Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:22 am

Div 5 is historically a very even comp.

Weather would've had heaps to do with it, I haven't had a look at where the Pulteney game was played yesterday but if it was in the Morgan Oval slop, then you'd have to give them half a chance.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:32 am

wassprinttospace wrote:Some important games in the overall scheme of things today with Rosewater and Pulteney getting the job done over CLG and Para Hills respectively and BOS getting over Elizabeth after giving up a 40 odd point head start to the Eagles.

5 rounds to go and it will be tough for Greenacres, Pulteney and Elizabeth to make the top 5 with the first 2 needing to make up 3 wins and percentage and Elizabeth needing to make up 2 wins and percentage.

As for the top 5 anything can happen here as there are a few key fixtures between these teams -

Rd 14 - CBC v Rosewater at CBC
Rd 15 - BOS v Rosewater at BOS
Rd 17 - Para Hills v CLG at CLG
Rd 18 - CBC v Para Hills at CBC

Elizabeth always seem to start well against BOS and then end up losing. I remember a game they were 7 goals up at quarter time and we ran over them. Plus a couple of other games where they had leads at 3 quarter and lost back in the day. BOS looking good for a spot in div 4
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby ROOBOY18 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:46 pm

The B grade umpire from BOS........wow!!
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:20 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:The B grade umpire from BOS........wow!!

Good looker is he?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby wassprinttospace » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:53 am

Tony Clifton wrote:

Good looker is he?

:lol:
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Good looker is he?

Worst umpire in the Div by far, no idea at all 8-}
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby wassprinttospace » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:53 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Good looker is he?

Worst umpire in the Div by far, no idea at all 8-}

easy from the cheap seats, let us know if you're keen to have a go with the whistle yourself rooboy ....
i'm not saying he's the best in the div but as with all umpires at this level they are doing it to help the club and the comp ... no umpire no game.
the guy he teamed up with on Saturday from Elizabeth has not umpired alot of footy from what a couple of their players said but at least he had a go. we tolerated that and just got on with the game regardless.
no impact on the outcome from either ump and they called what the saw.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby the wizard » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:19 pm

the wizard wrote:para hills looking good hanson starting to play best footy for the year

I had to open my big mouth
the wizard
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby ROOBOY18 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:10 am

The EFC umpire was umpiring Elizabeth for the first time yes but has been umpiring the last couple of years at another club, so not sure why your umpire felt the need the overrule him several times. But yes as u said no umpires no game........and by the way no im to busy gameday to umpire :lol:
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby wassprinttospace » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:32 am

ROOBOY18 wrote:The EFC umpire was umpiring Elizabeth for the first time yes but has been umpiring the last couple of years at another club, so not sure why your umpire felt the need the overrule him several times. But yes as u said no umpires no game........and by the way no im to busy gameday to umpire :lol:

I'm the BOS runner so have a closer view on a number of occassions of umpring decisions and there were a number of times that the EFC ump wouldn't make a decision both ways, that's frustrating for everyone. He did make a decision to send the wrong player off before everyone corrected him and said that guy wasn't involved in the inital scuffle.

I recall he got overruled once when number 7 pushed his own player in the back in a marking contest and it was called as a free against BOS. Everyone within 50 meters could see what happneed and the BOS ump corrected the decision made, what's so wrong with that? I dont recall 'several' over rules but i could be wrong.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby ROOBOY18 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:48 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:The EFC umpire was umpiring Elizabeth for the first time yes but has been umpiring the last couple of years at another club, so not sure why your umpire felt the need the overrule him several times. But yes as u said no umpires no game........and by the way no im to busy gameday to umpire :lol:

I'm the BOS runner so have a closer view on a number of occassions of umpring decisions and there were a number of times that the EFC ump wouldn't make a decision both ways, that's frustrating for everyone. He did make a decision to send the wrong player off before everyone corrected him and said that guy wasn't involved in the inital scuffle.

I recall he got overruled once when number 7 pushed his own player in the back in a marking contest and it was called as a free against BOS. Everyone within 50 meters could see what happneed and the BOS ump corrected the decision made, what's so wrong with that? I dont recall 'several' over rules but i could be wrong.

:-BD
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby justmy2cents » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:11 pm

I saw him send a Greenacres player off for accidentally stepping on his foot. Then gave him a red card when the player laughed and said "you've got to be joking"
justmy2cents
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:18 pm

justmy2cents wrote:

I saw him send a Greenacres player off for accidentally stepping on his foot. Then gave him a red card when the player laughed and said "you've got to be joking"

wassprinttospace wrote: easy from the cheap seats, let us know if you're keen to have a go with the whistle yourself

;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:27 pm

justmy2cents wrote:

It does piss you off when you keep getting banged into when you step back after the ball up, first or second time I make a joke like "Umpire contact, 2 beer fine", any more than that I start to lose my shit and pay free's, I know it isn't intentional but some players use you as a shield and I know how to determine who's at fault.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7939 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:23 pm

justmy2cents wrote:

Thanks for confirming what I posted a while back...

turk186 wrote:
Zartan wrote:Greenacres fronting the tribunal in consecutive weeks for head butting & abusing umpires to follow up a couple of investigations last season... will this be another Northern suburbs club to feel the wrath of the league? :shock:

Not sure about this ????
Yes we fronted the tribunal last week
No report this week as far as I know
We were not investigated once last year to my knowledge let alone a couple of investigations. :? :? :?

Zartan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:If there was a report, how did it go missing? I'm sure the folk at BOS would've arked up if that was the case.

So Nick Kumm did not receive a yellow card for stepping on an umpires foot then a red card for umpire abuse on the way off?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4023 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Another week closer to the end of the minor round and there are no real certainties other than Woody South being relegated to div 6 in 2016.

With 3 rounds to go there are a number of A grade games that will shape the top 5 and Elizabeth are right under the pump to make it.
Rd 16 - Para Hills v Elizabeth
Rd 17 - Elizabeth v Rosewater, Para Hills v CLG
Rd 18 – CBC v Para Hills, CLG v Elizabeth
For mine – Elizabeth to miss, CBC to take 3rd and the rest more than likely to remain the same.
Greenacres, Pulteney and Lutheran will create havoc as well over the closing 3 rounds to decide the 2nd relegation side and also potentially throwing the top 5 on its head.

As for the B grade there are a few possible changes as well with some important games including –
Rd 17 – Elizabeth v Rosewater
Rd 18 – Rosewater v Pulteney, CLG v Elizabeth
For mine – CBC to take 4th and the rest to remain about the same.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby scottroo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Very even comp this year, where almost any game can go either way....come finals time, I think allot of it will come down to which team has the most luck with injuries etc.

Blackfriars the favourites, but wouldn't surprise me at the stage to see any of the top 6 win it
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby wassprinttospace » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 am

Came across a write up from last weeks game between Rosewater and BOS.

Some interesting points –
- 6 changes for Rosewater from previous week - one of the changes I think played in the B’s against BOS
- Blackfriars only 1 player away from full strength - more than 1 away from full strength
- an ‘over the top’ celebration after the final siren - if you call shaking hands and saying well played plus a few players having a laugh about a BOS players snap shot that went wayward as being an over the top celebration then that is probably a correct statement

In the wash up it is the same as what happened in 2014. BOS lose at home early in the season and Rosewater lose at home late in the season. On the respective days both teams beaten by a better side.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:37 am

wassprinttospace wrote:Came across a write up from last weeks game between Rosewater and BOS.

- 6 changes for Rosewater from previous week - one of the changes I think played in the B’s against BOS
- Blackfriars only 1 player away from full strength - more than 1 away from full strength
- an ‘over the top’ celebration after the final siren - if you call shaking hands and saying well played plus a few players having a laugh about a BOS players snap shot that went wayward as being an over the top celebration then that is probably a correct statement

In the wash up it is the same as what happened in 2014. BOS lose at home early in the season and Rosewater lose at home late in the season. On the respective days both teams beaten by a better side.

Good to see someone reads my newsletter.
6 changes is 6 changes? The outs were Giuffreda, Schar, Jacobsen, Batchelor, Mahney and Arthur
Who is missing from your best side?
I never noticed an over the top celebration but as soon as that siren went I was :drinkers:
Spot on about the last bit.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby wassprinttospace » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:01 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:Came across a write up from last weeks game between Rosewater and BOS.

Good to see someone reads my newsletter.
6 changes is 6 changes? The outs were Giuffreda, Schar, Jacobsen, Batchelor, Mahney and Arthur
Who is missing from your best side?
I never noticed an over the top celebration but as soon as that siren went I was :drinkers:
Spot on about the last bit.

Always like to keep up with what's going on around the traps.
If you are undermanned you wouldn't put an A grader from the previous week back in the 2's though would you unless he had to be somewhere else later in the day ...
Heaps mate .. well actually at least 2 premiership players from '14, a ruckman from this year and CHF from last year who did a knee early in the season
Nice facilities for a bevvy but you've gotta do something about the sand pits, bit unstable in there.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League