Search found more than 2114 matches

Return

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Surely you can't dispute that Chadd should have been treated with enough respect to receive a phone call from the NSP, thats essentially what the article is about. He was 12/13th man a month ago, now can't make a 15 man squad.

Border said "The selectors can't call everyone who missed out".

How many blokes that were in the Ashes squad aren't going to South Africa then? 7,8,900?

That is unbelievable, I hope James Sutherland is giving them a grilling over the handling of this issue, anyone that has been in a squad recently deserved a 5 min phone call, it's basic common sense.
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... sID=385472

List of all the votes from every grade for the B&F's...credit to the SFL for releasing these.
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Thats the issue, SANFL comp is the bottom of the pile, they can't have Crows, Port or SMA/AO failing, if that means the SANFL fails and loses its stature I feel they don't really care as long as the 3 strong pillars are fine.
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You FALCON Beauty!

by Dutchy
Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

I think that it will be a great GF no matter what the mix is, all 4 teams have a great story attached to them. And no Hawks is refreshing.
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Incorrect - "The club has been based in Sydney since the South Melbourne Football Club was relocated to Sydney in 1982. The South Melbourne Football Club was founded in 1874 and was strong through the 1880s. It won three premierships in 1909, 1918 and 1933 before experiencing 72 years without a premiership, the longest premiership drought of any club. The club broke the drought in 2005,[5] and has won one more premiership since, in 2012."
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

carey wrote:Kids car seats.

MY god they do my head in. When I ever I need to swap them over for what ever reason I literally nearly lose the plot they are more frustrating than my mother in law.

They will grow out of it :D
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Played at the Vines a couple of weeks ago, never been a big fan of the course, compared to Flaggy, but it was in the best condition Ive ever seen it, esp coming off a harsh winter, the greens were outstanding and rolled very true, reckon they had the roller on them. Well worth a look if looking for a hit somewhere.
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Took the Mrs away for a night recently in the Hills, went to the recently re-opened Uraidla Hotel for lunch, fantastic spot, really well done reno, just had a couple of entree's to share, the ribs were a meal in themselves and sweet potato fries delicious (why aren't these more popular?)...plenty of beers to choose from....if you are looking for a place to go on a Sunday drive its only 20 min up Greenhill Rd.

Finished off with dinner at the Haus in Hahndorf, top spot good quality feed at quite reasonable prices and an extensive menu, downed with the award winning Prancing Pony IPA (give them a plug, they are customers of mine!) stayed in their apartments behind the restuarant, superb spot.
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty Lobster League 2016

Gday Gents, just reconciling that Ive rec'd all the $ for the comp and will then arrange distribution, hope to have it done this week...cheers
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Down the Hill wrote:Mitchell signed for 2017 Dutchy?

I believe so
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Second Team wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Gotch was at the SFL GF yesterday, might be a premiership winning defender in his sights.

Who are we talking about?

Ex south reserves player Sam Tharaldsen.

:D I have no intel other than he has had an exceptional year and I believe could make league, reads the ball well and has a great leg.
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Syd/Bullies double @ $7.92 looks overs

:-BD
by Dutchy
Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

?????

by Dutchy
Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

How frustrating is it that the opening line to the Advertiser's main article on Sturts great win is about no being able to hold onto Mattner due to AAFL clubs circling :roll:
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While this will probably stop them being so strong, a weak Crows reserves team doesn't help the comp either IMO, just get them out....
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

bubba love wrote:if the SANFL's primary focus was player welfare they would have acted when a complaint was made by rosewater the last time these two sides met, turn it up SANFL

Deferring the blame, seems a good course of action for the RFC from here....
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To me the biggest issue is not the cap it's the use of over age (>23) senior players an ex AFL listed players.

Whilst with teh crows, this year it is a moot point (Carey is a Dud) Reynolds and Summerton should not be playing for Port. Nor should have Callinan in the past for the Crows

The reserves are there to develop their AFL players in terms of skills, games style and leadership. They shouldn't need ex AFL players or overage players to do that.

Raises an interesting point, if Callinan was playing this year would have he been dropped for the finals? Despite being the reason they got so far?

The whole thing is a farce, their competitiveness relies solely on their AFL injury list so it is pure luck when your team plays them and also it gifts guys SANFL games they don't deserve or haven't earned them an...here is the opportunity to send them interstate, take it!!!
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

am Bays wrote:
Dutchy wrote:CEY would have played 15 games if he was at Port this year

22 if he was at North...

Roosters only played 18 this year
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

I just don't see the point playing at these shitty little venues. Surely with interest in the Dogs at a all time high they would be trying to attract as many fans as possible considering their membership and attendance figures have been shocking for years.
Rather ironic they whinged about their fans not being able to attend the final in Sydney but they want to play 3 games a year in a tinpot stadium under an hour away from their heartland that will lock 1000's of their supporters out

Etihad Stadium deal, quite simple. Why lose $100k playing GWS at Etihad when you can make $200k at Ballarat?
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Absolute legend, what he and the GFC did for our friends young boy who had cancer will never ever be forgotten.
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Spitta has stood down as Roos captain, JZ now is your time
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy 2016

I stopped posting on here, but here is the final record as per twitter -

Final 2016 Footy season, AFL disappointing, great SANFL season..

AFL 81-74 +2.58 units
SANFL 36-23 +18.74 units
TOTAL +21.32 units

OK year, bit of a grind, but at $100 per unit a sound profit.
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Insurance issue maybe?

Either way if they have to have it, why not keep the media out of it?
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to the Cumby for a feed and beers before a gig on Sat night, despite my eyes popping out I eventually got to the menu....they have a parmi called the Big Chief, a parmi for those that cannot decide between chicken or beef, its both! Half/half just like a pizza, superb*!!!!

*may not be as good if sober
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mark Williams

Gowans
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

This is a train wreck waiting to happen
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have 2 rules for pubs -

> Never order a curry/asian dish...majority of pubs have NFI with this stuff
> Never order a seafood dish unless the pub is withing 2kms of a beach

If in any doubt for for the basic parmi, pubs can't afford to stuff that dish up!

My old man, with salt water in his veins, says "If you can't see the beach don't order the fish".

Agree....also don't order Barramundi in Adelaide or KGW in Darwin!
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have 2 rules for pubs -

> Never order a curry/asian dish...majority of pubs have NFI with this stuff
> Never order a seafood dish unless the pub is withing 2kms of a beach

If in any doubt for for the basic parmi, pubs can't afford to stuff that dish up!
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reid is seriously unimpressive
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

carey wrote:Boarding my flight to Thailand in 2 hours

Good luck with the surgery
by Dutchy
Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Have you ever been trout fishing with Nick O'Brien? He's not bad with the fly.

The one that plays with WWTFC? Is he still there?
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

I watched the Port doco's last night, as I do some junior coaching I enjoy seeing how coaches motivate and manage players. I enjoyed the Aboriginal program doco with Krakouer, good story. The main doco on the 2016 season was a bit flat, but I guess you get used to watching these things leading up to a positive outcome. Ken doesn't seem to change much, going to be interesting to see how he handles the heat in 2017. I suspect not well.
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently GAJ wanted a trade back to the Cats this offseason, but the Suns shut down the request for trade before negotiations could even begin.
How stupid that he signed a 3 year deal this year if there was even thoughts of coming back to Geelong

I read before that he signed the 3 year deal in '15

for 16 17 & 18
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

Why not put more support behind the existing SAWFL comp that has been going for years and years with volunteers working their arses off before womens footy was popular. Now these clubs are going to take the greatest hit as the SANFL takes over.

They continually stuff everything right up....
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

That Dreamworld is re-opening tomorrow, just does not feel right, give it at least 2-3 weeks although I reckon it should be a month, or at least wait until the victims are buried FFS.

More concerned out their share price.
I'm not sure on this one, many years ago my dad was involved in an accident through work where two people died, although he was devastated he was told via counselling that the longer you put off returning to your natural life, the longer the pain sticks around and the harder it is to go back.

In respect to the families who have suffered I agree with you.

To those employees that had to witness such a tragedy I really don't know what would be best for them, it's really distressed me every time I read anything about it or hear anything on the news.

These people went to a theme park where everyone has fun, they lost their lives on probably the most placid ride there, the ride had finished, never in their wildest dreams would they think that they were not returning to the accommodation that evening, an 8 month baby has no mother.

Watching the Gold Coast mayor speak didn't do much for me, he should've had a written statement and read from it, he bumbled through the questions he was asked and didn't come across well, some people say it best when they say nothing at all.

Sorry for my preach.

I just think this thing needs time, agree that most counsellers will tell you to get straight back on the horse (I had a shotgun put in my chest 20 years ago at work by a drug crazed lunatic and was told not to miss a day of work as it will make it worse) however I think this one is different. You don't expect to go to these places to die, its a happy place....Dreamworld need to somehow make it happy again, and to do that they need to give time for healing and then rebuild their brand from there.

IMO of course.
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

KT confirmed the China takes over the NT $$$ and efforts.

Interesting thing he said, was they are still trying to make it cost neutral, so they are still losing money with just blue sky hope that it makes them a $ one day.
Isnt that how most investments start out?

Fair to say the Chinese market has potential for growth.

Smart businesses know where the $ are going to come from before they make the investment, sounds like this one is a having a massive swing at something but not sure if anything will actually hit.
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

its sounds like it took a long time for the AFL to come on board with this, no doubt Port needed them to fund some of the investment to spread the risk.

Good on them for having a go, but there is no talk of confirmed additional revenue yet, just trying to make it cost neutral. You mentioned "possibilities" and "potential" which is all blue sky stuff, what if it doesn't work, what is the cost?
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I work from home on Tuesdays, usually the worst racing day of the week, except tomorrow 8)
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

But apparently North handled the retirement so badly :D

by Dutchy
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Love it, was never a fan of the previous one

by Dutchy
Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Doesn't matter where he is on the pitch if its going to hit the stumps its out, evidence confirms it was a great decision.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Nevill was stiff with his dismissal. Even though he is struggling a little with the bat ATM he atleast has some ticker unlike several others

Would have been close to be LBW if he didn't hit it, if Shaun Marsh didn't burn a review he would have had a chance to stay out there.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Official

Barlow to the Suns
Henderson to the Hawks

Out - Mitchell, Lewis, Hill

In - Vickery, Mitchell, Henderson, O'Meara

:lol: :lol:

You forgot Pick 88 :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Africa T20 comp just started

Can't believe some are talking up Jake Lehman, he has only just started playing regular shield cricket....don't rush him
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every SANFL coach would have an AFL exit clause in their coaching contract.
by Dutchy
Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who is the Aussie player at the front?
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Adelaide Oval booze & food prices. Nothing short of a farce. If they only knew how more & more people are smuggling their own grog in now.
The reasoning behind the price increases is laughable & smacks of poor business planning.
Most overrated joint in the land.

I got $5.50 Bourbon and Cokes all test match!...well $5.50 Cokes 8)
by Dutchy
Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Draft discussion

Probably don;t have to MW but morally I think the Crows are doing the right thing by Shaw as he was contracted, and any player payment needs to go in the cap.
by Dutchy
Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |