SAAFL Div 3

Adelaide Footy League Talk

SAAFL Div 3

Postby straight shooter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:13 pm

Div 3 seems to be the only comp not covered on here, Who are the teams to beat this year?? Any player movements??
straight shooter

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pag » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:54 pm

These are the teams:

St Peters OC
SMOSH West Lakes
Athelstone
Old Ignatians
Walkerville
Flinders Park
Eastern Park
Prince Alfred OC
Salisbury West
CBCOC

I hate to say it, but I think Salisbury West will go very close. Saw their training last week and the amount of numbers they had was outstanding, and a lot of the same guys who won them A4 last year. Athelstone will be around the mark again, although losing Abell is gonna hurt them a bit. Flinders Park started to look the goods in the second half of last season, and if they can keep the same squad, should play finals. I'd think Eastern Park will struggle, and probably Prince Alfred. I heard CBCOC may be losing Jess Rivers too, which won't help their cause.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby petoe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:13 am

I heard steven koops and a. wilson are playing for salisbury west next season?
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby mypaddock » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:04 am

i heard joel brown (least season's leading goalkicker in hills league from uraidla) has signed up with athlestone for 2007
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Postby cruzn9 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:28 am

mypaddock wrote:i heard joel brown (least season's leading goalkicker in hills league from uraidla) has signed up with athlestone for 2007

I can confirm that is true about joel brown..... he has signed with athelstone but he will be replacing retired stagg.
Athelstone has also sign skillful & highly rated stephen coffee from Seaton ramblers/ Marion F.C

Hard nut sean Oatway has left the club to play in the country somewhere..... blublurag shouyld know where i recon.

It should be another cracker year for Div 3 - & im sure the boys are looking forward to playing salisbury west, Cause they know how good PNU were & i recon salisbury west wouldnt be to far begind them... So its looking like a cracker year to come.
cruzn9
Rookie

Postby Pag » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:33 pm

petoe wrote:I heard steven koops and a. wilson are playing for salisbury west next season?

I've also heard the Koops rumour. Saw their training last week and he wasn't there, not that it means a lot in November. Couldn't imagine Adrian Wilson leaving Centrals after the year he had?

cruzn9 wrote:Hard nut sean Oatway has left the club to play in the country somewhere..... blublurag shouyld know where i recon.

Always thought Oatway was a bit overrated, he could be covered easily enough. Hope they've kept Willment, he was absolutely sensational inb the prelim against Pembroke when not many others were standing up. Abell will be the hardest one to replace. Interesting to see Stagg retire, how old was he? Barabas retain the gig this year?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby GWW » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:49 pm

If thats Matt Stagg thats being referred to, and i believe it is, i think he'd be 33 or 34. I remember him from when he was playing with Tailem Bend in River Murray FL.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby blublurag » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:38 pm

Matty is the one...he might even be one more year older than the numbers quoted. Had a good season last year but things didn't happen for him at the pointy end of the season. Top bloke.

Not 100% sure on Oatway at this stage...depends on what is going to happen with his work.

Abell has moved to Port Lincoln with his work. Will be badly missed.

Tod Barabas has been reappointed. Greg Byles has been appointed to B grade and Dave Harris to C grade. D grade will be known soon.
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby RRR » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 am

are there any opionions how the 2 promoted clubs from Div 3 last season will fare in Div 2 in 2007? Saw that
Athelstone dominated the division last season but couldn't get into a GF. Thanks.
RRR
Rookie

Postby mypaddock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:31 am

i know payneham have picked up a couple of handy players so far- notably scott direen and McClean who both played for Norwood for many yrs. Also hear they are after Brett James. They had a strong team last yr anyway so i dare say they will at least maintain there position in div 2 for 2008.
Pembroke will struggle- not much depth and can't see them picking up too many players.
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:14 am

mypaddock wrote:i know payneham have picked up a couple of handy players so far- notably scott direen and McClean who both played for Norwood for many yrs. Also hear they are after Brett James. They had a strong team last yr anyway so i dare say they will at least maintain there position in div 2 for 2008.
Pembroke will struggle- not much depth and can't see them picking up too many players.

Rumours are nasty things aren't they??? The first two are correct...however no chasing of Brett James, he will coach Kersbrook next year. We will lose a couple of premiership players next year who are travelling o/seas, namely Kristian Pepicelli and Wes Woodman, but probably have to still recruit a bit to be a competitor for finals 2007
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Gimp » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:14 am

mypaddock wrote:i know payneham have picked up a couple of handy players so far- notably scott direen and McClean who both played for Norwood for many yrs. Also hear they are after Brett James. They had a strong team last yr anyway so i dare say they will at least maintain there position in div 2 for 2008.

I believe Brett James will be going back to Kersbrook as player/coach.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby mypaddock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 am

Falcon Chick wrote:

Rumours are nasty things aren't they??? The first two are correct...however no chasing of Brett James, he will coach Kersbrook next year. We will lose a couple of premiership players next year who are travelling o/seas, namely Kristian Pepicelli and Wes Woodman, but probably have to still recruit a bit to be a competitor for finals 2007

Those two are no big loss. Is Darrington gonna play another yr or has he hung up his boots?
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 am

mypaddock wrote:
Falcon Chick wrote:

Those two are no big loss. Is Darrington gonna play another yr or has he hung up his boots?

I'm trying to convince him to hang up the boots, I keep telling him he's kidding himself, but he wants to go on another year.
That will all be fine until he pulls something and then he'll be out for x amount of weeks..... then i'll say " I told you so"...
Footy Chick

Postby bulldogs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:06 pm

scotty still goin round. i played against him in the safa days. how old is he
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:39 pm

bulldogs wrote:scotty still goin round. i played against him in the safa days. how old is he

he turned 39 in july...old fart..

so between him and Macca who is 42 and Zanks ( who is still considering whether to semi retire to B grade) who is also 39, we have a few old blokes...
Footy Chick

Postby FOOTYGODS » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:20 pm

Falcon Chick wrote:
bulldogs wrote:scotty still goin round. i played against him in the safa days. how old is he

so between him and Macca who is 42 and Zanks ( who is still considering whether to semi retire to B grade) who is also 39, we have a few old blokes...

I heard that they were chasing Anthony Harvey for next year, i heard that Walkerville have signed Russell Hart and Aaron Biglands for next year can anyone confirm that they would be a great asset to the club if they go there, Walkerville must have some coin to get them to play for them though....
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Postby dont think do » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:29 pm

didnt you also post that they where going to Brighton???
When to much sport is never enough
dont think do
Rookie

Postby FOOTYGODS » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:09 pm

dont think do wrote:didnt you also post that they where going to Brighton???

yeah i heard they were going to one or the other and was trying to find out where....
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Postby mypaddock » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:03 am

fudd03 wrote:
Falcon Chick wrote:

I heard that they were chasing Anthony Harvey for next year, i heard that Walkerville have signed Russell Hart and Aaron Biglands for next year can anyone confirm that they would be a great asset to the club if they go there, Walkerville must have some coin to get them to play for them though....

also heard payneham picked up pascoe from salis nth for next season
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League