20%
West Croydon
2%
Mitchell Park
6%

Total votes : 94

Div 6 2007

Postby cj_blacks » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:41 am

Will be an interesting season. We will be strong, Im thinking GG will be hard to beat and the 3 'showdowns' for us against the other Blacks, Westminster (many of heated games during school) and the battle of the Hounds with Hecterville will all be tough. Cracker of a season on the cards here.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:56 am

Golden Grove are more suited to Div 6, so i think they will be the team as well as Blackfriars to come through. Think Houghton will struggle. History says that of the 2 sides coming from Div 7 one side does ok and the other drops straight back down.
Keep an eye out for the old man who follows Hectorville, Very vocal and gets a bit nasty. Had a few verbals with him last season. Bout the only place ive played where we had double the supporters than the home team. Great bar and awesome playground for the kids.
Uni' are pretty easy to beat in the As, not in the Bs. Good clean side.
Lockleys are undisiplined but perform well late in the season. Think they will make finals easily.
Westminster will look the goods all year, but will bomb in the finals.
The other sides i havent played against for years.
Top 5 for me are:
Golden Grove
Blackfriars
Lockleys
Uni
Westminster
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby scottroo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:59 am

lizbeff eaglez wrote:Golden Grove are more suited to Div 6, so i think they will be the team as well as Blackfriars to come through. Think Houghton will struggle. History says that of the 2 sides coming from Div 7 one side does ok and the other drops straight back down.
Keep an eye out for the old man who follows Hectorville, Very vocal and gets a bit nasty. Had a few verbals with him last season. Bout the only place ive played where we had double the supporters than the home team. Great bar and awesome playground for the kids.
Lockleys are undisiplined but perform well late in the season. Think they will make finals easily.
Top 5 for me are:
Golden Grove
Blackfriars
Lockleys
Uni
Westminster

Lockleys to miss the 5, allot of depertures, will be playing the kids in 07
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:00 pm

scottroo wrote:
lizbeff eaglez wrote:Golden Grove are more suited to Div 6, so i think they will be the team as well as Blackfriars to come through. Think Houghton will struggle. History says that of the 2 sides coming from Div 7 one side does ok and the other drops straight back down.
Top 5 for me are:
Golden Grove
Blackfriars
Lockleys
Uni
Westminster

Lockleys to miss the 5, allot of depertures, will be playing the kids in 07

yes but the kids are good, have been training since November
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3561 times

Postby scottroo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:09 pm

dutchy are you involved with lockleys?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mypaddock » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:54 pm

I guarantee hectorville will make the five. were much better side than golden grove- were just unlucky with injuries and poor coaching last yr. My top five:

BlackFriars
Hectorville
Uni
Golden Grove
Westminster
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:17 pm

scottroo wrote:dutchy are you involved with lockleys?

nah not now, used to play and be a runner...good mate of mine is though and still no many down there
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3561 times

Postby RRR » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:34 pm

how does tom corbett and smith fair for lockleys?
RRR
Rookie

Postby SCD » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:45 pm

mypaddock wrote:I guarantee hectorville will make the five. were much better side than golden grove- were just unlucky with injuries and poor coaching last yr. My top five:

BlackFriars
Hectorville
Uni
Golden Grove
Westminster

Golden Grove will go back up next year - they were very unlucky last year with injuries and a few poor umpiring displays as well (like the day at 3/4 time down at Kenilworth) - the umpires were heard saying to the team manager from Kenilworth - don't worry we'll look after you mate.. then the full forward kicked 4.9 for the day and they lost by 2 points..
In addition they lost 4 other games by less then a goal..
Issue was they played a lot of 16 / 17 / 18 year old kids and they will be better for that and the recruits from Modbury... they are the team to beat in Div 6 this year.
Port Power has 16 years history at Football Park...

The Port Magpies have 40 years history and the two shall never be confused or combined
SCD
League - Best 21

Postby Bob Neil » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:20 am

How good are their B's?
Bob Neil

Postby SCD » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:20 pm

B Grade had a really good year last year - lost in a prelim final to Mitcham.... they were competitive with Para Hills and Mitcham all year and beat all the other teams (except for Elizabeth @ Elizabeth - they smashed Golden Grove that day..) but the B grade was competitive all year and will be strong again this year...

The Port Magpies have 40 years history and the two shall never be confused or combined
SCD
League - Best 21

Postby BenchedEagle » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:14 pm

Is Grant Coffee bothering to play this year. He was pretty useless for u wasnt he. Hope he wasnt claiming coin from the club!
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby BenchedEagle » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:16 pm

scaffidi can't drive wrote: and beat all the other teams (except for Elizabeth @ Elizabeth - they smashed Golden Grove that day..)
Yes, u caught us on a good day. we were unstopable. Noone could have beaten us.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby SCD » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:16 pm

lizbeff eaglez wrote:Is Grant Coffee bothering to play this year. He was pretty useless for u wasnt he. Hope he wasnt claiming coin from the club!

He only played 2 - 3 games.. he has radio commitments and can only play on Friday nights - or when the SANFL has the Saturday off.. That's why the club tried to organise Friday night games, but the didn't take off...

He has been a really good coach at the junior level - really brought something to the kids and the other coaches.. really good bloke to boot..

SCD
League - Best 21

Postby BenchedEagle » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:24 pm

scaffidi can't drive wrote:That's why the club tried to organise Friday night games, but the didn't take off...

Thats a shame. We loved playing there last friday night, except for the pouring rain and constant talking over the loudspeaker during the game, it was a awesome night. But i can see how it is hard to organise. Maybe Saturday night games would be better. More players would be available.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby stan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:39 am

This will be in interesting year again. Last season was very close around the middle of the table. As there are plenty of good teams in this div. My prediction for this season:

Golden Grove
Blackfriars
Hectorville
Uni
Westminister
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:41 am

lizbeff eaglez wrote:
scaffidi can't drive wrote:That's why the club tried to organise Friday night games, but the didn't take off...

Thats a shame. We loved playing there last friday night, except for the pouring rain and constant talking over the loudspeaker during the game, it was a awesome night. But i can see how it is hard to organise. Maybe Saturday night games would be better. More players would be available.

Im not sure if saturday night games would work.
Last edited by stan on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:28 am

we have had abit of a talk about a night game down at GGFC if it came up and would def take the oppertunity. would be a good specticle if by chance we are the 2 of the front runners
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby mypaddock » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:23 am

lizbeff eaglez wrote:

saturday twilight games would be awesome. say b grade start at about 4pm. a grade at 630pm. would be a great night out.
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:41 am

i dont know if a saturday night game would work so well with a club of young guys like us or uni and alot of people that support our side are younger people that would probably choose a night on the town over a div6 game of football all the way in the sticks
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League