"The Scoreboard tells the Truth" with Michael Aish

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Postby Ruck Legend » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Come along and join us for a great men's event as we hear from one of South Australia’s favourite sons Michael Aish as he shares his journey. The silky skilled No.8 had a wonderful career where he played 307 games for Norwood with 3 years as captain. In 1981 he won the Magarey Medal at the young age of 20. He also represented South Australia in 14 matches – twice as captain. The two time All-Australian was also inducted into the SANFL Hall of Fame in 2002. This is a night not to be missed as Michael shares his journey with us including a time for Q&A.

Date - Monday May 5th at 7:30pm
Venue - Hallett Cove Baptist Church
Entry - Gold Coin Donation with all proceeds going towards Children's Cancer.
Any questions please contact the church on 8322 6469.
Ruck Legend
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: "The Scoreboard tells the Truth" with Michael Aish

Postby GWW » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Fantastic player, from a a classic era of SANFL footy.

I hope his health problems are all behind him now.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:46 pm

One of the greats, glad to see he currently has the all clear over cancer. Could listen to him for hours, should be a great show.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Ruck Legend wrote:Come along and join us for a great men's event as we hear from one of South Australia’s favourite sons Michael Aish as he shares his journey. The silky skilled No.8 had a wonderful career where he played 307 games for Norwood with 3 years as captain. In 1981 he won the Magarey Medal at the young age of 20. He also represented South Australia in 14 matches – twice as captain. The two time All-Australian was also inducted into the SANFL Hall of Fame in 2002. This is a night not to be missed as Michael shares his journey with us including a time for Q&A.

I'm guessing this will be mainly about God and Jesus etc?
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby dedja » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Amen Brother ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:27 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Ruck Legend wrote:Come along and join us for a great men's event as we hear from one of South Australia’s favourite sons Michael Aish as he shares his journey. The silky skilled No.8 had a wonderful career where he played 307 games for Norwood with 3 years as captain. In 1981 he won the Magarey Medal at the young age of 20. He also represented South Australia in 14 matches – twice as captain. The two time All-Australian was also inducted into the SANFL Hall of Fame in 2002. This is a night not to be missed as Michael shares his journey with us including a time for Q&A.

I'm guessing this will be mainly about God and Jesus etc?

*EDIT*

With all due respect, of course.

It's good to hear he has overcome a major hurdle, I deal with him through work ( I'd imagine plenty of people do ) and a nicer bloke you won't meet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Ruck Legend » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:23 am

Only two weeks to go to this amazing night

Come along and join us for a great men's event as we hear from one of South Australia’s favourite sons Michael Aish as he shares his journey. The silky skilled No.8 had a wonderful career where he played 307 games for Norwood with 3 years as captain. In 1981 he won the Magarey Medal at the young age of 20. He also represented South Australia in 14 matches – twice as captain. The two time All-Australian was also inducted into the SANFL Hall of Fame in 2002. This is a night not to be missed as Michael shares his journey with us including a time for Q&A.

Ruck Legend
Rookie

Postby SDK » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 am

I think more likely Michael trying to give something back and make people aware of cancer at the same time raising money.
It says question and answer so I suppose his answers will be based on the questions he gets.
Looks like you have been smoking that stuff again Sleeping Giant to make a stupid statement like that when a man is doing a public service for a good cause.
SDK
League - Best 21

Been liked: 51 times

Postby Ruck Legend » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:34 pm

SDK wrote:I think more likely Michael trying to give something back and make people aware of cancer at the same time raising money.
It says question and answer so I suppose his answers will be based on the questions he gets.
Looks like you have been smoking that stuff again Sleeping Giant to make a stupid statement like that when a man is doing a public service for a good cause.

Thank you for support SDK, I really appreciate it. It should be a great night and Michael Aish is a true gentleman. I hope you can come on the night perhaps to hear him. Take Care
Ruck Legend
Rookie

Postby Ronnie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Never heard anything bad said about Aish. Whether he uses a Christian context for his message or not i don't know, but i'm sure the believe in nothing brigade will cope regardless.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Board index   Football  SANFL