Search found 96 matches

Return

Re: Membership numbers

My best mate and both my brother in laws have signed up for South again.

The Panther Pack is building!!!!

We live under the Stratco at Noarlunga get around us people!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Round 1 Side

Delete your post Doc ? lol. Worry about your own club is probably the best advice we can give you. Must be a lonely place down there when week in week out most opposition supporters out number the home team. Mind you you never who is keeping out of the elements in their cars.

You're a flog mate must be lonely having no mates!
by Panther Pack
Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2- South v Eagles (Noarlunga, Sunday)

Panthers to win.

Godden to send the Eagles runner out to Eddy and Cross and try to convince them to join the eagles.......

Wundke to hit up BBQ for a few pre game pies
by Panther Pack
Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

I was gonna start a have North Imploded thread after round 1 but then realised North are playing Norwood & Johnston this week so hope Norwood smash the cocks so we can start the implosion thread ;)
Yes but probably hard to match your last 60 year's of imploding

That was a nice little rib tickler

Just out of curiosity how's last years spoon going?
by Panther Pack
Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Anzac Day footy No TV or Radio?

To me the new rules have assisted more exciting games as in the AFL,
so why arn't they turning up?

For me, it gets back to the lack of marketing and general lack of media for the SANFL . Highlighted at Alberton last Sunday when numerous supporters were still unaware of the new out of bounds rule.
I doubt that other than the SANFL diehards, that anyone would really know that there have been rule changes which may or may not be resulting in a better brand of footy being played.

This year has been deplorable, simply pathetic.

The "Your tribe is calling" campaign on the past at least hit the TV, radio waves and 'Tiser, nothing much this year at all.

No education or insight into the Livestream, why not tell people how it works, what it does to your data ( mobile and at home ) and how to access it? Half page/full page in the Friday Footy section in the paper, remember not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter to stay in touch with the world.

Seems the SANFuL is as interested in making itself a thing of the past as they can be......

Last, not least, surely admission prices need to be reviewed? The VFL is $10 for an adult, the WAFL $15 for an adult. $10 should be the price, I don't think $4 keeps people away or brings them in, but throw in a couple of beers and a pie and chips for the kids and people don't see $60-70 for a day at the footy as value for money, not anymore.

Couldn't agree more about admission prices why not take them back to $10 and advertise it to the hilt I'd be very surprised if that didn't get more people to the games.
by Panther Pack
Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

What a game South 6 goals down at 3 quarter time but they never gave in to kick 6 goals to 0 in the last quarter.

Daniel Bass kicked a goal with 3 seconds left on the clock, last kick of the game absolute best game I ever been to in the 18 years I've been going.

This win isn't only for South but for the whole SANFL, AFL teams r not welcome in this league and I let the Crows know all about it.

I got into the change rooms right before some muppet security stopped other members including my brother in law from getting into the change rooms to sing the song.

Club rooms were pumping after the win Cailetto Eddy and Barnes named best.

5 wins 0 losses u beauty get around the club!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

Just a query, but I noticed on the weekend that there was a rope strung along the edge of the centre square during the quarter and three-quarter time breaks - is this a normal occurrence or just for the games that the AFL interlopers are involved in? Don't normally take much notice of what is happening outside of the square but had to step over the rope with my camera equipment this week. I can remember several years ago the SANFL red-coats used to do that but can't say I recall it being done recently.
The ropes been used for at least ten years mate.

The rope wasn't at South's first 3 home games but appeared on the weekend........
by Panther Pack
Tue May 03, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Adelaide Old Nickname

Does anyone know South Adelaide's old nickname I think it is something like Yeeeeooo (not sure on spelling)

What is the history behind it and why isn't it used anymore?
by Panther Pack
Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 - Port Power v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval Sat

Tipping the bays to win still think they are a sneaky for the 5
by Panther Pack
Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

Bays need to pump up this weekend's game and get a big crowd in to kick start the Save the Tigers campaign.

They had a good win last week.

The only game on the Public Holiday Monday.

Weather at the moment looks like it will be dry.
by Panther Pack
Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 - West V Glenelg @ Richmond Oval

With Lokan struggling would the Bays consider Kane Cornes as a potential replacement?

I assume he is being groomed to take over at some stage. He might even be able to get Studley to give him a hand.......
by Panther Pack
Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V Sturt AO Saturday September 3 @ 3:10

Word in the club rooms after last Saturday's win was South supporters are gonna sit at the Southern end at the Oval.

Really think we can win this week, have hit top form at the right time of the year.

GO the YE-OHS
by Panther Pack
Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 grand final crowd prediction

Panther Pack wrote:Reckon it will be around the 30k mark.

Prob would have got close to 40k if South had made the granny!

Get around me!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Ainger has been quite vocal over the years about leaving South cause he couldn't see any success at the Panthers.

Guess he didn't get what he was after, two Grand Finals for Zero Premierships!
by Panther Pack
Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Also another point why was Crows members allowed into SANFL finals for free but SANFL club members had to pay?

All clubs members should be equal if we have to pay so should Crows members!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

WWTFC Player/Coach situations:

Godden - Staying, not moving down the Port Rd. to Alberton.
J. Redden - Retired
L. Jarrad - Retired
P. Raymond - Retired
Von Bertouch - Studying O/S, miss at least 2017, future doubtful
Ainger - Unlikely to play on
O'Brien - Staying
Lewis - Will play on
Wundke - More than likely to play on.

The Eagles might need to do some recruiting!!

Massive, massive holes to fill. While Redden had a terrible GF he had an overall good year and was very important for his tap work and could also kick a useful goal. While Bornholm is a better player around the ground, he is too short to be that #1 ruckman in the centre square and I think that was shown during the 2014 season. He will need to be replaced.

Jarrad will obviously be missed but his retirement has been known for ages so I would assume the coaching panel have a plan in place. Raymond's retirement is a bit of a surprise but to be honest, these days he is just a useful player and I think there are a number of players who could come up from the reserves and adequately fill his spot (like Rowland).

Ainger......not a huge loss. At this best he is very good but he plays about 1 decent game in 4. And when he is off his very, very ordinary. He'd be on huge coin so hopefully the cash this will free up can be put to good use.

Obrien - bloody good news.

Lewis - I was hoping he'd retire as these days he is too fat and slow and only has the fitness to run 10mins each quarter. Godden MUST give him the ultimatium over summer. Lose 10kg or play the season in the reserves.

Wundke - Fantastic. This guy can get as fat as he wants because he keeps giving us value for money. In the last two grand finals he was clearly our best player in a losing side so stands up when needed. Hopefully he can stay fit across the season and give the Ken Farmer medal another shake during 2017.

Maybe Wundke could eat 10kg of Lewis body!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First 6 Rounds 2017 Leaked

So South have been shafted from Good Friday and we lose a home game at noarlunga?

If this is true geez the SANFL hate us
by Panther Pack
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Joel Cross extends his stay in the Blue and White

Great news Crossy is an absolute Gun and a champion of the club.

So the only noticeable losses from last year are Eddy, Veide & Hitchcock.

With Rolfe & Redigolo returning from injury the team doesn't look too bad.

Keen to see new recruit Davis hopefully he is a gun.
by Panther Pack
Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

Have been told South's membership tracking higher than last year and last year was a big improvement.

Could see some big crowds down at Noarlunga.

Looks like South will be returning as one of the Big 4 Clubs!!!!

Yup, going from one member to two means they've had the biggest percentage increase this year but nothing beats having your first member ever in 2016! ;) :D

What we lack in membership numbers we make up for in Grandstand stability :D :D :D
by Panther Pack
Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If there is one positive out of the AfL reserves incursion it is the notion that an afl reserves comp will destroy the status our league is rubbish. I've maintained for years an independent SANFL with no afl players/affiliation will be not only the second best league but the envy of every traditional state league in Australia.

I'm not sticking up for the AFL sides I think the evidence is in and it was the wrong decision and the system of farming out the AFL players to the various SANFL sides worked much better but do you honestly think the SANFL would last longer than five minutes if the AFL set up a reserves comp?

Overnight the SANFL would become a third string comp and the AFL and it's media partners would ensure the comp would die a swift death. I don't like the idea of bending over to the AFL but that is the reality of the footy landscape, they hold all the power and unfortunately you've got to get on the teat whilst trying to keep as much of your integrity as possible.

BS...there would be little interest in a AFL reserves comp. SANFL, if managed correctly would still stay the 2nd best league in the country

I've got no doubt there would be little interest in an AFL reserves comp but there would be even less interest in the SANFL if it was a third string comp.

I don't see that creation of an ALF reserves comp meaning the SANFL is third tier the way I see it would be like this:

1st tier National Comp ALF
2nd tier State based comps SANFL, WAFL, NFL ECT
3rd tier Amateur level football Adelaide footy league, Southern footy league, hills footy league ECT

People now would say that amateur level footy is 3rd tier but technically above it is ALF, State based league and state based reserves so according to your philosophy it would make it 4th tier but people don't see it that way as reserves are just an add on to the league they play in.
by Panther Pack
Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 4

Big Game tonight we owe Norwood for the 1894 Grand Final Loss.

Time for Payback!!!!
by Panther Pack
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

South still havent had a game on channel 7 this year.

Someone at 7 clearly doesnt like the Panthers :(

Does anyone know which team has had the most games shown on 7 this year?
by Panther Pack
Sat May 27, 2017 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Do the SANFL even have a marketing or advertising department?

If they do you never hear from them at all. Such poor promotion of the league these days!
by Panther Pack
Sun May 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Bays are live on channel 7 and Port Power will be shown on a 3 hour delay.

The Bays now the biggest ticket in town????
by Panther Pack
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL ROUND 14

Hocking is useless he needs to be sacked!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEW SANFL WIN/LOSS STATS

Doesnt matter what date you use Hocking still would have a losing record.
by Panther Pack
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Zones

Have heard that there is currently a review occurring with zones?

When was the last change, anyone know? Thought it was only 304 years ago?

Being part of a club that has 4 SANFL zones all within its neighborhood Im pretty interested in this.

304 years ago seems like a while, maybe it is time for them to be looked at.
by Panther Pack
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Ignore him LMA, if he doesn't afford players of the ilk of Steve Summerton any respect he deserves none in return.

Yet you can hang merde on Eddy?

The irony is delicious.

When Eddy shows the same commitment to the match day cause as Summerton then you can come back and talk sense, until then your delicious irony is misplaced.

EDIT

PS - I've not told Eddy to "suck it" or referred to him as "scum"*

No you just told him to return to Shitsville real mature. PS Jog On Sook!!!!
by Panther Pack
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 fixture

scott wrote:South are playing Glenelg in Round 1 at Noarlunga on Good Friday. :D

Great to see the Good Friday Blockbuster back at Noarlunga where it belongs.

Expecting a Massive crowd!
by Panther Pack
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redlegs redevelopment.

International winemaker Wolf Blass has put his money where his heart is at SANFL club Norwood
Michelangelo Rucci, Chief Football Writer, The Advertiser

TODAY, if one of the SA-based AFL clubs was to announce a $1 million cash sponsorship, there would be a show.

Port Adelaide, as it did on signing French carmaker Renault in 2013, likes to be different to the point of organising a theme-based production on the MCG.

Crows chairman Rob Chapman, as he made known last year after BHP put big dollars into Adelaide’s AFLW campaign, would expect a big headline on Page 3 of The Advertiser.

But — as a sign of the times — when it happens in the SANFL, there is no grand reaction ... not even disbelief with the suggestion someone has typed too many zeros on the press release.

And there would be many who would doubt that sort of money would be pushed into SANFL coffers when the corporate world is more fascinated the AFL’s five-ring circus that has saturated public attention.

South Australia’s famous international winemaker Wolf Blass recently has become frustrated with how much time is passing in his wait to see the turning of the soil for the footings to the long-awaited new club house on The Parade for his beloved Norwood Football Club.

As proven by Blass’ record in trying to win the Melbourne Cup horse race, such impatience inevitably has him pull out his wallet in the hope money solves every problem.

Blass has put $1 million of his money on the table to make the project — that will carry his name — become a reality this year, the Redlegs’ 140th anniversary season.

Norwood Football Club leaders certainly understood what was meant by Blass doubling his original commitment of $500,000.

“Wolf Blass’ support and contribution will play an enormous role in facilitating the much anticipated development,” says Norwood chief executive James Fantasia.

This means: “Wolf is making sure this building is built — and very soon.”

Blass made this even clearer by saying: “I trust this continued support will encourage the council to start the project and provide additional financial support to ensure this great club can once again enjoy a social club environment that embraces its community and where people can continue to build friendships and camaraderie.”

As the Crows learn from some of its members and fans how much they miss “The Shed” from Football Park in the move to Adelaide Oval, Blass’ remarks about the importance of a social club to a football club echo well beyond The Parade.

Blass, now 83, is leaving many “legacies” around his great loves in SA. There is his wine museum reaching its opening at Hahndorf (with the town’s original school building preserved in the new structure).

And now there is to be a modern clubhouse at Norwood Oval. Every other SANFL club would wish it had a Wolf Blass ... Even some AFL clubs would savour a benefactor prepared to write million-dollar cheques.

This one act of extraordinary generosity to an SANFL club that does indeed deserve attention usually reserved to AFL franchises.
by Panther Pack
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love Laird's passion for the league.

I think he should seriously consider getting involved at SANFL headquarters once he decides to step away from coaching.

He would make a great SANFL President.
by Panther Pack
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

So I am open to ideas re the new pre-game show.
Normally it will run 1pm to 2pm before crossing to the broadcast game starting 2.10pm.

The show will be ONE hundred percent SANFL ... so what do you want included?

Great news Phil. I will definitely be listening.

The pre game show should include:

1. A preview of all the games for that weekend
2. A wrap of any games already played for the weekend including listing best players goal kickers ect
3. Interview with players or coaches
4. Mention the ladder and what each result means for the top 5
5. If you want interaction with the fans you could do an SANFL quiz and get people to call in or if you are live at the ground get them to join you behind the mic.
by Panther Pack
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL was always going to introduce a reserves competition as some stage it was just a matter of when.

I'm excited that the SANFL will no longer have the AFL teams involved in the competition.

I think this is a great opportunity for the SANFL to once again market itself as its own league without AFL involvement and could potentially bring disgruntled supporters back to clubs.
by Panther Pack
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL was always going to introduce a reserves competition as some stage it was just a matter of when.

I'm excited that the SANFL will no longer have the AFL teams involved in the competition.

I think this is a great opportunity for the SANFL to once again market itself as its own league without AFL involvement and could potentially bring disgruntled supporters back to clubs.
Its the next generation that will kill off the SANFL. No one under 25 really follows it now unless they know someone playing. No port or crows will mean no interest from kids and now they can see their reserve players before the league game they have no reason to look at the sanfl. Where are top up players coming from or if they increase list size. Standard will drop then even less interest from younger fans

Really it is like any football club most people get involved if they have family or friends either playing or supporting the club. This is what happens at country clubs and amateur clubs. SANFL clubs need to offer great family membership packages that way people continue to bring their children along.
This is also why I don't believe the SANFL should get rid of the reserves comp as every reserve player has family or friends that come along to the ground.
One disadvantage to interstate recruits is they don't bring anyone through the gate as generally they don't know anyone in SA, where a local lad will have his family and friends come and watch him.
by Panther Pack
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

South by 10 points.

Crowd will be over 5000 for this blockbuster!!!
by Panther Pack
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

When will the SANFL allow all the clubs in the league and not just Port and Adelaide to have Marquee players?
by Panther Pack
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v South

Questions need to be asked about South's season.
After finishing third the last 2 years the recruitment this year has not worked. Forward line is dysfunctional and you have to wonder if Wright has taken the team as far as he can.
Can only hope recruitment is better for next year. Anyone know if Brownless will be back at South next year? Hopefully we can get Skinner back if Port don't offer him another contract. Need a key forward desperately.
by Panther Pack
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 SOUTH VS STURT FLINDERS UNI STADIUM SATURDAY 27/5 2:1

We will get flogged.

Wheels have fallen off.
by Panther Pack
Wed May 24, 2023 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 8 NORTH vs SOUTH PROSPECT OVAL SUN 4/6 2:10PM

Easy win and a percentage top up for North. South are cooked.
by Panther Pack
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

goddy11 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Any Norwood fans know if Harry Boyd has committed to the Legs for the 2024 season?

Heard today he may be headed west with Nik Rohkar.

West as in SA or West as in WA.

West as in Pet Shop Boys?
by Panther Pack
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

South sign no one just keep announcing reserves players are coming back.
by Panther Pack
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Early days but South are a good chance for the spoon this year. We can't score been a problem for a couple of years and might be worse this year.
by Panther Pack
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Feel like South Adelaide should be the next club to join the AFL. We have become bored with the SANFL since the 60's and need a new challenge.
by Panther Pack
Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 West v South

South's lack of recruiting experienced players and not paying the whole salary cap is starting to show now. Terrible decision by South to go so young.
Wright in his 7th year as coach won't take us to a premiership and the club should move him on by the end of the season.
Serious questions need to be asked about Brent Reilly's position as General Manager of football. This is his 3rd year in the role and we have got worse each year. He also has overseen the lack of recruiting.
by Panther Pack
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 South v Glenelg

Couple of more losses and the board will need to start making some decisions on positions for next season.

We don't look like getting a win at the moment and the strategy to go so young is a massive mistake by those who made it.
by Panther Pack
Tue May 07, 2024 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |