4%
Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Arch44 wrote:I will concede he did play a trial with us this year and got reported and is yet to front the tribunal.

Tonight I think
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:52 pm

piglet1 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
Doghouse2 wrote:is it right that stubby and Brett McPherson back at Rosewater?

Neither are named for WC and Rosewater have only named 17...

Stubby played B Grade, kicked 1.9
McPherson played C Grade

Seems you've managed to grab more ex west croydon players beefy with alex birch and reece Johnston making the jump over.
Seem to be quite the recruiter beefy

I see big Axe has left West Croydon too - what's going on over there? @Arch44
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Lots of positivity and new faces mate.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Arch44 wrote:I will concede he did play a trial with us this year and got reported and is yet to front the tribunal.

Tonight I think

I reckon you blokes should handle this now :lol:
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Arch, how does Sam Dietrich go?
Last edited by Q. on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Goes ok, trick is keeping him interested. Whys that?
Is also very good at lawn bowls.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Tonight I think

I reckon you blokes should handle this now [emoji38]

Probably, you blokes will go in and plead guilty and say he needs to made an example of.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Arch44 wrote:Goes ok, trick is keeping him interested. Whys that?

Was in the rep 18's side (footy) too...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Tonight I think

I reckon you blokes should handle this now [emoji38]

Probably, you blokes will go in and plead guilty and say he needs to made an example of.

:lol: yep maximum penalty
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Met him the other night. Solid unit.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Q. wrote:

Met him the other night. Solid unit.

Yep he is. Gives the ball a fair roost too.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Doghouse2 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:55 pm

For the life of me can't work out why these clubs keep taking these guys back, they go from club to club around the port and surrounds. Rosewater's a grade on weekend 5 out of 22 from prelim final 18 months ago.massive turnover of players and clubs just don't seem to think ahead.they think short term success is the key to good club. most coaches think of themselves and their own success. They know they have small window of opportunity for a premiership and will accept all and pay whatever they think is needed.the clubs may still be there in years to come but the floaters that come and go are the reason clubs like Kilburn Brahma Lodge Rosewater West Croydon Mitchell Park Salisbury West etc good 1 year and bad for next 3. the floaters dont care as they move on again and don't actually care how the clubs are left. Until the clubs have some balls and address these problems they will continue in the same manner and only a matter of time until some clubs are gone. Kilburn were very close salisbury west have gone close wingfield gone. frustrates the hell out of me that these clubs keep going over same mistakes continually and don't learn.

and why do coaches still continue to put guys in the paper as best when they have played minimal game time and clearly not in the best? do they think other clubs don't know who the good players are in each side these days?

and feel sorry for the guys who have to hear the usual bullsh*t coachs say " if you do the preseason you'll get picked and the guys that don't won't start, this year we have the numbers so they can't just turn up when they want" but yet round 1 have guys who train 1 and "float" in from other clubs picked in higher grades and ones that hardly missed don't get game - and no I'm not a player, just can't stand bullsh*t
Doghouse2
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby oldman » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Lets forget about all the other crap and talk footy..... What are we expecting to learn from this weeks games?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:42 am

Doghouse2 wrote:For the life of me can't work out why these clubs keep taking these guys back, they go from club to club around the port and surrounds. Rosewater's a grade on weekend 5 out of 22 from prelim final 18 months ago.massive turnover of players and clubs just don't seem to think ahead.they think short term success is the key to good club. most coaches think of themselves and their own success. They know they have small window of opportunity for a premiership and will accept all and pay whatever they think is needed.the clubs may still be there in years to come but the floaters that come and go are the reason clubs like Kilburn Brahma Lodge Rosewater West Croydon Mitchell Park Salisbury West etc good 1 year and bad for next 3. the floaters dont care as they move on again and don't actually care how the clubs are left. Until the clubs have some balls and address these problems they will continue in the same manner and only a matter of time until some clubs are gone. Kilburn were very close salisbury west have gone close wingfield gone. frustrates the hell out of me that these clubs keep going over same mistakes continually and don't learn.

and why do coaches still continue to put guys in the paper as best when they have played minimal game time and clearly not in the best? do they think other clubs don't know who the good players are in each side these days?

and feel sorry for the guys who have to hear the usual bullsh*t coachs say " if you do the preseason you'll get picked and the guys that don't won't start, this year we have the numbers so they can't just turn up when they want" but yet round 1 have guys who train 1 and "float" in from other clubs picked in higher grades and ones that hardly missed don't get game - and no I'm not a player, just can't stand bullsh*t

:shock:

What is this, I don't even
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:59 am

Doghouse2 wrote:For the life of me can't work out why these clubs keep taking these guys back, they go from club to club around the port and surrounds. Rosewater's a grade on weekend 5 out of 22 from prelim final 18 months ago.massive turnover of players and clubs just don't seem to think ahead.they think short term success is the key to good club. most coaches think of themselves and their own success. They know they have small window of opportunity for a premiership and will accept all and pay whatever they think is needed.the clubs may still be there in years to come but the floaters that come and go are the reason clubs like Kilburn Brahma Lodge Rosewater West Croydon Mitchell Park Salisbury West etc good 1 year and bad for next 3. the floaters dont care as they move on again and don't actually care how the clubs are left. Until the clubs have some balls and address these problems they will continue in the same manner and only a matter of time until some clubs are gone. Kilburn were very close salisbury west have gone close wingfield gone. frustrates the hell out of me that these clubs keep going over same mistakes continually and don't learn.

Agree with a lot of the stuff you bought up, but lets face it, coaches will spruik about training etc, but its happened for years now and always will continue to happen unless your club is in an extraordinary position to be able to leave top calibre players out due to lack of training.. Which generally wont be the case in the lower divisions..

I see your point about non sustainable environments with players chasing the coin with no loyalty, but find it odd that you throw Rosewater in that category. Yes, the player payments are probably excessive for div 5, but what sets them apart from the other 4 clubs you mentioned is that they have worked hard to build up the junior sides to have 5 i believe now, if not 6, where the other 4 clubs dont have juniors, so will rely on 'floaters' to stick around, and when they dont, they go under.. 17 players out of the side from 2013 prelim, how many of them have left to go to other clubs? I think you'll find very few if any have moved on to another club, simply have moved down the grades or retired from the game..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:00 am

oldman wrote:Lets forget about all the other crap and talk footy..... What are we expecting to learn from this weeks games?

these forums wouldn't exist without all the other crap ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:10 am

human_torpedo wrote:

Interesting read Bradm.. I mean Doghouse2

Agree with a lot of the stuff you bought up, but lets face it, coaches will spruik about training etc, but its happened for years now and always will continue to happen unless your club is in an extraordinary position to be able to leave top calibre players out due to lack of training.. Which generally wont be the case in the lower divisions..

I see your point about non sustainable environments with players chasing the coin with no loyalty, but find it odd that you throw Rosewater in that category. Yes, the player payments are probably excessive for div 5, but what sets them apart from the other 4 clubs you mentioned is that they have worked hard to build up the junior sides to have 5 i believe now, if not 6, where the other 4 clubs dont have juniors, so will rely on 'floaters' to stick around, and when they dont, they go under.. 17 players out of the side from 2013 prelim, how many of them have left to go to other clubs? I think you'll find very few if any have moved on to another club, simply have moved down the grades or retired from the game..

I'm more curious about this being a particular "Port" phenomena.

It seems the number of blokes who have done time at Rosewater/Port Districts/Portland/North Haven far exceeds the number of blokes who have done time at Unley/Mitcham/Scotch, or Mitchell Park/Colonel Light Gardens/Kenilworth, or PNU/Walkerville/Hectorville.

Anyone care to theorise why?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 am

human_torpedo wrote:

Correct 0 players have gone to other clubs.
6 x Retired (I was A Grade runner on Sat)
4 x Unavailable on Sat that are likely to play
12 x Played Saturday in various grades

We have 7 junior sides this year.
As an aside, we are just starting to see some juniors coming through into our seniors again, we didn't have juniors for a while and have only had 16s the last couple of years. I'm not sure if it upsets Doghouse2 but 2 played A Grade on Saturday or is that unacceptable turnover of players.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:31 am

jo172 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

It seems the number of blokes who have done time at Rosewater/Port Districts/Portland/North Haven far exceeds the number of blokes who have done time at Unley/Mitcham/Scotch, or Mitchell Park/Colonel Light Gardens/Kenilworth, or PNU/Walkerville/Hectorville.

Club environment
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:35 am

jo172 wrote:

Is it really a Port phenomena? Does it not happen in other areas? Flinders Park/Woody South/Henley/Lockleys or TTG/Hope Valley/Golden Grove/ Modbury or Salisbury/Salisbury West/Salisbury North/Brahma Lodge or Eastern Park/Elizabeth/Central United/Smithfield
Mr Beefy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League