Search found 253 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Interesting conversation above.. Why would players balk at signing with BL in future if they hold Brooks etc to their 2018 contracts? Would you, as a player, think "I'm not signing with Brahma, they actually uphold you to the contract, how weird is that?'.. That's the whole point of a contract is it not?

The mindset above of 'if a player doesn't want to be there, why wouldn't you let him go?' is the exact reason why the contracts aren't worth the piece of paper they are written on. If you aren't going to enforce them, why have them?

I see the point that a change of coach and conditions could also make a contract void, as a coach would be an integral part of a players thoughts on whether they would sign, hence the interesting situation here..

I don't think it should be a blight on Brahma if they were to hold players to contracts, who knows it might even send the message in future to prospective recruits that the club value the contracts put in front of prospective players, but I think they also have to factor in the change in coach to the situation here. Makes for a tough decision for you LTTF, I admire your strong stance but don't envy your position
by human_torpedo
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

My guess is if we are canned until after June long weekend, we will start round 10 as the new round 1, on June 20..

June long weekend and June 13 utilised as trial match weekends. Play everyone once and leave finals etc as same dates.

If training is left to clubs discretion, logic probably suggests a few weeks off before coming back for another ‘pre season’.

If SANFL are unable to train in the meantime I cant see why we would be allowed to. Just minimize the risk now and hopefully it flattens the spike that’s inevitably coming
by human_torpedo
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Big Sam is on the mend, hopefully will make a full recovery.

The umpires explained to me after the game that the controlling umpire had paid HTB, the other umpire side on and had a better angle of the incident. They decided given the circumstances to go with the push in the back decision. I was surprised as I wasnt aware of the decision being able to be overturned, and had instructed my lads how to set up for a WC free kick upon resumption.

Most of the recollections above are accurate, besides that we were up by a goal when all this happened.

Credit to the WC boys for the sportsmanship shown, and the genuine emotions shown by the WC player who tackled Sam. I believe they’ve spoken since and no hard feelings or malice was intended.
by human_torpedo
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |