Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:01 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:Oh oh wait a sec but the initial deal Port signed to get in the AFL and thought they would deal with later was unfair as well

Is there a dumber sporting franchise in Australia that repeatedly make the same mistakes

It's only in the last couple of years that they think they have worked out their own identity :lol: :lol:

Even that's still questionable

Well I'm off to get a new house loan, gonna sign whatever contract com bank put in front of me, ill head back there in 6 months time and try and renegotiate the t&c with them then if my presumptions aren't correct.

But hang on is it ok for the bank turn around a couple months of signing that contract and say our fees have change from $500 to now $10,000, so you will be required to pay an extra $9,500?

You do realise (even though you and duchy seem to blind to see it) but the crows are also in the same situation?

Unfortunately in the world we live in it is ok for the banks to increase rates, doesn't mean I can re negotiate the terms and conditions of my loan. You sign to say they can change there fee structure etc etc
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:52 am

kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:
What the SANFL have now done has shown how incompetent they are, plus have put themselves on the back foot for any support in the future.

Yeah they have done nothing for Port, wish I could get a $14m loan that I didnt have to pay back... :roll:

SANFL owned Port's license, they could of easily said no. When you own any business and something goes bad you make the decision to pump in the money or cut it loose.

Yes, that would have endeared the SANFL to even more Port people Im sure. They have always been in a no win situation when it comes to Port, because as a group you wont ever accept any responsibility for the errors that you've made, it's always been someone elses fault. The poor hard done by Collingwood of the state that's more than happy to continually remind people "It's us against the rest, we don't need anyone's help" .. Until it comes to money.

Easily the most successful and famous club in the state, and up there with the greatest in the country imho, but FFS, acknowledge your bad with your good once in a while.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:09 am

JK wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:
What the SANFL have now done has shown how incompetent they are, plus have put themselves on the back foot for any support in the future.

Yeah they have done nothing for Port, wish I could get a $14m loan that I didnt have to pay back... :roll:

SANFL owned Port's license, they could of easily said no. When you own any business and something goes bad you make the decision to pump in the money or cut it loose.

Yes, that would have endeared the SANFL to even more Port people Im sure. They have always been in a no win situation when it comes to Port, because as a group you wont ever accept any responsibility for the errors that you've made, it's always been someone elses fault. The poor hard done by Collingwood of the state that's more than happy to continually remind people "It's us against the rest, we don't need anyone's help" .. Until it comes to money.

Easily the most successful and famous club in the state, and up there with the greatest in the country imho, but FFS, acknowledge your bad with your good once in a while.

Yep great post!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:20 am

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Lol gotta get me one of those.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:04 am

Also big lol the SANFL just took it 14mil+ from AO. hahahahaha seriously this is the best stadium deal for an organization who has no connection now (due to sold licenses) in the history of the world probably.
stan
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm

stan wrote:Also big lol the SANFL just took it 14mil+ from AO. hahahahaha seriously this is the best stadium deal for an organization who has no connection now (due to sold licenses) in the history of the world probably.

Yeh but it's more then likely they have now shot themselves in the foot.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby stan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:50 pm

kickinit wrote:
stan wrote:Also big lol the SANFL just took it 14mil+ from AO. hahahahaha seriously this is the best stadium deal for an organization who has no connection now (due to sold licenses) in the history of the world probably.

Yeh but it's more then likely they have now shot themselves in the foot.

Well sometimes you just have to milk the cow you have as much as possible.

If the statr government has taught us nothing else surely we have learnt this.
stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Give them all a fair deal and then charge the earth for them to field a side in the SANFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:Give them all a fair deal and then charge the earth for them to field a side in the SANFL

Yeah let them take all the revenue and just charge 5mill each for their SANFL teams, would pay for a nice increase in the salary cap
And probably time to start charging the Crows rent too
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Jim05 wrote:Give them all a fair deal and then charge the earth for them to field a side in the SANFL

Probably the way to go to be honest. Seriously the SANFL making 15mil on teams they dont hold licenses for maybe a bit extreme.
stan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:20 pm

stan wrote:

Probably the way to go to be honest. Seriously the SANFL making 15mil on teams they dont hold licenses for maybe a bit extreme.

That's why they sold the licenses at ridiculously low prices because this agreement was already entered into.
If the Crows want to pay cost price plus compensation and the Power two dozen empty bottles plus the compensation they've receieved then the SANFL will be all ears as well as compensation for revenue lost at Footy Pk.
300 million should cover it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2058 times
Been liked: 3909 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:10 pm

stan wrote:

Crows up 30%
Power up 60odd%
Sanfl up 33%

on Footy Park
seems about right to me, share it around.

The SANFL has sold the licenses to them for diddly squat, the Crows have free rent, the Power received cash handouts and they peanuts to be part of the SANFL competition.
Swings and roundabouts come to mind
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby kickinit » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 am

Wedgie wrote:
stan wrote:

That's why they sold the licenses at ridiculously low prices because this agreement was already entered into.
If the Crows want to pay cost price plus compensation and the Power two dozen empty bottles plus the compensation they've receieved then the SANFL will be all ears as well as compensation for revenue lost at Footy Pk.
300 million should cover it.

The reason behind moving to AO was to have a lean management so the clubs could make more money. The SANFL was suppose to make it's money through the sale or renting out Footy park. At the current moment the SANFL isn't doing it part it agree to when it entered the SMA board, it also could find it self in a tricky situation if it doesn't change it ways.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:25 am

Crows and Power propoganda reminds me of religion.
Its cute but concerning that grown people believe in fairy tales.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2058 times
Been liked: 3909 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:49 am

Wedgie wrote:Crows and Power propoganda reminds me of religion.
Its cute but concerning that grown people believe in fairy tales.

Me and my mate are now discussing what has more credibility, the bible, the advertiser, 5aa or the Power and Crows official websites
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 am

At its simplest if it wasn't for the SANFL allowing the Power to move to AO they would have still made less money this season at Footy Park with the smaller crowds they would have got there.
whufc
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:52 am

whufc wrote:At its simplest if it wasn't for the SANFL allowing the Power to move to AO they would have still made less money this season at Footy Park with the smaller crowds they would have got there.

You do realise that the AFL could of made that deal happen without the SANFL.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:20 am

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:At its simplest if it wasn't for the SANFL allowing the Power to move to AO they would have still made less money this season at Footy Park with the smaller crowds they would have got there.

You do realise that the AFL could of made that deal happen without the SANFL.

With a massive ammount of money changing hands. AAMI stadium had a long term lease on AFL in Adelaide, no court in the land would overturn the contract. The AFL would of had to pay out on that one.
Port will end up getting what they want out of the AO oval deal but im sure they will still find a way to make a loss and blame everyone else
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 am

Ports current board wouldn't have the balls to do it without SANFL support. When it comes to financial support in a crisis don't bite the hand that feeds you....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby kickinit » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:27 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Ports current board wouldn't have the balls to do it without SANFL support. When it comes to financial support in a crisis don't bite the hand that feeds you....

You do realise the AFL have more to lose then the SANFL and they also have more money then the SANFL. The SANFL are very tiny fish compared to the AFL. You'd actually be pretty stupid if you stuck with the SANFL and not gone with the AFL.
kickinit
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL