Australian International Summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Zartan wrote:Lehmann and Smith both said no one is safe (except the 4), and there would be changes.. out of curiosity - how many changes would people think is sufficient to see that they've taken action?

To me if it's one change only I don't think that'll be good enough, but then too many changes might be a bit over board :shock: :?

I'd be happy with one change. Voges out.

regards,

REB

Looks like you just got your wish - hes been struck in the head, Hughes style and carted off to hospital.

Hope he's okay....

Well, that's hardly what I wished for.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I really think we as a whole (including selectors, coach and the general public) need to relax a little bit and stop putting too much pressure on new players coming into the mix. Give them a chance to find their feet and not put too much expectations on their shoulders. I think that is the real killer for Australian cricket. Way too much pressure and expectations to win.

Quite the opposite in fact. They trollop around the globe dressing up in meaningless coloured garb and wear a new hat every other week in meaningless tournaments that see them earn a gasquillion dollars regardless of how the team performs and in the short term regardless of how they perform. They just get on another Qatar Airlines flight to destination XYZ and roll out with willow in hand to have a crack at the next bloke flinging them down.

Putting a bit of emphasis on wearing the baggy green with pride and representing one of our truly national teams that the whole country gets behind ( probably only the Socceroos who get similar support ) then the pressure and expectation to win is high, should be high, and we've all lost the plot when it isn't.

I appreciate your view, but I can't stomach it one bit.

Yeah but the expectations we immediately expect new players to perform straight away and make 100 runs in their first hit out. Or take 5 wickets is phenomenal. We can't expect new blood coming into the team to be game winners from the start. It's about letting them find their feet.

You find your feet at District, then Shield Level. If we are selecting players who have yet to find their feet then it's no wonder they are walking off. All the crap Booney was talking about has devalued the Sheffield Shield with not enough matches taking place before the selection of test teams. The demise of the Cricket Academy and the destruction of the Sheffield Shield and even the Domestic One Day fixtures have left us with a top six who can't build an innings and too many players making it to the top level who need to 'find their feet'.

Fix the fixture and bring back the Academy. It's all about the dollars and they are killing the Golden Goose.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:
Forget the runs on the board, his job is to take wickets. Toss it up, challenge the batsman and if he gets 4/130 it's better than getting 0/90.

I think he's bowling too quickly with too much over spin and doesn't do enough with the ball in the air. His desire to come around the wicket as often as he does is odd and I think his spot is under pressure.

Spinners need runs on the board Boon. When the team is going to shit everyone starts playing for their spot instead of doing the things that got them their Baggy Green in the first place. If we know Nathan should be slowing it down and tossing it up then sure as shit he knows it. But right now it's 'shit, these guys are flogging me I'd better whip it in there' when he should be doing the exact opposite. He knows if he gets too expensive too quickly he'll soon be out of the attack. If we could somehow make more than 300 in the first dig at the Oval I'm sure Lyon will once again get amongst the wickets. Right now he's not game enough to toss it up and slow it down. Just another Australian Test Player looking like a Deer in the headlights.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:41 pm

if we are picking from this game, Zampa gets a gig. he tossed it up and was patient, the wickets started to come... lyon has been to flat
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby hawks21 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:56 pm

You can put Peter Handscomb's name in red ink for the 3rd test!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Faf charged by the ICC with ball tampering.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 1221 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Lyon only bowling to Smiths instructions
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11895 times
Been liked: 3616 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:34 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Faf charged by the ICC with ball tampering.

Dale Steyn has come out with the tweet:
"Beaten with the bat. Beaten with the ball. Beaten in the field. Mentally stronger, Here's a idea, Let's blame it on a lollipop?? #soft."
He then sent another tweet saying that he wasn't blaming the Aussies.
That would be like me saying that I think Steyn is a dickhead and then saying that I am not saying that he is a dickhead. But to begin gloating about how he has dominated that Aussies, and then trying to link this charge as a result of dominating the Aussies.... what is it that you are really trying to say? Dickhead!
Bravada also decided to have a go, but I am not sure what it is he said.
The charge was brought about by the ICC because they viewed footage of him allegedly breaking one of their rules. They could have been thrashed by Clive Lloyd's WIndies and the charge would still have been laid, nothing to do with how well they are performing, nor has it anything to do with the Aussies.
Be interesting to see what happens, but it looks as though the majority of the whining is coming out of the South African camp.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:15 am

therisingblues wrote:

"Beaten with the bat. Beaten with the ball. Beaten in the field. Mentally stronger, Here's a idea, Let's blame it on a lollipop?? #soft."
That would be like me saying that I think Steyn is a dickhead and then saying that I am not saying that he is a dickhead. But to begin gloating about how he has dominated that Aussies, and then trying to link this charge as a result of dominating the Aussies.... what is it that you are really trying to say? Dickhead!
The charge was brought about by the ICC because they viewed footage of him allegedly breaking one of their rules. They could have been thrashed by Clive Lloyd's WIndies and the charge would still have been laid, nothing to do with how well they are performing, nor has it anything to do with the Aussies.
Be interesting to see what happens, but it looks as though the majority of the whining is coming out of the South African camp.

Is that Rabada or Bavuma you are referring to?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:26 am

daysofourlives wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Is that Rabada or Bavuma you are referring to?

He means Rababa. He also Tweeted about this fiasco.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10371 times
Been liked: 1525 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:55 am

**** off Steyn!
Haven't you got another WC semi final to choke in
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:40 pm

On ABC they seem to think Renshaw, Patterson, Handscomb and Wade to come in for Adelaide
Jim05
Coach

Postby RB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Squad for the Third Test:

Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Jackson Bird, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Nic Maddinson, Nathan Lyon, Matt Renshaw, Chadd Sayers, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australi ... 2016-11-20
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Alleluia
Sayers should always be in front of Mennie
At last Australia decide to bring back the best in the business M. Wade.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby RB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:07 pm

I suspect Bird will probably play ahead of Sayers.

Out are Voges, Burns, Ferguson, Nevill, and Mennie.

M. Marsh, O'Keefe and Voges were not considered due to injury.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Hope Wade makes bugger all and drops a ton of catches. He is a disgrace
Jim05
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Jim05 wrote:Hope Wade makes bugger all and drops a ton of catches. He is a disgrace

If he(Wade)is the next best keeper after Nevil then we are in more trouble than I thought.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2233 times
Been liked: 2527 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:10 pm

RB wrote:Squad for the Third Test:

Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Jackson Bird, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Nic Maddinson, Nathan Lyon, Matt Renshaw, Chadd Sayers, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australi ... 2016-11-20

Although I would have never picked Ferguson in the last test it is a bit harsh to drop him after 1 test........ and considering the next test is at Adelaide Oval.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2233 times
Been liked: 2527 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:10 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Hope Wade makes bugger all and drops a ton of catches. He is a disgrace

If he(Wade)is the next best keeper after Nevil then we are in more trouble than I thought.

Yep, let's see if he costs us another test against the Saffers in Adelaide.
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Haters gonna hate
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket