globe derby sat 23/6/07

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

globe derby sat 23/6/07

Postby bayman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:24 am

gdp

r1 4,9 on top e/w from 1,5,8
r2 10 on top e/w (the expected speed in this will suit), from 1,3,7,8 & risking 9
r3 chances 2,3,4,7,8,10 with 7 a clear top pick
r4 well 8 should win again from 1,3,5,9,10
r5 an e/w or place special in 8 main danger is 2 (leader), for multis 1,4,7,10
r6 i've taken the fixed odds for 4 big overs imo other hopes to 1,7,8,11
r7 chances 2,3,4,5,8
r8 well 5 will win (rated 1/7), from 3,4 with rough place hopes to 1,2
r9 12 looks hard to beat but i wouldn't back it if in the red (i have it 6/4), from 3,5,7,11
r10 i'll be popping into gdp on the way home from elizabeth hoping to get a decent price on the pole as he should lead & win this (rated 9/4),dangers 2,7,8,9,10

suggested bet(s)
allup
r5 no 8 place
r6 no 4 place
r8 no 5 win
r10 no 1 win

maldutchfair lay
r2 no 9 too unreliable to back if it is shorter than 3/1 is well worth the risk

good luck on the punt
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Re: globe derby sat 23/6/07

Postby mal » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:13 am

HARNESS HARP
============

BENTLEY REPORT
----------------

A leading trotting media personality has hinted that perhaps the Bentley
report was biased towards the GRSA [dogs].
Did quip that Mr Bentley is friends with admin people at the dogs.

VICTORIAN DERBY + VICTORIAN OAKS
------------------------------------

$20000 prizemoney for the Derby
$10000 prizemoney for the Oaks
The Victorian trotting classics being run at GDP tonight
Shit did I say Vic classics !!!!
Will SA horse run a place in either, I doubt it
WOFTAM [if you know what that stands for, very applicable]

GRAMMEL SERIES
------------------

The trotting carnival named after that great trotter of the sixties the mighty Grammell
I remember the name, I was a primary school kid, but thats all
Excuse my ignorance but I was into schoolgirls and the stock exchange back then.....

BONDS MISSION and the rort ?
-----------------------------

Full marks to Anthony Robinson for finding a type of loop hole in the Claiming races
Continues to place Bonds Mission as $1000 claiming price
He knows no-one is likely to claim the horse.
He also knows with the minumum price tag, that his horse will draw the front line.
And he is very hard to beat in front this horse
Well done Robbo you tricked em.
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1170 times
Been liked: 928 times

Postby mal » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:14 pm

LATE MAL
----------

R1-3 BAD BOY DONALD [$3-00]
Anticipating this pacer to find the front and be hardest to beat
EW

R5-8 DEEP POCKETS [$2-80]
Depends on the tactics in this
Expect [2] Well Thats Life to lead and take running down
The prob with [2] might be 3 runs in a week ?
[8] DP can sit, or work in the run and will be in the finish
BAYMAN has it on top , that gives me more confidence as well
EW

Good luck
mal
Coach

Postby bayman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:02 pm

thankgod for karion kweeney in the first at least it covered my allups which 'my missindependent' cost me :( :( :(
bayman
Coach

Postby bayman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:12 pm

now having a crack at bonds mission to end up with a profit for the night & some trifectas as well
bayman
Coach

Postby G » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:21 pm

The horse is a cat and if theres 1 ounce of pressure it will fold like a pack of cards.
G
League - Best 21

Postby G » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:21 pm

The horse is a cat and if theres 1 ounce of pressure it will fold like a pack of cards.
G
League - Best 21

Postby SCD » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:26 pm

bayman wrote:thankgod for karion kweeney in the first at least it covered my allups which 'my missindependent' cost me :( :( :(

That cost you - well those bloody inconsistant stewards cost me.. Saved a Sixpence galloped for 100 - 150m and didn't get disqualified.. I backed the 4th horse a place.. it was an absolute disgrace that protest was dismissed.. no effort to restrain and get back into a trot.....

Drivers to add to the list of incompetents (I LOVE ROBBER'S SIGNATURE!!)

Trish McVeigh
David Smith (Trotters are meant to trot you moron!)
Scott Pascoe (Elsie Who - why come off the fence??)
Katrula Nelson (mind spelling - but can't stear.. holds the breeze no matter what on spastics!!!)

If you are looking for one in Melbourne...
Scott Dyer - last race last night at moonee valley.. kicks up on Dee En Ay Macray for 400m (27.8 1st quarter) then hands up to it.. either lead or hand up - don't kick up cook your horse and then hand up when the horse you hand up to was there the entire time trying to find the front...
Port Power has 16 years history at Football Park...

The Port Magpies have 40 years history and the two shall never be confused or combined
SCD
League - Best 21

Postby bayman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:30 pm

ended up losing after backing a $38 winner, but not that much, bloody trotters & G you were right i didn't think forby would do what louie does but i was wrong
bayman
Coach

Postby mal » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:59 am

LATE MAL RESULTS
------------------

BAD BOY DONALD EW unplaced
DEEP POCKETS ew wins $2-00 $1-30
slight loss for the night

I had the provberbial wipearse wipeout tonight :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:
Yes I was on all those trotters that galloped at the start
$2-60 Santa Barbara
$1-60 Tough Tussles
$1-20 My Missindependence

As you would notice I very rarely tip LATE MALS in trotting races
I learnt my lesson and will stay out of them in future

TOUGH TUSSLES
---------------

Trotters[and pacers] running 3 times in a week is asking for trouble
I ignored my golden rule and bet in this race
Tough Tussles was a link in trebles and quaddies
Off course it galloped out :evil: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
As ive taken trebles/quaddies non stop at the trots for years I committed myself
Never ever again, if they put atrot in trebles + quaddies I will stay out

Did anyone see my racing tips today ???
Refer race 4 at morphetville post by Another Grub \:D/
mal
Coach

Postby InoUno » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:18 pm

Instead of bagging scotty pascoe for coming of the fence, which made no difference to the finish result you should be congratulating for Elsi Who being the only local to keep some of the stakemoney in SA in either of the group races on Sat night!! Was also a great run in vic oaks week earlier coming from last on the home turn.

You also seem to talk about someone you know nothing about, how retarded you sound by wanting to add a driver of some 500 winners and one of the best mares to have raced in SA in the last decade in Carvils Choice to a list of "incompetents". Get a Life!
InoUno
Mini-League

Postby centreman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:10 pm

Welcome to the forum InoUno. (or scott and mandy)

Wasn't the oaks winner part owned and breed by a great SA squaregaiter lover in Errol Johnson and his son Michael (billy bagger) Johnson?
So half of the winners cheque will stay in SA.

Surely people can have an opinion on drives.
Not everyone will agree or like them but thats life.
No doubt its easy to sit and watch and make a judgement from the outside when drivers have to make a split second decision, But if more drivers listened to opinions and some advice from people they might have some more success at different times.
After all the sport relies on TAB turnover an if punters turn away from betting then sport will die and prizemoney will get lower and its bad enough already.
centreman
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby SCD » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:35 pm

InoUno wrote:Instead of bagging scotty pascoe for coming of the fence, which made no difference to the finish result you should be congratulating for Elsi Who being the only local to keep some of the stakemoney in SA in either of the group races on Sat night!! Was also a great run in vic oaks week earlier coming from last on the home turn.

You also seem to talk about someone you know nothing about, how retarded you sound by wanting to add a driver of some 500 winners and one of the best mares to have raced in SA in the last decade in Carvils Choice to a list of "incompetents". Get a Life!

That's right.. Elsie Who - ran 3rd in a field of 7 - in which 4 horses galloped, including one that beat her home..

I believe that coming off the fence did make a difference to the race - If Pascoe stays to the fence and gets cover off the winner (and the only horse travelling well around him at the time) then he runs 2nd.. because the 2nd horse wouldn't have been able to duck inside him to beat him home... It was a poor tactical decision and it's not the first one in the past month, given he's driving $10 - $20k horses from NZ and is struggling to get a winner considering the horses he has...

Elsie Who went super at Moonee Valley a week before - when held up until turning from home, so why come off the fence and overdrive it this week - when it went the way it did last week?? Poor decision making that's why.. Itchy Fingers.... The sprint lane was there or pull out turning for home - but to come off 600m from home when the leader (winner) was travelling so good and everything else was struggling was a poor drive - bordering on incompetent....

As for Carvils Choice - 9 years is a long time ago... Pascoe may have been an ok driver then - but this is a long time down the track and with the horses he is driving, he should be getting more winners then he is!

If you want to go back - i'll take B Clarke on Gammalite in the mid 80's as my example - he drove lots and lots of winners of the horse.. does it make him a good driver now?? Not to me..

You can't bag a bloke for 1 bad drive, I agree with that - but when he constantly overdrives them and gets them beat - then he's doing a Scaffidi......

Again, you can't say a bloke is a champion on the back of 1 good driver - but if you want me to wrap him up - well I did see a good drive this week - look at La Bella Mafia.. doesn't overdrive this week and it wins.. nice horse needs to be driven cold (not 3 wide at the bell with no cover) - but this horse should be winning races like that because it's a nice horse!!

Centreman - completely agree with your post on the winner of the oaks (local bred & owned - that's something we should be congratulating the local industry on, great effort by all involved with the young horse =D> =D> ) drivers and situations in races and especially the prizemoney...

Driving in races is one of the hardest things to do, I don't doubt that because one mistake can cost your horse the race - but it's the constant decision making that makes them either a good or incompetent driver...
I would rather have some of the blokes i'm going to name below (who don't get a real go) rather then some of the drivers that overdrive their horses all the time go around a bit more often...

Simon Jones (has been driving a few winners off no real opportunities)
Mark Norman (Does ok with the drives he has - generally looking for luck)
Terry Hayes (Can't remember the last horse he drove with ability, but positions them good)
Jeremy Seal (Drive on Zerrafoss yesterday was really good - horse didn't finish off 2nd up from a lenghty spell (should improve on yesterdays run I think) + drove that trotter Land Invasion really really good the other week)
Symon Kittel (Is good at the push and shove and moves horses out the way and holds his ground really well)

Just to name a few good drivers off limited oportunites - but then you get other blokes who have to overdrive every horse they have and give them limited oportunites to win races..

Probably was a bit harsh to lump Pascoe in with Biddell, Champion (snr + jrn), McBride, Crawford but you can't keep overdriving them and be called a good driver when you don't get results....
Port Power has 16 years history at Football Park...

The Port Magpies have 40 years history and the two shall never be confused or combined
SCD
League - Best 21

Postby InoUno » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:49 pm

[quote="centreman"]Welcome to the forum InoUno. (or scott and mandy)

wrong on both counts centreman (brother Jason) just camping here for a while using email.

good call on the winner being SA owned, forgot that (congrats to them) and yes i agree that people can have an opinion on drives and should have. As for adding them to imaginary lists that is another matter and as for the list of drivers offered by scaffidi cant drive perhaps there should be a list for incompetent commentary.
InoUno
Mini-League

Postby Joey » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Good second effort SCD but i think you were on the ball with your initial thoughts. Lets face it HUMPHREY B BEAR if strapped in would have won races on CARVILS CHOICE
Joey
Rookie

Postby mal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Welcome to the site InoUno
Now speaking off drivers tactics what about the tactics
on a pacer called Inouno which is driven aggressively in its races week in week out.
A trial spy informed me it went good when driven cold in a trial recently but on race
night the horse is driven aggressively looking for the lead.
Should Inouno be driven patiently ?
If this horse is a reefer and tearer and cant settle ignore my post.

Love that list of underated drivers SCD produced.

As for drivers lets not be to judgeMENTAL on some of these guys.
It takes a lot of courage for these guys to drive its a dangerous profession.
I applaud the lads who steer the horses, they do a good job overall.
And it does pay to follow good drivers and avoid the others
mal
Coach

Postby centreman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:09 pm

SCD thing which beat Zerrafoss yest was the Mark Webster drive!!! Absolute beauty 15/10.
They went 1.58.1, zerrafoss was holding off all the horses around him but the m webster drive beat him. Horses can only do so much and was second up as you mentioned.
But Mark's nickname of boof sums thing up. Has a habit of getting on wrong side of people. No doubting blokes ability to drive!!!
centreman
Under 16s

Postby mal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:14 pm

ANVILS REVIVAL [M WEBstar] sensational drive, summed it up, waited for
the splits that came, BARON LAND just shifted out allowing WEBstar to sprint
home and grab the prize.
ZERRAFOS [J SEAL] was brilliantly driven as well, but was stiff that WEBstar got the $$$$

To sum it up both MW+JS
Good horses, good drivers, good results
mal
Coach

Postby InoUno » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:20 pm

Should Inouno be driven patiently ?

Yes i think inouno should be driven pateintly, when it has been driven like that it isnt the worst horse in the world but its driver sends all of his horses forward for some reason regardless.

take a fortnight ago when it did a seek and destroy on my brothers horse coglen which came out three days later and went 2.00 and a bit after leading at the same track!!

cost me a heap on the friday but got it back on the tues @ $8
InoUno
Mini-League

Postby centreman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:41 pm

Gee Mal bit carried away saying zerafoss was brillantly driven, was put in race, brillant drive beat him not better horse.
Not sure WEBstar summed it up, Maybe decided before race to drive for luck in harder race than claimers he'd been racing in. Even though horse has improved form in recent runs.
centreman
Under 16s

Next

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room