Carlton

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton 2015

by Red Rocket » Tue May 26, 2015 10:04 pm

I still find it hilarious that Buckley cried like a baby to get out of Brisbane and then they went to win 3 flags whilst he won SFA and then to top it off he retires and a few years later Collingwood win it. Hopefully his coaching path ends up the same
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

by Q. » Tue May 26, 2015 10:08 pm

I hope he proves you wrong. We digress anyway, this is the Carlton thread.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

by marbles » Tue May 26, 2015 10:10 pm

11234862_10207203941643273_9157075919409014574_n.jpg
(49.48 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

by gadj1976 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Q. wrote:Maybe. We can only speculate. Ratten had Carlton in pretty good shape as well.

From my observations, Mick is using outdated tactics. The new breed has him covered and he hasn't bothered to adapt.

Brock McLean was on SEN and he said the game style didn't suit the list. The Ratten game plan was to (in his words) to take the game on, take risks and run the ball quickly. It suited the list. He said when Mick came in, he changed the game plan to be like Collingwood's (something that I really didn't see us embracing) and it didn't suit our list.

My gripe with Malthouse was that he was brought in to sure up our defence, not to completely rebuild a list and throw a good gameplan out the window!

So now, I see it that our board has rectified a huge costly error from 3 years ago. Time to go forward. I know that will be more pain this year because we just don't have the cattle (thanks again Mick) but i want to see an updated game plan implemented and play guys in their correct positions.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

by gadj1976 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:24 am

Loving what I'm reading from the Pres at the moment. Some unity, FINALLY! I heard Trigg's interview and he's said exactly the same thing as LoGu.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... hb3sw.html
gadj1976
Coach

by Booney » Thu May 28, 2015 11:59 am

gadj1976 wrote:Loving what I'm reading from the Pres at the moment. Some unity, FINALLY! I heard Trigg's interview and he's said exactly the same thing as LoGu.

"Yep, we're ****** and we know it" = Unity. ;)

You believed LoGu, but what about Trigg? :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7500 times
Been liked: 10789 times

by Turbo » Thu May 28, 2015 12:49 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Loving what I'm reading from the Pres at the moment. Some unity, FINALLY! I heard Trigg's interview and he's said exactly the same thing as LoGu.

Onwards and upwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

by gadj1976 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Booney wrote:

I believed Trigg in what he said about everyone being on the same page when they left the room at the start of the year. Malthouse decided to deviate from the plan despite agreeing to it (this sounds familiar) and played it out in the media.

By the way, your first comment - yes, that is a positive for us. For years we've had three different versions of what's going on come out of the club. It's nice to at least see some harmony! Malthouse saying at the start of the year "I can't see a team beating us" might've been tongue in cheek but it gives nuff nuff supporters false hope.
gadj1976
Coach

by Rik E Boy » Thu May 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Booney wrote:

You better hope you have more luck with Carlton than you do with Richmond Booney. Shit mate even Melbourne beat them. : D

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

by Gozu » Thu May 28, 2015 11:11 pm

“One of the things I did feel more than anything, outside the sense of disappointment, I felt as if I sort of deserved just a little bit better,” the now retired Malthouse told Gerard Whateley on Fox Footy on Thursday night.

“Either a bit more time or less time. I felt a little bit of discomfort that way, but no animosity.”

The statement from club president Mark LoGiudice outlining the deadline for improvement was released on Monday night after Malthouse met with the club’s higher-ups.

Malthouse said he was “very, very disappointed” with the tone of the letter, expressing his desire to have more emphasis on the players and the admittedly difficult journey ahead of them, as opposed to reiterating how “miserable” the team was.

Despite the blatantly inflammatory nature of his comments on Tuesday morning, Malthouse was adamant he did not intend to force the board club to sack him.

He explained his comments were simply a by-product of him being fed up with his team being criticised from pillar to post considering the number of players they had on the sidelines.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/05 ... r-carlton/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

by woodublieve12 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:07 am

good to see carlton putting some effort into this rounds jumper :shock: :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2403 times

by gadj1976 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:30 am

Gozu wrote:
“One of the things I did feel more than anything, outside the sense of disappointment, I felt as if I sort of deserved just a little bit better,” the now retired Malthouse told Gerard Whateley on Fox Footy on Thursday night.

“Either a bit more time or less time. I felt a little bit of discomfort that way, but no animosity.”

The statement from club president Mark LoGiudice outlining the deadline for improvement was released on Monday night after Malthouse met with the club’s higher-ups.

Malthouse said he was “very, very disappointed” with the tone of the letter, expressing his desire to have more emphasis on the players and the admittedly difficult journey ahead of them, as opposed to reiterating how “miserable” the team was.

Despite the blatantly inflammatory nature of his comments on Tuesday morning, Malthouse was adamant he did not intend to force the board club to sack him.

He explained his comments were simply a by-product of him being fed up with his team being criticised from pillar to post considering the number of players they had on the sidelines.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/05 ... r-carlton/

What a load of bollocks.
gadj1976
Coach

by JK » Fri May 29, 2015 8:50 am

Only saw bits of the interview, and had mixed feelings about it. For mine, I didn't mind Mick's attitude of sticking to principal on some things, I just think the way he went about it was just far too old school. It seems he's so set in his ways (read: stubborn and belligerent) and clearly incapable of moving with modern times and practices. Despite insisting on occasion it wasn't about him, he'd then start a helluva lot of sentences beginning with "I". I've always been a Malthouse fan, but it does seem as though the game has well and truly moved past him.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

by LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 29, 2015 9:09 am

Caro Wilson said it best believe it or not. She claimed he was aiming to get sacked with his comments last week. That didn't work so he went for the throat of Trigg and the club this week. After he was sacked he would be far more controlled and mellow. Still didn't stop him throwing Trigg, Adelaide and Betts under the bus on the way out and then back down from his comments last night. Pretty ordinary.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

by JK » Fri May 29, 2015 9:13 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Caro Wilson said it best believe it or not. She claimed he was aiming to get sacked with his comments last week. That didn't work so he went for the throat of Trigg and the club this week. After he was sacked he would be far more controlled and mellow. Still didn't stop him throwing Trigg, Adelaide and Betts under the bus on the way out and then back down from his comments last night. Pretty ordinary.

I dont think too many would disagree with that. Think he either wanted a definitive out or in and forced the clubs hand to make it happen.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

by Booney » Fri May 29, 2015 9:47 am

His comments about the Betts deal were clearly a veiled swipe at Trigg, "Hey, he's got form" was the inference. In that respect, you can't say Malthouse was wrong, Trigg does have form.

Having said that, Malthouse is a career coach, this is his fourth club and 5th as player and coach.

I've heard "never a more loyal person in football", bulltish, he's a Tigers player and then a career coach who knows full well the pitfalls of being a senior coach and I'd think he would regret taking the Carlton job on. Purely out of spite after the "Collingwood succession plan" did he take this job on, or, he completely misread the quality of the list. Me, I think he's too football savvy to have misread the list and was out to stick it up Eddie.

To then leave with guns blazing is part of the legacy that will see him remembered as a 3 time Premiership coach, the games record holder for coaching but ultimately a bloke who isn't and won't be revered as his record suggests he should because of his attitude at times.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Fri May 29, 2015 9:55 am

Just for the record, he's been involved with 6 clubs. St Kilda, Richmond, Footscray, West Coast, Collingwood, Carlton.

I watched about 10 minutes of last night's interview. It might have been that I was too hyped from seeing the Mad Max film, but much of what I saw didn't make sense. The man talks in riddles.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by Booney » Fri May 29, 2015 10:01 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Just for the record, he's been involved with 6 clubs. St Kilda, Richmond, Footscray, West Coast, Collingwood, Carlton.

I watched about 10 minutes of last night's interview. It might have been that I was too hyped from seeing the Mad Max film, but much of what I saw didn't make sense. The man talks in riddles.

My bad, forgot about the St's.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Fri May 29, 2015 10:16 am

I think most people do...in so many facets.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by HH3 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:19 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Just for the record, he's been involved with 6 clubs. St Kilda, Richmond, Footscray, West Coast, Collingwood, Carlton.

Awesome movie!
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL