Clubs in strife

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Clubs in strife

Postby beeroclock » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:35 pm

morell wrote:
morell wrote:Also of note: there is a moderate but distinct correlation (~ -0.3) between the numbers of players with a 5km radius of a club and their division.

Meaning, loosely, the more players you have within a 5km radius of your club, the higher the likelihood your division will be higher.

Correlation <> Causation

Data:

GAF.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:As Beef as pointed out you've definitely missed us. Brilliant analyzing though mate.
You are there, but you're under the Pt Districts dot - there are actually two dots there which is why it missed my QA!

This happened a couple of times, in that there were two locations for the one club on the SAAFL website - I think if juniors or other teams play at different grounds - SHOC for example. It was usually obvious which location was the one for the A Grade but for you guys I missed it.

It would make a very, very minor difference to the overall pattern though.

Mr Beefy wrote:I think it must districts missing only 9 data points for div 1 on the latest chart but then again uni is excluded
No, they're both there, just at the same point. Div 1 has 9 because as you correctly put it, Adelaide Uni were removed.

Pag wrote:Awesome work morell, think you missed Salisbury West and North Pines too mate but a top effort. Definitely an interesting look.
Nope, theyre both there, under the big Salisbury label. You can see their catchments in the third map.

Jetters wrote:Looking at the data div 7 as a group appears to be an outlier, is there any correlation if you removed it?
-0.14. Still a pattern, but much less so, and perhaps not statistically significant.

But that is besides the point, you cannot remove entire sections of your sample size like that, it defeats the purpose of the analysis. Perhaps its just that the teams in D7 are there at least partly because of the lack of local playing age stock.

jo172 wrote:It would also be interesting to see it without the Old Colls sides as in some cases their Oval is no where near their school (Old Iggies). Also, the "catchment" for elite colleges such as PAC and SPOC is more a matter of family blood allegiance rather than geographical catchment.
Agree and I might just do that!

And thanks for the positive feedback guys! :)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:59 am

i see the under 15s TTG white team and TTG Red team played a half each against Hope Valley Blue team

TTG white team scored 2 points vs 8.11 by hope valley

then in the second half Hope Valley score 1 point to the TTG red 17 goals

this is the best example of why clubs should only have 1 team in each grade
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:01 am

Robb_Stark wrote:this is the best example of why clubs should only have 1 team in each grade

Na is just a good example of the difference between the different divisions.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:05 am

Robb_Stark wrote:i see the under 15s TTG white team and TTG Red team played a half each against Hope Valley Blue team

TTG white team scored 2 points vs 8.11 by hope valley

then in the second half Hope Valley score 1 point to the TTG red 17 goals

this is the best example of why clubs should only have 1 team in each grade

Can you elaborate on why, particularly with reference to Phantom's post?

This looks to me like the exact reason for White and Red teams.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 am

Also, since there's ROund 1 happening tomorrow, have we had any resolution on the club's sagas?

Are Flinders Uni, Mitchell Park, Kilburn, Angle Vale and Brahma anticipating fielding 2 teams tomorrow?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby beef » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:08 am

Told by our footy director last night, Kilburn are only having one team all year.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:32 am

Kilburn have only named 10 players in that 1 team
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:34 am

Mr Beefy wrote:Kilburn have only named 10 players in that 1 team

That's plenty 8) :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:34 am

jo172 wrote:Also, since there's ROund 1 happening tomorrow, have we had any resolution on the club's sagas?

Are Flinders Uni, Mitchell Park, Kilburn, Angle Vale and Brahma anticipating fielding 2 teams tomorrow?

Mitchell Park are playing with 1 team in Div 6, Flinders University have 1 team as well and are playing Div 6 reserves. At least clubs get 2 games all year.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:42 am

Yank Man wrote:
jo172 wrote:Also, since there's ROund 1 happening tomorrow, have we had any resolution on the club's sagas?

Mitchell Park are playing with 1 team in Div 6, Flinders University have 1 team as well and are playing Div 6 reserves. At least clubs get 2 games all year.

Good solution for the structural integrity of Div 6 and a good way for your two clubs to keep operating =D>

Are you going through with the talk of swapping players amongst yourselves or just operating as independent clubs?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:17 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:this is the best example of why clubs should only have 1 team in each grade

no it is not TTG just pillage quality from other clubs and put it into a the best team and the shit goes to the white division one team will win most of the games while the other team will struggle to win 1 game

P.G maybe go back to ingle farm and start up a under 15s side cause at the moment you will not have one this year
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:20 am

Robb_Stark wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

no it is not TTG just pillage quality from other clubs and put it into a the best team and the shit goes to the white division one team will win most of the games while the other team will struggle to win 1 game

P.G maybe go back to ingle farm and start up a under 15s side cause at the moment you will not have one this year

Last year their White Grade Team in the Under 13s made the Grand Final in the White Division. I would suspect most white grade teams TTG fields would be competitive if not strong?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:23 am

I should add I think Red/Blue/White divisions are fantastic for junior football. When you have lesser able kids playing in the same sides as Guns they inevitably won't get a kick. Having a bunch of developing kids all playing together at a level where they're competitive is much better for those kids on an individual basis then if we were to spread the Under 15 talent evenly amongst all clubs in some kind of draft format.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:29 am

Robb_Stark wrote:no it is not TTG just pillage quality from other clubs and put it into a the best team and the shit goes to the white division one team will win most of the games while the other team will struggle to win 1 game

Good clubs attract good people, TTG are fortunate enough to be a good club that operates well. Of course the best of their players go into the Red div and the rest into white, that's just common sense.

Not sure what having a swipe at Ingle Farm and their lack of 15s has to do with this, not like TTG walked into the farm and took the boys :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:30 am

Robb_Stark wrote:P.G maybe go back to ingle farm and start up a under 15s side cause at the moment you will not have one this year

p.s. not sure if you are telling me this or not like you are breaking some unknown news.. in case you've forgotten i'm from Ingle Farm - i'm well aware of what's happening (or not) with the 15s :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:35 am

No 15's eh? Just blame Mawson Lakes ;) :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:55 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:P.G maybe go back to ingle farm and start up a under 15s side cause at the moment you will not have one this year

p.s. not sure if you are telling me this or not like you are breaking some unknown news.. in case you've forgotten i'm from Ingle Farm - i'm well aware of what's happening (or not) with the 15s :roll:

I know IF have worked very hard trying to get the 15s up, alot of phone calls. But as the 2 best players from the side have gone to Broadview I believe alot of players have also left and or stopped playing. Sad really
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:55 am

From what I'm reading Portland could be in more trouble than Ned Kelly ;)
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby X Runna » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:58 am

Have just noticed both Mitchell Park & Kilburn have named only 10 players each on Sporting Pulse :(
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League