Search found more than 1132 matches

Return

Re: Your poison of choice?

Bought and tried a Cricketers Arms Spearhead Pale Ale and Keeper's Lager tonight and both went down well especially the Pale Ale which is an absolute winner in my book. Adding it to my list. I've been enjoying the Steamrail Golden Ale lately and have also bought a 6 pack of the Steamrail Pale Ale to try.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Did the builders of Telstra dome/etihad use the builders of Jetstar for seating room......

Bit tight up there mate?
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Yep. Got a twitch in the left hammy....felt cramp coming on ....

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Haha, better have a stretch and go for a walk at half time then.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 - Sturt V Port Reserves @ Alberton

Pre-game talk had it that this was the worst side Port has fielded this year.
After that big first quarter it looked as though it would be a massacre.
So what happened next? Did Sturt take the foot off the pedal or did Port lift? Couldn't attend the game myself.
How big was the crowd?
Bit of both TRB, Port did lift a bit yet struggled to find an avenue to goal and Sturt sorta took their foot off the pedal but still held Port at arms length all game.

There were plenty of Sturt supporters there, especially infront of the Fos Williams stand and I would say they would of outnumbered the Port supporters.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

carey wrote:
JK wrote:Geez Vince been a great fit for Melbourne

Was just thinking the same mate. Great by foot.

12 disposals at 100% efficiency in the third quarter. Outstanding.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Toumpas best on last week for the development team in the SANFL... When does he get a recall... Please!?!
#bringbackthetoump
Yes he was easily Ports best on Sunday, should of been recalled instead of Amon

You disappoint me TDK
I'm really sorry to disappoint you Duck but I'm dealing in facts. He is the softest junior gun I've seen who refused to do competitive drills at the fear of being injured BUT he is definitely worthy of a spot ahead of Amon this weekend.

Obviously Port have heard and listened to your pleas to not pick him in the 1's and will continue to keep him in the reserves. They must be scared of you drunken wrath.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

Zebrahead- Swing
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zebrahead- Mental Health

And FC this is the music video for Check. It's the original version, it's one of my favourites. Check it out.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The first thing that comes to your head ??

The Oreo ad with the dog where the kid says- "Mum said chocolate isn't good for dogs. But you can have the rest of my milk." I googled it last week.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

UK Fan wrote:New chilli peppers album if anyone interested.

Best tracks We Turn red, Detroit & this ticonderoga

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xHuhfNqBnus

My favourite song off the album is We Turn Red.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Queens of the Stone Age- You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like a Millionaire
by The Dark Knight
Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Perfervid scrutiny of Round 15

carey wrote:In 2 player interviews I've heard 'We knew Essendon were up and about' and 'We knew Essendon would bring contested ball'

F**k me give me spell.

Cringeworthy when they talk like that isn't it.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

The NH v TTG D grade game was called off. I don't know if a whole team got red carded, at first I heard there was an "all-in" brawl but that was denied later on by a few C graders I spoke to about it. I'm not sure who the instigators were. Will probably hear more about it during the week, would love to know WTF happened.

Edit- Talked to my mate about it who is our C grade captain. In a really heated contest and after a few incidents things started to really get out of hand. A small scuffle eventuated and the TTG umpire did infact Red card our whole D grade. That was during the second quarter and from there the game was called off by our D grade coach as he didn't want anyone to get hurt or get in any strife.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sex Pistols- Holidays in the Sun
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

thought the episode tonight with the rocca boys was quite interesting. Its funny how you see some guys who have played 200+ games but you rarely see their personality. Sav seemed like a super quiet bloke, which is not what I thought he would be

I watched it aswell and thought they had an interesting story especially Anthony commuting from Melbourne to play for Sydney early in his footy career and also the story of how Anthony got to Collingwood. I heard Sav talk for the first time on Friday Front Bar a few weeks back and didn’t expect him to be so softly spoken.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Circum XVII

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Good to see the quiet lad from SA plays game 250 tonight. Congrats Andrew Mackie!

Always been one of my favourite players in the AFL. Done really well after being a surprise selction in the 2002 draft.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

What are peoples thoughts on their short and long term viability as a football club from here? is there some doubt about their existance?
I doubt the club being suspended for 3 rounds is gonna cause them to fold.
No but their reputation ain't going to be great, going to take some strong leadership for this to not hurt the club short and long term.

Parents will be asking questions no doubt.
The club has been in existence since 1887, yes this whole saga will hurt their reputation but I'm sure the RFC will survive, it's what the RFC does.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

We had one of the two best wins I've been involved in yesterday knocking off Salisbury in the B grade. Massive highlight and a great reward in what has been a tough season for us. Couldn't be happier with that win.

The teams in the top 5 are now set in both grades, no teams can drop out and only the order can change.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't want a swedge, so it's installation 18 of 2016.

Port has looked like they're missing Charlie Dixon providing a target deep inside 50 and allowing the mids to kick the ball long and have him provide a contest. Schulz has done bugger all
by The Dark Knight
Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Pseudo wrote:Happy 18th Birthday Bindi Irwin!

Now she's old enough to drink, to vote ... and to send a snap of herself to the Home Girls page in the Picture, wearing nothing but a carpet python draped around her shoulders.

I loved Steve Irwin, I can't f**king stand Bindi Irwin.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Mark Stevens. Does his best to look like Nick Xenophon and comes across as a little weasel.
The Friday night pressers shit me to tears.

And yeah that Sam McClure needs a good kick to the head.
I hate Mark Stevens, he shits me too. When he's asking a coach a question in the Friday night post match presser you can tell they want to get up out of their chair and go punch him in his weasel face.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

carey wrote:Hartlett injured in the warm up. Thought it might help us until I seen f**king Toumpas come in :twisted:

Start drinking mate, this could be a match where we need some Carey 'entertainment' lol
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Division 6 Tipping

Round 18
Brahma Lodge
Houghton
Mawson Lakes
West Croydon
Woodville South

Brahma Lodge
Fitzroy

Coming to get you Zedman ;)

:)

come on tossers..i sort of knew you would pick the lodge in the ressies!
Hahahaha I was trying to pick at least 2 different from you and it was hard to decide whether or not I pick Mawsons or Trinity and Houghton or Fitzroy in either grade. See if it pays of now!
by The Dark Knight
Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Test Tour - Sri Lanka 2016

The Australian 11 for the second test has been confirmed and there will be only one change- John Holland will come into the side with O'Keefe obviously out injured.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Congrats to Dan Hussey (aka @TEX07) on 200 games for the mighty burras this wkend!

Isn't it against site rules to out fellow posters ;)

Congrats Tex!
Cheers - not concerned about being outed! If North Haven want to go easy on us tomorrow and guarantee us a finals berth next week that would be most helpful.
Doubt it haha sorry Tex, the D grade have a pretty stong side for tomorrow and are looking for a decent hitout against GG before the finals.
Well I guess they went easy on you and did you a favor after all!
by The Dark Knight
Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Division 6 Tipping

zedman wrote:thanks for doing the tips this year zartan..i will spend the rest of the day basking in the glory.. 8)

:( :( FFS Mawson Lakes hahahaha ;)
by The Dark Knight
Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ep to win tomorrow

Salis in the other game!

Wait, theres football being played amongst all this?!?
Hahaha, yep and let's hope Towns B's put Pooraka in a prelim and Salisbury or Hope Valley put them away next week. Would make an absolute mockery of the situation if Pooraka went on to win a flag.
Whether it's a mockery or not they have been the form side of the comp in the second half of the season and in that time they were definitely the best team we played. They've been my tip for the flag the past month and IMO will be deserving winners if they get there.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 - The bitter end, for some.

carey wrote:Adelaide crowds literally have no idea.

Balllllllllllllllllllllllllll -The sound of a West Coast player getting tackled.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury Bs up at half time, 1.2 to 0.2. Pretty average half of footy
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

The Living End and Vance Joy announced as the acts for the Grand Final entertainment. Good to see the AFL go with some decent Australian musicians this year.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Incorrect, the game was completed and I wouldn't call it an 'all in brawl'. There was a tussle between supporters. I have to say it was quite entertaining.

I watched the whole thing as it happened right where I was sitting. Firstly Brad Woodward was getting frustrated and started to throw is weight around. The EP runner was trying to get him off the ground and while he was trying to get him off a WOS water boy was getting stuck into him. This agitated Woodward even more and when he came to the EP bench he was calling the waterboy over as if he wanted to fight him. Then a WOS supporter who was standing behind me starting having a go at Woodward. Woodward who was cleary upset and angry then climbed over to the fence over to the WOS supporter before being pulled away. As that happened an EP supporter came up, grabbed and threw the WOS supporter to the ground. It was for young and old then, a few WOS supporters tried to protect the guy who was thrown to ground as a large number of EP supporters got involved. Security were in there quick smart and while it got quite heated they diffused the situation quite well.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Corona Man wrote:Young blokes wearing tight hipster jeans, rolled up from the cuff about 6 inches. Importantly worn with boat shoes and no socks... WTF is that all about?

It's all the rage these days mate! They're disgusting, I shake my head in shame at the blokes in my generation who wear them.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hartigan you dirty fooker

WTF was he thinking, idiot.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Recruit since 2000

Cam Mooney recruited for the 2000 season fits all the criteria for me and would have to be in the discussion

Was value for his trade
Exceeded all expectations
2x premierships
Club leading goal scorer in both those premiership years
All Australian kpp
Become instrumental amongst a golden playing group

One of his premierships

Kicks 0
Handballs 0
Marks 0
We call that a Macca's Little Win ;)
by The Dark Knight
Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

Have I mentioned how much Ben Dixon shits me? Not even three minutes into tonight's episode he annoyed me, absolute flog
by The Dark Knight
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sex Pistols- Seventeen
by The Dark Knight
Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Callum Furguson hit 122 for the Western Grit today in his first competitive match since injuring his knee 9 months ago. Very promising signs, he couldn't of asked for a better return.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

More a forward who can pinch hit in the ruck, IMO.

Terrific athleticism, so could find himself alongside Schache whilst he develops.
See I disagree, always been a ruckman first who occasionally goes forward.

Looks like he has improved his work up forward and I remember him saying that's one thing he wanted to improve. Junior footy at Seaton he used to kill us back then, had a pretty decent midfield around him too. Senior footy at North Haven he played in the ruck never really playing forward from memory. He was our best player in those years (2009-2011). I remember our coach playing him on the wing a couple of times but that didn't really work. I believe when he was at Paskerville for those couple of years he played at CHF. I remember playing school rugby with him aswell, good times.

Sorry mate, should have been more specific.

At lower levels, absolutely. At the top flight I don't think he would be a first string ruckman, given his only real opportunity to use his athleticism would be at centre bounces. Around the ground stoppages and boundary throw-ins he would get monstered for strength.

Forward gives him the ability to beat his opponent for pace and reach.
Oh ok yes I can agree with that.

I'm just really interested to see how he goes with it now, hope he can stick with it. It helps that he's already set up and living in Brisbane so he won't have to adjust too much.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Cancer, **** you!! Lost A mate today Id been lucky to know for 27 years, diagnosed only about a month ago. A bloke that wouldn't have an enemy in the world, such a truly beautiful person. Life can be so cruel :(

Bloody hell JK. Thoughts are with you, mate.

Yeah cheers mate, just venting
That's terrible JK :( Cancer rips through people so fast it's horrible.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Unbelievable finish, well done Dogs
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

heres one for the utter BS thread, hannah taylor in the longest kick comp, do they have to infiltrate everywhere ffs??!!
Probably did the women's comp no favours having supposedly one of their biggest kicks struggle to kick 35m just further showing the gap between the sexes.
Yep as soon as I saw she was in the longest kick I knew it was going to be a little embrassing going up against the guys.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

I'm still trying to work out how Johannisen is the Norm Smith medalist
by The Dark Knight
Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Africa v Australia

Wowee :shock:

Went the journey. De Kock was doing it on his... De Kock

What was that about Starc injuring his leg on a springy stump in a fielding warm up? Did I miss that? When, where, how...?
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-bowler-mitchell-starc-injured-cut-leg-hospitalised-training-mishap-sydney/2016-09-15
by The Dark Knight
Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crowded House- Mean to Me
by The Dark Knight
Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People who have a full trolly load of groceries using the self serve checkout.

And people who drive 20 kms under the speed limit (40 in a 60 zone) just because there's a little bit of rain around.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Only one week now until The Walking Dead season 7 premieres!
by The Dark Knight
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:You will know your house when you find it...
Good luck in the hunt!

Thanks mate. All of the ones I've looked have been close so I'd like to think the one I want is just around the corner.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

You will know your house when you find it...
Good luck in the hunt!
Thanks mate. All of the ones I've looked have been close so I'd like to think the one I want is just around the corner.
It might not be mate, it could possibly be in another suburb...
Haha! Not literally of course Spargo but that would be alright.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zebrahead- The Fear
by The Dark Knight
Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

And Tasmania are up next and don't look to have improved much from last season...
We should beat them at home.

You surely can't be a true redbacks man. We beat WA in WA at full strength outright, Now we play the bottom side at home, in a game were expected to win with ease so that generally means we get rolled for 94 they make 6/397 and in our 2nd dig were 6/78 but get to 227 so it doesn't look so bad.

Haven't you seen this script????
Haha!! I was half-expecting a response like that. Up the Spudbacks!
by The Dark Knight
Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |