Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Was passing through loxton on my way back too adelaide so thought I would stop in an have a look at the local footy loxton v waikerie.
The two blokes umpiring should be on report an trained properly I've seen a lot of country footy but that was by far the worst I've seen they controlled the game from the first bounce they had way too much input on the game
They seem more interested in telling young kids to move away from the boundary line, and what supporters are saying from the sidelines than concentrating on their own performance. The way they are going no one will want to go to the footy. I know umpiring numbers are low and we have to look after them, but they do get paid well to do the job of umpiring , not crowd control.
I happened to talk to someone from the EP a few weeks ago that watched one of our games and they said that they will never complain about their umpires again. We need to bring in more interleague umpire exchanges, and even bring in umpires from Adelaide to lift the standard. I`m not going to comment on how they umpired the game yesterday as I don`t want to take away from Loxton's great performance. They were much better than a side who is sitting on the bottom of the table, and I expect them to cause a few more upsets if they play with the same intensity and method as they showed yesterday.

Umpires don't determine the outcome of games but poor decisions and inconsistency confuses and frustrates the players, and can shift momentum, and momentum does shape results. The best umpires are the ones who call the obvious ones then put the whistle away on the iffy ones allowing the game to go and flow. I reckon if the umpires did more of that they wouldn't cop the abuse from players and spectators.
by WellPlayed#9
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |