK
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

C'mon Doggies (yes I feel somewhat dirty)
by JK
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

Nice to see Connor McLean named in the league side hope he gets a decent run at it.Theres no doubt he can play just has to get himself right to be a really good player at league level.Probably shouldnt be but worried about this game a lot of posters saying that we will win and Adelaide arent that good but it just worries me that we could lose and that would be disappointing.Would like to see Marsh rest up forward like he did a bit against North to give us a little more height .Hope Chris Olsson can find the board playing as a small forward he hasnt scored in the opening 3 games like the way he plays so hopefully he can impact the score.Very much a danger game i reckon .
It would be very deflating if we lost, but at least we wouldn't have to put up with Groucho's bleating.
The first, correct. The second...aaah...who? :neutral:

Harpo, Chico, Gummo & Zeppo's brother
by JK
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
JK wrote:Need Cameron to kick 1 more, but not sure if hes still even on the park??

I need Cripps for a 12 legger, kicked 2 points

Ouch ... Is Charlie still out there. or off injured again?
CHARLIEEEEEEE

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Toot toot
by JK
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Buy a potato with your winnings JK, it will take better screenshots! ;)

Give me a spell, trying to use Paint after a day full of beer and whiskey, I was half impressed with that effort ;)
by JK
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Wonder what you’d get in the Pies from Yatala SA?
by JK
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

https://footyology.com.au/is-port-a-flat-track-bully-does-it-really-matter/

I think this was why the Richmond win was so important.

Yes the Brisbane and WC performances were ordinary, but despite that there will be a glimmer of hope, confidence and knowledge that at their absolute best they actually do have the ability to stand up to finals like pressure against a quality top four side. That's invaluable.

0-3 against Richmond, Brisbane and WC would have been disastrous.

Interesting looking at the "Minor Premiers Percentage against Top 8 Opponents" .. Of the 23 yearly leaders in this category, only 6 went on to win the flag.
by JK
Mon May 03, 2021 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:As a rule I’ve survived off 4-5 hours sleep per night for most of my working life. I’m asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow though regardless of a coffee

The wife used be like that, she could take one to bed with her and still doze off immediately, due to my advances.

EFA?
by JK
Mon May 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Can't hurt to put a cheap 1 out each leg quaddie for a $1... never know...

Got a mate who does this every week, has collected between $200-$600 several times
by JK
Sat May 08, 2021 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

Even when the Dogs are battling, still always a good result to get a win at the Ponderosa. Match up of two developing sides today so nothing to get too excited about, key for both of us is to be well drilled and developed when the current contenders fall away.
by JK
Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southernbulldog wrote:You must be going ok if Grigg can play reserves

Got a lot going on in his life and not as young these days, not the same player as the Magarey/JO version
by JK
Sat May 08, 2021 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

Booney wrote:Go bake a shit pie.

Microwave or conventional?
by JK
Sun May 09, 2021 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:But he didn't play for Central so they won't want him or "send him packing after a year because he wanted to change things."
don't comment when you don't know the full story.

Centrals are shit, South are not ... What have I missed?
by JK
Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of the most disgraceful decisions I've seen. How often in field play do players run 20-25 metres without bouncing and don't get penalised and how often do umpires award marks for kicks that have only gone 10-12 metres. Norwood players had given up on the play and would have been accepting of the goal. So what if the player had run a few metres more than allowed, the spirit of the game was scuttled by an officious umpire.

Yep, this post pretty well sums up my thoughts. I'd have been filthy if I were a Dogs supporter.
by JK
Mon May 10, 2021 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 North v West Sunday 2.10 PM

Magellan wrote:
am Bays wrote:Playing for the Simpson Sims Shield

A shield would’ve been handy that day. ;)

A feel this comment has been far too underappreciated. Well played explorer :lol:
by JK
Mon May 10, 2021 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:What year did the Birk go up?

1870's, been there a while!

1870 One Pub!
by JK
Wed May 12, 2021 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Dutchy wrote:Getting Hartigan at end of last year, and giving him 3 years, was a really weird one. How does Clarko justify that?

Thought it might give his Collingwood side a better chance when they line up against the Hawks in 2022? ;)
by JK
Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

My issue is, go in for a day game and then when you walk out you forget it's actually a day game and your eyes become shocked there is still natural light (can't say sun, we know they don't get much vitamin D) as you have become accustomed to the bright lights of marvel

No different to walking out of the Cas at 7am :lol:
by JK
Tue May 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Anyone see the footage of the Port bloke getting belted in the crowd on Sat night?
by JK
Mon May 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Been happening for years, look at the Robrans.
They wanted to play with friends they grew up with and Barrie never even considered pressuring them to go to North even though it was probably only a 10 min drive!

Yep, off the top of my head in the last 10 years Norwood had the sons of Neil Button (Sturt), Stephen Rowe (WWT) and Tim McNeil (WWT) all play at other clubs. Understandable kids feel more comfortable playing locally and/or with their mates.

I thought I saw the name Schwerdt the other day, possibly Norwood reserves. Not a real common name, I wonder if related to Stephen or Patrick?

Yeah Im pretty sure he is mate .. Was under the impression it was Stephen's lad but not certain on that, will find out and let ya know
by JK
Thu May 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

Massive respect for Kirkwood, as hard working a footballer as you could wish to see. All the best to him in his future endeavors.
by JK
Fri May 21, 2021 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:The mullet cannot be justified or excused. EVER.

EFA Unless you’re a true teal Port supporter
by JK
Tue May 25, 2021 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

the butt hurt over this decision still is tremendous! :lol: :lol:

As I said I think it was a poor (non) call, but they've happened for 100+ years and will continue to happen. This time around, bad luck Dees good luck Crows, swings and roundabouts.

On the game itself I reckon the Crows were good for the 4 points, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable game to watch. Crows don't have any/many household names but you have to admire their tenacity and commitment to the opponent with ball in hand. Great contest.
by JK
Tue May 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has anyone here been banned from Facebook before? I got banned yesterday for 72 hours and have no idea why. Haven't even been on the piss since Saturday so I haven't said anything stupid. What concerns me though was it says I am banned for posting inappropriate material and then it has this spiel that nudity is banned on facebook etc. I have never done that shit before and never would but I'm just wondering if that is just a generic message that comes up every time someone gets banned, otherwise is there a chance my facebook has been hacked? My missus had a look on my page and there are no posts on there etc and I have sent them a message asking what exactly it is I was supposed to have done but no response. Just a bit concerned in case my Facebook has been hacked.

FB changed their tolerance levels a little while back mate and a LOT of people have been copping bans for relatively innocuous stuff .. You could put up a post saying "Good Morning" and if someone reports it, you'll probably cop a short ban. Wouldn't stress too much, once you're out of jail maybe change your password if you have any fears you might have been hacked.
by JK
Wed May 26, 2021 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has anyone here been banned from Facebook before? I got banned yesterday for 72 hours and have no idea why. Haven't even been on the piss since Saturday so I haven't said anything stupid. What concerns me though was it says I am banned for posting inappropriate material and then it has this spiel that nudity is banned on facebook etc. I have never done that shit before and never would but I'm just wondering if that is just a generic message that comes up every time someone gets banned, otherwise is there a chance my facebook has been hacked? My missus had a look on my page and there are no posts on there etc and I have sent them a message asking what exactly it is I was supposed to have done but no response. Just a bit concerned in case my Facebook has been hacked.

FB changed their tolerance levels a little while back mate and a LOT of people have been copping bans for relatively innocuous stuff .. You could put up a post saying "Good Morning" and if someone reports it, you'll probably cop a short ban. Wouldn't stress too much, once you're out of jail maybe change your password if you have any fears you might have been hacked.
Yeah I'm not too fussed about it but when that message come through about nudity, i thought what the ****????

I'm just wondering if someone reported my comment on the Geelong Facebook page when I said Luke Shithaus needs to be dropped.

I don't think too many Cats fans would be upset about that call mate ;)
by JK
Wed May 26, 2021 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 20/21

Great to see Brentford finally come up from the Championship
by JK
Sun May 30, 2021 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats the best news mate, so glad to hear
by JK
Mon May 31, 2021 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Christ!
I’m not sure if I would know where to start....................

Pick one of New York or Chicago for a start.

San Francisco for me

The All Blacks spring to mind for some reason.

Better than the Spring Bucs
by JK
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 to bye or not to bye

Lightning McQueen wrote:I am poop at this, I pay no attention to it once I sort my team around lunchtime Friday.

Haha this is so me, and on the odd occasion I do check in on Sat morning I usually pull the wrong lever anyway :lol:
by JK
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2021

Just can't take a trick this season. Narrowed my Captaincy choices to Guthrie and Steele, went the former without realising he wasn't playing lol, and it's ended up costing me the victory. Hate this F***ing game lol

You obviously didn't see what happened to Guffers. He got cleaned up big time and was never going to play against Collingwood.

regards,

REB

Na I didn't mate, was he a late out or wasn't selected in the first place?

Standard Cat late out but he could hardly raise his arm when he came back on against the Suns. The ruckman Smith crashed into him and most avid Cat watchers knew a different Guthrie would be playing this week. (FFS)

regards,

REB

Booooooooooooooooooo!!!
by JK
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Norwood v Glenelg Sunday 1410

Spargo wrote:@JK, new Premiers bar up & running, good place for a halftime froth?

I believe it is bud, haven’t had the chance to check it out myself yet.
by JK
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Norwood v Glenelg Sunday 1410

Spargo wrote:Durdin got a hand on it, no question.

Might be worth having a chat with the big fella ;)
by JK
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:Booked in tomorrow for my jab. How long before i become a 5g hotspot?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind 5g with my jab.

I don’t think the g stands for Grand or Grams mate ;)
by JK
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Little SGM Multi for some added interest in tonights game:

Rohan & Motlop - 2 Goals or more
Duncan, Higgins, Rozee - AGS
@ $115
by JK
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - At least we've still got some players round

Brodlach wrote:I got sucked in. And I’m blaming Ecky :lol:

Yeah I’d imagine those things can impair the decision making bud
by JK
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 South v Norwood Monday 1410

Joel Cross..what a champ. Been a privilege to watch the majority of those 199 games. Recall being at his first game at Woodville back in 2011..combined well in the centre with Nick Liddle who’d come across the year before, 'feeding' Wundke who was also playing his first game for the club. Joel's kicking was a little untidy in those early years, but that was soon addressed and he became one of the top players of the past decade.

His durability is worth noting..from what I can gather he’s only missed 2 games in his time at South- 1 in each of 2017 and 2018 (possibly due to the passing of his father as noted above..cant recall exactly).

Not many reach the 200 game milestone in the SANFL anymore. Have to respect that loyalty and commitment in the age of chasing an early pension in country footy.

Yep have to agree, what a star he’s been. Even though it’s not for my club, love seeing interstate recruits come across, buy in and stick around for a lengthy career. Huge respect and I hope he stars in a narrow loss this weekend ;) [-o<
by JK
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - At least we've still got some players round

JK wrote:Traded Flynn for Reeves to bank some cash. SC has bent me over without lube this season #-o

And Flynn tonnes up (and don’t get me started on F%&?ing Highmore lol) :roll: :lol:
by JK
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Craig Williams goes to Eagle Farm for 5 rides today
3 wins @ $16, $12 & $8 (including the Stradbroke winner & 3 legs of the quaddie)
2 thirds @ $35 & $9

Backed most of his rides recently knowing he was due .. As per usual went too soon :lol:

Booney on the other hand might hit this thread before reviewing the Power v Cats game ;)
by JK
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

McKay should get off, but I'll be surprised if he does. It's pretty clear the AFL want him rubbed out and they usually get what they want.

Massive ruling this, how long until the action around knee's gets targeted and we say goodbye to the speccy and centre bounces become basketball like "Jump Ball" situations?
by JK
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Dutchy wrote:Stewart 3 votes

Absolute star
by JK
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paid $10 for Flemington tips from Donald's Racing, and bugger me dead he's tipped 3/3 so far including a $40 pop :shock:

Prob go to shit now lol, but well and truly paid for themselves.
by JK
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

They have a dietician, a nutritionist and a chef, FMD. Can guarantee Stewie would not know who 2 of them are.

You will also find after HEAVY criticism of their spend they have now removed all details of club staff from their website.

That is one big gravy train.

He’s best mates with the chef though.

Dews a great bloke from all reports but his laid back nature and his appearance surely isn’t a great look for a struggling club.

The AFL have a massive issue with Gold Coast.

Stewie is an absolute legend and I hate judging people based on body image but you have to think as you suggested it cant be the best image to portray to your own playing group.

I guess ultimately if he wins games of football (which isn't happening at the moment) no one would care if he weighs 200kg.

Or dropping some kegs could demonstrate to his young group the rewards that emerge from dedication and sacrifice? I hate suggesting that because I don’t think anyone should be judged by their appearance, but I would see it as an opportunity to lead by example and push a message through. That said, onfield at least I think the Suns issues are lack of leadership and quality of mature players. They’ve had the youngest or 2nd youngest list every season they’ve been involved in.
by JK
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Wedgie wrote:Anyone been to the Big Shed's Bingo night they have once a month?
Been invited to the next one next week.

Nope, but if it’s anything like their trivia nights it’ll be heaps of fun
by JK
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

In the end we are still nowhere near good enough. Probably our worst game of the year

Miles ahead of where youve been for yonks though .. If I were you guys Id keep focussing on the draft like the Dogs did 10 years ago, youve got some excellent kids, a couple more quality young ones for added depth and longevity and you're going better than at anytime since your last flag I reckon
by JK
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Norwood v Centrals Saturday 1410

UK Fan wrote:Cap Cheats 8.4(52)
Dogs. 4.3(27)

Half time

Legs 10.12
Whingers 5.12

Full-Time ;)
by JK
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Norwood v Centrals Saturday 1410

Take Mitch Grigg out of the game and Norwood are a fairly average side... nearly as average as us ;)
Sadly, we didn't wake up to that until we had given Mitch a five goal start.
Still, if Hosko took time out from belting opposition players to actually play for us, we may have still got across the line. As it was, with Aidan having an off day, we had no one up forward.
Cheers

Plenty of spirit your lads, probably just need a couple top tier players to match those that will develop (same as us really). Like you said, it was really only only the first 15 minutes that proved the difference.
by JK
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bit late to the party, but cheers LM for telling that story and great stuff FC. You've obviously made a positive difference to others lives and they've tried return the favour in kind. Awesome story, enjoy the new camera when it lands mate.
by JK
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 1335

Bays that far ahead there's suggestions at Brighton Rd they order the 2022 Premiership T-Shirts the same time they order this season's.
by JK
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |