The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Do we know you won't be able to get there via Morphett st?

If the answer is no I can see your point. Not sure it's enough of a reason not to put the hospital there given it's a billion dollars worth and changing some roads around is a fraction of that cost, but I do agree that you won't want ambos stuck in traffic.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:22 pm

bennymacca wrote:Do we know you won't be able to get there via Morphett st?

Yes I do, the answer is no. The bridge goes over North Terrace and the earliest street you can turn on to is Hindley St.
I asked these questions before I voted.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2055 times
Been liked: 3907 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Personally I blame the AFL. They don't give a shit how difficult it is to get to he new hospital for the common people as long as their pampered stars get preferential treatment.
And how long is it going to be before they start bleeting on about how long it is taking for them to get their puffballs through the traffic.
Toughen the **** up you soft AFL cocks.

You're getting a fantastic new stadium and a fantastic new hospital, neither of which has cost you a bean, and still you're not satisfied. All those false promises that there would be 5,000 extra doctors and nurses. Yeah right, tossers!!

I say if the Crows and Port don't like it, then let them build their own ******* hospital and see how much that costs.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby dedja » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:15 pm

I'm amazed no-one's brought up the disgraceful way the AFL engineered the Pirie St bike lane.

#shambles
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:46 pm

dedja wrote:I'm amazed no-one's brought up the disgraceful way the AFL engineered the Pirie St bike lane.

#shambles

Can't be as bad as the effort on Frome St!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2055 times
Been liked: 3907 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby dedja » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Yeah, that one too ... :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:30 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:So personally WIN LOSE OR DRAW i will not be attending AFL games in a COMPROMISED SANFL.

The two headed supporters by attending these games are legitimising the whole concept of this debacle.

So to some SANFL supporters if you still do not understand the your SANFL club is competing against MULTI MILLION DOLLAR AFL franchises there is no hope and the SANFL is doomed.

In the end it is the perogative of each individual supporter to make up his mind if he wants to support the AFL INVASION.

I will not be a party to this FARCE !!!!!

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1562 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby holden78 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:So personally WIN LOSE OR DRAW i will not be attending AFL games in a COMPROMISED SANFL.

The two headed supporters by attending these games are legitimising the whole concept of this debacle.

So to some SANFL supporters if you still do not understand the your SANFL club is competing against MULTI MILLION DOLLAR AFL franchises there is no hope and the SANFL is doomed.

In the end it is the perogative of each individual supporter to make up his mind if he wants to support the AFL INVASION.

We totally agree, but talking to some of the heads that have a say in SANFL footy, they had it rammed down their necks that without the Gayfl twosome, the comp would be broke in 2 years!
So there's f all chance of a change now, but the structure of this comp needs fixing so it's about the 8 SANFL clubs again because at the moment it's all about the two loudmouth Cancers ffs!
Two things we would do straight away. Firstly, Candys and PAPS get 18 games per season then they can play each other until Xmas if they want!
Secondly, any SANFL club that is lucky enough to sneak a win against the Candys or PAPS in the future should pickup 3 points for a win not the standard 2 per win!
Also anyone calling this comp the state league needs a one way ticket to North Korea paid for by Davies, Olsen and Whicker from their lunch fund :drinkers:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby PhilH » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:20 pm

So are the SANFL crowds up or down this year ???

Find out with the league figures compared with the last 3 years, plus rankings of home game, all game and away game average crowds club by club.

All in the FOOT-e TIMES SANFL CROWD WATCH.

http://footetimes.com/sanfl-crowd-watch-where-we-are-at/

BTW check out the difference between Norwood's home and away crowds so far this season.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby JK » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Phil, do those figures include the Anzac Day GF re-match as a Norwood home crowd?

Also whilst being behind last years average, I reckon a lot of people forget how ludicrous last years draw was in the early rounds
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby PhilH » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Yes - Anzac Day was a Norwood home game even though it was not at Norwood ..... yes the draw does make a big difference when you are comparing 4-5 games one year against another, that is why I waited until the 1/2 way point of the season to post any figures.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Postby JK » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Cheers mate. Interesting figure about Norwoods average away crowd. Richmond on Friday is the only one I've been to thus far and we definitely had a good majority of the supporters. We've obviously struggled this year so maybe the bandwagon is stuttering?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby PhilH » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Glenelg was in the heavy rain, Central at 12.40pm, South a night game were all poor crowds under 2K., 3100 at Richmond picked it up a bit. With games at Unley & Alberton to come it should pick up a bit.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Postby JK » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:45 pm

PhilH wrote:Glenelg was in the heavy rain, Central at 12.40pm, South a night game were all poor crowds under 2K., 3100 at Richmond picked it up a bit. With games at Unley & Alberton to come it should pick up a bit.

Yeah I thought we had some excuses, just didn't want to use them :)

Unley, Alberton, Woodville and Prospect should be reasonable
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby LPH » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Based on those figures, it appears that everything is fine with the Competition & there was nothing to worry about.
Great, the SANFL has never been healthier.
Here's to another 140 years.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:36 am

holden78 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Image[/quote

We totally agree, but talking to some of the heads that have a say in SANFL footy, they had it rammed down their necks that without the Gayfl twosome, the comp would be broke in 2 years!
So there's f all chance of a change now, but the structure of this comp needs fixing so it's about the 8 SANFL clubs again because at the moment it's all about the two loudmouth Cancers ffs!
Two things we would do straight away. Firstly, Candys and PAPS get 18 games per season then they can play each other until Xmas if they want!
Secondly, any SANFL club that is lucky enough to sneak a win against the Candys or PAPS in the future should pickup 3 points for a win not the standard 2 per win!
Also anyone calling this comp the state league needs a one way ticket to North Korea paid for by Davies, Olsen and Whicker from their lunch fund :drinkers:

Yes Holden78 your solution might be the way to go in this debacle.

Both AFL sides play each other for points at the end of the season the side with the most points and/or if both sides are tied away they have their own mini Grand Final which we call the AFL INTERLOPERS Cup !!!

The AFL sides are NOT allowed to play in SANFL finals !!!

All the traditional SANFL clubs that are good enough to beat a AFL side will earn THREE premiership points.

After all as some morons have said we would like our players to be all together so we can manage teach and groom them to play to our AFL style game plans.

What do ya all think could we all live in harmony with this scenario ?????????????????
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby matt35 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Yep for the nearly 70 pages of whinging here, talk of boycotts and the death of the SANFL, whilst there are obviously some mixed results due to various team onfield performances, crowds and interest are certainly holding up very nicely. With no sign at this stage of Sturt's early season form dropping off, Norwood seemingly now finding their feet under their new coach and likely to make a run in the second half of the season, and a likely tight race for the finals, I can't see those crowds dropping off at all!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby RB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:27 pm

We're due some wet weather on Saturday afternoons.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Love how you can use 44 games as evidence that everything's dandy Matt.

Force your underused synapses five years into the future and you'll see an irrelevant competition followed by a few half cut diehards and nearly zero kids supporting an SANFL team.

That's why the decision to allow the two alien teams has been so vigorously opposed, in your febrile mind 'whinging', not because crowds may or may not have gone up this year.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Mic » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Apart from the odd game, the weather has been very kind so far this season.

It will be more worthwhile comparing later on.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL