Clubs in strife

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Clubs in strife

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:03 pm

X Runna wrote:
jo172 wrote:Also, since there's ROund 1 happening tomorrow, have we had any resolution on the club's sagas?

Are Flinders Uni, Mitchell Park, Kilburn, Angle Vale and Brahma anticipating fielding 2 teams tomorrow?

Have just noticed both Mitchell Park & Kilburn have named only 10 players each on Sporting Pulse :(

Don't stress about reading too much into that in Round 1. Just means that clearances/new registrations haven't cleared their way through the sportingpulse system yet
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Boosh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:05 pm

The Ash Man wrote:From what I'm reading Portland could be in more trouble than Ned Kelly ;)

Hey?
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Footy Smart wrote:I know IF have worked very hard trying to get the 15s up, alot of phone calls. But as the 2 best players from the side have gone to Broadview I believe alot of players have also left and or stopped playing. Sad really

Yeah but on the flip side, IF have 18's again this year, and are building other junior sides nicely. AUSKICK on Sat mornings is a success as well.

The club has come along way with juniors considering they had pretty much none not too long ago!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:I know IF have worked very hard trying to get the 15s up, alot of phone calls. But as the 2 best players from the side have gone to Broadview I believe alot of players have also left and or stopped playing. Sad really

Yeah but on the flip side, IF have 18's again this year, and are building other junior sides nicely. AUSKICK on Sat mornings is a success as well.

The club has come along way with juniors considering they had pretty much none not too long ago!

Yep thats good to hear. Its sad that the 2 players from the U15s have left as they are very good players and would have hopefully been good senior players for you in the future.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Boosh wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:From what I'm reading Portland could be in more trouble than Ned Kelly ;)

Hey?

New recruit
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
Boosh wrote:

Hey?

New recruit

Ned Kelly, cleared from the Balranald Bushrangers?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Yank Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:42 pm

jo172 wrote:
X Runna wrote:
jo172 wrote:Also, since there's ROund 1 happening tomorrow, have we had any resolution on the club's sagas?

Are Flinders Uni, Mitchell Park, Kilburn, Angle Vale and Brahma anticipating fielding 2 teams tomorrow?

Have just noticed both Mitchell Park & Kilburn have named only 10 players each on Sporting Pulse :(

Don't stress about reading too much into that in Round 1. Just means that clearances/new registrations haven't cleared their way through the sportingpulse system yet

Should be more than enough, cos our opponent hasn't named any. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 318 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby bennymacca » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:50 pm

interesting discussion, dont know much about the metro footy being from the barossa area, but it was very interesting. Coming from Freeling i can sympathise with the struggles of clubs that dont have many numbers (though i dont play footy anymore so im not sure how it is now)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Yank Man » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Kilburn by 50 plus, Brahma by 30 plus, Mitchell Pk by 20 plus, Flinders Uni by 20 plus and Angle Vale by 30 plus. Not a good look in my opinion. Good luck to the clubs for giving it a go but you just wonder what it's going to be like come winter and injuries kick in. :(
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby old farmer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No 15's eh? Just blame Mawson Lakes ;) :lol:

L-) WTF.....Makes less sense than Robb Stark's comment... :roll:
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Im sure anyone who's actually read the last couple of pages would probably get it.

No need to be nasty
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby old farmer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Mawson Lakes don't have juniors so didn't understand your comment. Hadn't read Roosters crap 5 or 6 pages back. Anyway, why would we blame ML, we're heaps further away than Pooraka.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Yank Man wrote:Kilburn by 50 plus, Brahma by 30 plus, Mitchell Pk by 20 plus, Flinders Uni by 20 plus and Angle Vale by 30 plus. Not a good look in my opinion. Good luck to the clubs for giving it a go but you just wonder what it's going to be like come winter and injuries kick in. :(

forgive my ignorance, but how can this happen in a league with so many divisions?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Kilburn by 50 plus, Brahma by 30 plus, Mitchell Pk by 20 plus, Flinders Uni by 20 plus and Angle Vale by 30 plus. Not a good look in my opinion. Good luck to the clubs for giving it a go but you just wonder what it's going to be like come winter and injuries kick in. :(

forgive my ignorance, but how can this happen in a league with so many divisions?

It doesn't usually.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby X Runna » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:10 pm

The rot hasn't stopped yet, my bet is there will be another club in the Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Brahma Lodge mould by the end of the week.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:14 pm

X Runna wrote:The rot hasn't stopped yet, my bet is there will be another club in the Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Brahma Lodge mould by the end of the week.

X, why not just name the club?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:16 pm

X Runna wrote:The rot hasn't stopped yet, my bet is there will be another club in the Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Brahma Lodge mould by the end of the week.

Errrr? Wingfieild, Angle Vale, North Pines, surely that's it for now X Runna. Shed some light. :lol:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby X Runna » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Suri wrote:

It's only my opinion from what I have seen, I could be way off the mark but I doubt it. Let's just say it won't be the Southern Eucalypts
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:21 pm

X Runna wrote:
Suri wrote:

It's only my opinion from what I have seen, I could be way off the mark but I doubt it. Let's just say it won't be the Southern Eucalypts

But there isn't any Southern Eucalypts in the comp. :roll:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Errrr? Wingfieild, Angle Vale, North Pines, surely that's it for now X Runna. Shed some light. :lol:

North Pines must have won x-lotto on the weekend, some big clearances in today.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League