GWS

Talk on the national game

GWS

Postby Fricky » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:42 am

Anyone believe the reason Gubby Allen and Lambert are using for Whitfield going missing? I've had migraines but I'm you can still contact me. http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... s9k94.html
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Re: GWS

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:45 am

All in some strife I reckon. Will be interested to see the outcome, more for player than the off field stooges.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7536 times
Been liked: 10848 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Booney wrote:All in some strife I reckon. Will be interested to see the outcome, more for player than the off field stooges.

Possible 4 year ban for Whitfield.

Talk of McGuire being in strife to for bringing Allen into Collingwood which forced Balme out. Eddie was aware of the investigation but still went and hired Gubby apparently without discussing it with other Collingwood staff, including Buckley.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:55 pm

How is the "illicit drugs being laced with PEDs" theory still persisting? Was a bullshit theory first time around and still is utter bullshit.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:19 pm

I thought it was tainted steak?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 1229 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Grahaml » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:49 pm

If they don't come up with some darn good explanation then I think the kid has to get the maximum and the officials linked must get some pretty serious penalties too. If they have tried to hide the kid from a drugs test then life bans wouldn't be out of place.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Grahaml wrote:If they don't come up with some darn good explanation then I think the kid has to get the maximum and the officials linked must get some pretty serious penalties too. If they have tried to hide the kid from a drugs test then life bans wouldn't be out of place.

I concur with the officials ban, if found, beyond reasonable doubt that they "him him' from either an illicit or performance enhancing positive test then yes, they need to be dealt with very harshly indeed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Grahaml wrote:If they don't come up with some darn good explanation then I think the kid has to get the maximum and the officials linked must get some pretty serious penalties too. If they have tried to hide the kid from a drugs test then life bans wouldn't be out of place.

Agreed, if not minimum 2 year ban for player and life for officials.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2645 times
Been liked: 1869 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:00 pm

MW wrote:

Agreed, if not minimum 2 year ban for player and life for officials.

Whitfield could get a 4 year ban, that'll be a massive whack
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:45 pm

I have one question, How can you hide someone from a drug test when the tests are completely "random" and no one knows they are coming?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2434 times
Been liked: 1670 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:48 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I have one question, How can you hide someone from a drug test when the tests are completely "random" and no one knows they are coming?

You are supposed to record your location at all times. If they wish ASADA can sit and wait for you at the location you have specified. My understanding is where Whitfield was staying in a house was not the location recorded for him at the time.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Q. » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Yep, he holed up elsewhere after a coke binge
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Q. wrote:Yep, he holed up elsewhere after a coke binge

"Migraine" lol
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3569 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:02 am

heater31 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I have one question, How can you hide someone from a drug test when the tests are completely "random" and no one knows they are coming?

You are supposed to record your location at all times. If they wish ASADA can sit and wait for you at the location you have specified. My understanding is where Whitfield was staying in a house was not the location recorded for him at the time.

Even on holidays, end of season trips, players have to give their clubs/ASADA fill itineraries for there whereabouts while away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:31 am

But then the ruse would only be discovered if ASADA (or whoever) tried to locate the player while he wasn't where he was supposed to have been, right?
The only other ways he'd get discovered is if someone ratted on him ("He wasn't at home like he said he was!") which could take some proving, or if there was electronic evidence, like a security camera at a shopping centre, or a credit card being used while he was supposedly somewhere else.
How did they discover he wasn't where he was supposed to have been?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:34 am

therisingblues wrote:But then the ruse would only be discovered if ASADA (or whoever) tried to locate the player while he wasn't where he was supposed to have been, right?
The only other ways he'd get discovered is if someone ratted on him ("He wasn't at home like he said he was!") which could take some proving, or if there was electronic evidence, like a security camera at a shopping centre, or a credit card being used while he was supposedly somewhere else.

Jilted ex-girlfriend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:18 pm

GREATER Western Sydney star ­Lachie Whitfield is set to accept a six-month suspension — but miss just eight games — if charged with breaching the AFL’s illicit drug code.

A decision to accept a charge of bringing the game into disrepute would mean Whitfield avoids a ­potential four-year ban from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority that would ruin his career.

If Whitfield pleads guilty, he would start serving the ban immediately.

He would not be allowed at the Giants’ Olympic Park facility until mid-May and would return in about Round 9 next season.

It is unclear whether GWS will be stripped of picks at this month’s draft because of its governance failings.

ASADA said it was yet to receive the AFL’s full brief of evidence in the case against Whitfield and former GWS staffers Graeme Allan and Craig Lambert.

But the authority said there was nothing stopping the AFL laying its own charges under its disrepute or drug rules.

“ASADA is waiting on the additional information requested from the AFL,” an anti-doping spokesperson said.

“It is impotant that ASADA consider all relevant material before any decision is made about whether to take forward possible anti-doping rule violations.”

Revelations of the trio’s conduct were leaked just hours after Allan was installed over Magpies football boss Neil Balme in August.

Collingwood has drawn up contingency plans to replace Allan in the event he is suspended.

The AFL could charge Whitfield, Allan and Lambert within days over an incident last May.

While Whitfield looks likely to accept the deal, Allan’s intentions are less clear.

He has engaged top resolutions dispute lawyer Leon Zwier.

Whitfield spent three nights at Lambert’s home to allegedly avoid a drug test.

All three have so far denied any wrongdoing.

If charged, Allan and Lambert could be in line for 12-month stints on the sidelines.

Whitfield and his lawyer will have noted the extraordinarily different outcomes achieved by the NRL’s Cronulla Sharks and Essendon in their approaches to the 2012 supplements scandals.

While the Bombers fought the issue through the courts, Sharks players including NSW Origin skipper Paul Gallen accepted offers in August 2014.

They received backdated 12-month bans which meant they missed a handful of games at the end of the 2014 season.

Two years later the Sharks broke their premiership drought, beating the Melbourne Storm.

At the same time Gallen was lifting the NRL premiership trophy the 34 Essendon players, including Brownlow medallist Jobe Watson, were still serving bans.

They only returned to training last week with Watson still unsure if he will keep the Brownlow medal he won in 2012.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:But then the ruse would only be discovered if ASADA (or whoever) tried to locate the player while he wasn't where he was supposed to have been, right?

Jilted ex-girlfriend.

A bit spiteful I would think
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:00 pm

So can anyone tell me why the drug taker would get less penalty than the guys involved in the cover up?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2434 times
Been liked: 1670 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:22 pm

daysofourlives wrote:So can anyone tell me why the drug taker would get less penalty than the guys involved in the cover up?

Because it's the AFL setting the penalty not ASADA
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3569 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Next

Board index   Football  AFL