Clubs in strife

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Clubs in strife

Postby The Informer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:21 am

The Rooster what is your problem with Mawson Lakes?

I have not known of any Pooraka player that has gone to Mawson Lakes, Mawson Lakes was told by the SAAFL that they couldnt claim any St Pauls students as zero point players so the club has nothing to do with St Pauls at all anymore apart from there history.

If your club provided a envoirement that players want to go to then you wouldnt have a problem about other clubs.

I would think that Para Hills would be closer to Mawson Lakes than you blokes?

I really dont understand your argument apart from you thinking that Pooraka should have a exculsion zone around your ground for new teams or where players can go.

Go out and smell the roses pal, life isnt that bad.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 am

when they changed to mawson lakes football club it draws alot more people to it now rather then st pauls
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:01 am

The Rooster wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
The Rooster wrote:Why Correct me??
:roll: :roll:
They weren't around before!! there was no Mawson Lakes football club!! St Pauls old scholars may have started them off but they are at Mawson Lakes called Mawson Lakes Fc!!

They didn't start, they moved to a new location with a new name...????? WTF???

cos your wrong...that's why!

if a person changes their name and moves house...does it mean they're a new person? apparently by your logic..

Are you for real??

Is it common for football clubs to move location?? Probably not because most clubs are based within a suburb, so Old scholars can just "move" across the road from existing clubs and call themselves something different that is the truth of it!!

My point is that this has happened right within our recruiting area and our depth is suffering as a result.
Perhaps instead of trolling people and trying to act like some unofficial expert on all things in local football focus on the actual point and how it relates to your original topic, after all it was you who raised this discussion.

No worries, I'll call HQ right now and have them shut down Mawsons, Para Hills, Ingle Farm and Greenacres just for your benefit.

Telling you you're wrong isn't trolling but you're claims of Mawson Lakes being the sole reason you can't recruit is a bit OTT, don't you think?

So you're seriously saying that EVERY single person that's gone to Mawsons since they moved there wouldv'e gone to Pooraka if they didn't exist?

=))
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2147 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:06 am

The Rooster wrote:Is it common for football clubs to move location?? Probably not because most clubs are based within a suburb, so Old scholars can just "move" across the road from existing clubs and call themselves something different that is the truth of it!!

They're hardly across the road.. :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Rooster » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:15 am

The_Informer wrote:The Rooster what is your problem with Mawson Lakes?

I have not known of any Pooraka player that has gone to Mawson Lakes, Mawson Lakes was told by the SAAFL that they couldnt claim any St Pauls students as zero point players so the club has nothing to do with St Pauls at all anymore apart from there history.

If your club provided a envoirement that players want to go to then you wouldnt have a problem about other clubs.

I really dont understand your argument apart from you thinking that Pooraka should have a exculsion zone around your ground for new teams or where players can go.

1) I have no problem besides the point I've raised twice now.
2) Players leaving our club was never discussed and isn't an issue..?
3) refer #2
4) Pooraka is on the eastern side of main north road, Mawson Lakes is on the western side...So err...No check google maps.
5) Really? As I think I've been pretty clear twice now the topic was "clubs in strife" and how this happens, I've been honest and expressed some difficulties we are facing in terms of recruiting new players from the area.
6) Yes, thanks mate, what club are you from again?
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby The Rooster » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:16 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The Rooster wrote:Is it common for football clubs to move location?? Probably not because most clubs are based within a suburb, so Old scholars can just "move" across the road from existing clubs and call themselves something different that is the truth of it!!

They're hardly across the road.. :?

sigh yes mate, the main north road!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Postby The Rooster » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:29 am

Footy Chick wrote:
The Rooster wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
The Rooster wrote:Why Correct me??
:roll: :roll:
They weren't around before!! there was no Mawson Lakes football club!! St Pauls old scholars may have started them off but they are at Mawson Lakes called Mawson Lakes Fc!!

They didn't start, they moved to a new location with a new name...????? WTF???

cos your wrong...that's why!

if a person changes their name and moves house...does it mean they're a new person? apparently by your logic..

Are you for real??

Is it common for football clubs to move location?? Probably not because most clubs are based within a suburb, so Old scholars can just "move" across the road from existing clubs and call themselves something different that is the truth of it!!

My point is that this has happened right within our recruiting area and our depth is suffering as a result.
Perhaps instead of trolling people and trying to act like some unofficial expert on all things in local football focus on the actual point and how it relates to your original topic, after all it was you who raised this discussion.

No worries, I'll call HQ right now and have them shut down Mawsons, Para Hills, Ingle Farm and Greenacres just for your benefit.

Telling you you're wrong isn't trolling but you're claims of Mawson Lakes being the sole reason you can't recruit is a bit OTT, don't you think?

So you're seriously saying that EVERY single person that's gone to Mawsons since they moved there wouldv'e gone to Pooraka if they didn't exist?

=))

Okay if you have any power at all I might believe you could do that, but A) i was never asking for this to happen and B) you won't be able to shut down these clubs from behind your computer. We have co-existed with Ingle Farm, Greenacres and PH for years and years. All I've said is that another club has migrated into close proximity which has had in impact on our club!

When was it ever suggested that they are the sole reason we can't recruit because that simply isn't true, It is however a challenge for our junior sides and the depth in our seniors.

And No i'm not saying that nor have I even suggested that players at Mawson lakes would be at Pooraka if they weren't there, Wow? Can I encourage you to go back to my initial post about ML? Also again you raised this topic and posed the question as to why clubs struggle yet seem unable to accept some peoples REAL concerns.
The Rooster
Under 18s

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:35 am

Greenacres dead no juniors
gepps cross numbers are down
ingle farm numbers down
pooraka numbers down
para hills numbers down
mawson lakes numbers up

mawson lakes numbers are up because they only starting out in juniors but for pooraka and mawson lakes to survive long term a merge would be better rather then them fight it out each year for the same kids

also my parents live in montague farm i can walk to mawson lakes oval 5 minutes compared to pooraka 6 minutes

i live in mawson lakes i could easily play for mawson lakes my kids probably will cause im to lazy to drive to pooraka lol cause its an extra 4 minute drive blame the lights for that :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:36 am

St Paul's was always in your 'zone'.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Informer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:44 am

Mawson Lakes does not have any juniors at all.
Never have.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:46 am

Competition is good for the consumer.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:47 am

If you think I could do that, you've got serious problems.

Look, all Im trying to say is that you can't blame one club.

It is however a challenge for our junior sides
- they don't even have juniors yet, not sure why you've even mentioned that.

I realise this is your take on why clubs are closing - and I understand that this is your story as far as Pooraka's take on it and I suggested it in my original post...too many clubs within spitting distance. With less and less people actually playing footy anymore and the lure of the $$, some clubs will find it hard to recruit.

By why you'd think a team that has been in D6/7 directly effects the recruitment of a team in D3/4 is beyond me,

Is someone from Mawsons or Pooraka able to tell me exactly how many footballers they've recruited from Pooraka since they've moved? I'd be interested to know the exact figures.

and then compare this with the other clubs directly around them?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 am

AND then

You've got a club like Gepps Cross, which has a fantastic sports club with Pokies and an amazing undercover area to watch from the rain and all sorts of other fun stuff.

So if you're a parent, which is going to appeal more to you? But everyone's different I guess.

ALthough based on that logic - Greenacres should have the best juniors in the area :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:53 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Greenacres dead no juniors
gepps cross numbers are down
ingle farm numbers down
pooraka numbers down
para hills numbers down
mawson lakes numbers up

Dont know where you are getting your info from but Ingle Farm appears as strong as ever and this season have an under 18's side again + the womens side in Div 1
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 am

FWIW:

From Pooraka to:
Ingle Farm: 2.2km
Mawson Lakes 2.7km
Para Hills 3.4km
Greenacres 3.4km
Gepps Cross 3.9km
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 am

The_Informer wrote:Mawson Lakes does not have any juniors at all.
Never have.

they either have this year or are working on it for next year
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Cohiba » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 am

The Rooster wrote:
The_Informer wrote:The Rooster what is your problem with Mawson Lakes?

1) I have no problem besides the point I've raised twice now.
2) Players leaving our club was never discussed and isn't an issue..?
3) refer #2
4) Pooraka is on the eastern side of main north road, Mawson Lakes is on the western side...So err...No check google maps.
5) Really? As I think I've been pretty clear twice now the topic was "clubs in strife" and how this happens, I've been honest and expressed some difficulties we are facing in terms of recruiting new players from the area.
6) Yes, thanks mate, what club are you from again?

A persons right to choose.....to play, to not play, to play wherever within SAAFL. Luckily we can still do that here....... :) If a club is more proactive than yours in a competitive market....sometimes means you have to work harder....not easy but then who said it is...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 am

Robb_Stark wrote:
Never have.

Oh heaven forbid a club try and build juniors.. :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 am

Robb_Stark wrote:
Never have.

No they don't mate and probably won't next year either.

lol quite a funny debate this though…I won't mention the amount of phone calls I got from parents over the past 5 years looking for a good jnr club in the area and me sending them to Pooraka ;) Might tell the new Coach Para Hills is closer now.
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 am

Robb_Stark wrote:
Never have.

I know you are going to know more about Mawson Lakes than myself but Mawson Lakes has no juniors this season or the resources to have any next season.

I find this so funny that a club is blamming another because they are in the area as there reason they cannot recuirt!
The Informer
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League