Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

So now the mountain goats are out of CENTRAL DIV can we stop talking about them and move onto CENTRAL DIV related matters. Surely there is a bit of gossip floating around at the moment regrading who going where etc.....
by chopper7
Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have just been notified the only 2 options being voted on at tonights SGM are that 1. Lofty seniors in HFL and Juniors Metro Sth and option 2 are Lofty seniors Amateurs and Juniors Metro South. There is no other option given or proposed. Having read through the Chairpersons logic it claims that to field teams in HFL country to win a flag would cost $100k and Amateurs $40k. (If they are stupid enough to pay that then they need a new footy director) The proposal Notes comparisons to Goody Saints who started in Div 4 and have won a few flags lately. Does Kym seriously believe that all the ex league players they recruited played for love !!!! The proposal also presumes that HFL would allow the Devs to field seniors without juniors - I don't think so. (It is blatantly clear that there are serious management problems at the Devils and I think what should be voted on is a new committee.) They base this assumption on the fact that sedan and other teams do this but have forgotten conveniently that they would if they could. Out of interest I rang Amateur league to find out if they still cap junior team numbers at lists of 28 and was informed that they do. That being the case would shoot down the theory of moving there as you can't have multiple teams in the same comp. They also have even age groups of 12,14,16 and 18s - The AFL way. There is actually a Q & A component to the justification for tearing the heart and sole from a club. It is quite comical that Kym and Mark being Chair and President are driven by spite and no common sense. It will be a very interesting SGM and a family member will be there voting to try to keep sense involved and the club in the HFL totally. Do the time in country and prove how good they are and come back up. Unfortunately we are about to see the death of a proud club. :oops: :oops:
by has been
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Mt Lofty would be aiming a bit higher than Div 6. I'd imagine the SAAFL would accept them at about Div 4 level . From an outsider looking in its actually not a bad move. Metro South is a very strong junior comp and the Amateur League at those mid range divisions don't pay out ridiculous amounts for players. So financially it would be a smart move.
i would think NOT. I reckon a few clubs might have a bit to say about that!

They are looking at Div 3 or 4. I'd suggest 4 as a starting point from what I've seen of your beloved bulldogs who won the Div 4 flag. Any lower and there wouldn't be any chance of them making the move. They also think they can emulate the success of Goodwood and rise up to win Div 1 in 5-6 years on a $40k budget ha ha. :shock: :shock:

I would agree they would have to get used to the slightly less disciplined acts that come with the lower divisions. Div 3 or 4 isn't too bad but late hits are part of the game when things get heated or one team gets on top.

I don't think it is a good thing for the HFL if Mt Lofty self destructs on this, but if the "pride" of the committee/members gets in the way of logical decisions then so be it.
by Amateur Footy
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What do you propose Uraidla do Gervais? Start paying their junior players?
Seems like that would create a very unhealthy culture of juniors feeling entitled to be paid. I dont think that the fact that uraidla pays some players (probably a whole lot less than you think) has anything to do with the fact that they are struggling for junior players. I think its more the fact that uraidla and the surrounding district's is just a small place with a downturn in young boys in the district at the moment and so they find it hard to fill the teams.
by Lake
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rather than rant, tell us who's fault it IS then.
No shit having the same people come together each month & achieve nothing is stupidity. How about you come along to a junior directors meeting & offer some constructive thoughts rather than crap on this forum.
You're probably right that the sooky kids would quit anyway but those are the kids the clubs who have excess players will send over. All it will do is WEAKEN the LEAGUE & bigger clubs, NOT strengthen the league or smaller clubs.
You're last line hit the nail on the head, maybe the clubs who have good junior numbers ARE structured differently & focus on the club as a whole, not just the seniors.

Really... I'm ranting... If I am I'm clearly not alone.
Still I haven't heard a solution from you and you seem to be the resident HFL genius.
Which position do you currently fullfill and will i expect to see you at the meeting?
by Champ
Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central Division - Round 1 Sat 5th April
Blackwood Vs Torrens Valley - just on Torrens Valleys OUT's alone I would say Blackwood by over 10 goals
Bridgewater Vs Lobethal - Lobethal by 7 goals
Ironbank Vs Hahndorf - It will be interesting to see how Ironbank perform under the new guidance, may be the closest game of the round Hahndorf by 2 goals
Mt Barker Vs Onka Valley - Mt Barker by 5 Goals
Uraidla Dist Vs Echunga - Interesting to see who actually comes in for Echunga? any key recruits etc. I would say they would want to put in a show being their first game back in the top division. But cannot see them coming close to Uraidla. Uraidla by over 7 goals.

Only time will tell
by The Sorce
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central Division sides should have adequate facilities:
by Legs Man
Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not only won the A's at Lobethal (first time in 9 years) but won the A'2s, the U17's and the U13's, lost the U15's after leading all day except when it counted. Pretty good crowd with a well supported 'Ladies Day" for the Jane McGrath Foundation. Looking forward to the rest and lining up against Echunga, tip against us if you dare.
Settle down FD, it's round 2 there is definitely a long way to go yet....
by chopper7
Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Depth will always be a problem for a town with a small population which Echunga is.

It is noticeable though that Echunga is starting to find its feet with respect to the speed and style of play in Central.

Legs man pls.... Echunga suffered its worst defeat since being back up in Central on the weekend and you're here sprucing around saying they are finding their feet?? They got ran off their feet by Lobethal on the weekend and quite simply could match the pace of the game, yet you believe their pace is okay? Their style of kick long down the line doesn't work in Central, defends lick their lips when long balls fly in. They whinge and carry on like country div footballers because they aren't getting everything their own way. Sam Cranna is severely over rated. Cheer man!
by chopper7
Thu May 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

why cant there be one set of bloody rules that are stuck to
by jumbo20
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So is this the Mummy and Daddy clause that Torrens Valley have used just so the brothers can play together. And your telling me the HFL bought it, wow. This is funny, dumb and completely irresponsible all at the same time.
by rock
Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree the Callington surface will be the best come finals time but the facilities are not up to hosting a final, let alone the GF. I believe the Mt Barker council is going to spend a heap of money there over the summer to upgrade facilities which would then make it suitable for all finals. Definitely the best place to hold the modis carnivals though.

Surely it's the state of the surface that must be the prime factor for consideration when holding finals?

Ask the coaches and players what they want and I'm sure they'd say they want to play on a surface is large, flat and covered in grass. The fact that the Callington change rooms are from the 1960s wouldn't bother them. In fact, the Onkas and Hahndorf away rooms are similarly very basic.

The Callington Oval was good enough to host a Preliminary Final in 2013, with extra portable toilets brought in and a bar/bbq/canteen erected on the outer wing (again, exactly the same as to what Hahndorf do in finals).

I can understand if Lobethal and Callington have been overlooked as they had finals in 2013 and the HFL want to share the spoils, but can anyone remember when Hahndorf and/or Onkas have ever missed out on a final ??

All I'm saying is let the surface dictate where the finals are played (as it turns out, mother nature may take over anyway and force the hand of the HFL).
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally, Looks Good in Leather - surprised you think Bridgewater are in danger given they have to play Uraidla and Echunga, so between the senior colts and B grade will be over 150 points without much effort.

A lot of assumptions here, but here goes.

Bridgewater - curr 139
Expecting them to lose their 3 remaining A-Grade games (Mount Barker, Echunga & Uraidla). They should account for Echunga in the Bs (5 points) but I would expect them to lose the other two. In the senior colts I expect them to beat Echunga & Uraidla (10 points), but the Mount Barker game is hard to call. In the Junior colts I expect them to lose to Mount Barker, with the Echunga and Uraidla games in the balance.

Predicted Final Range: 155-166

Echunga - curr 116
This week very important in the A's against TV with the winner gaining an extra 10 points against a fellow relegation candidate. I expect them to beat both Bridgewater and Hahndorf (20 points). Unlikely to win any of the remaining games in the Bs (0 points). Expecting them to lose the Senior colts against Bridgewater & Hahndorf, with the game against Torrens Valley in the balance. In the junior colts I don't see them beating Hahndorf, but both the Torrens Valley & Bridgewater games are a chance.

Predicted Final Range: 136-157

Torrens Valley - curr 111
As mentioned, this week very important against Echunga and likely to beat Hahndorf (10 points) with the Ironbank game also a chance. Expecting TV to win their B-Grade games against Echunga & Hahndorf (10 points) and a chance to beat Ironbank. Not expecting them to win the Senior colts against Hahndorf or Ironbank but the Echunga game could be a chance. Similar in the Junior Colts I expect losses to Hahndorf & Ironbank but toss a coin in the Echunga game with it being a close one earlier in the year.

Predicted Final Range: 131-164

If Torrens Valley beat Echunga this week then Bridgewater should be safe, but their performance in the A-Grade mean that if a few results go Echunga's way, Bridgewater also find themselves in danger.

Should be an exciting finish.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |