Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:Gotta laugh at all the Crow haters hating them even more now because they have reserves in the SANFL (and calling it karma when a crows player gets injured), when the AFL club they support had reserves teams playing in their state league first. Maybe Crows & Power reserves in the SANFL is the karma bus biting THEM on the ass. Toot, Toot.

Pretty sure that if Hawthorn, Essendon, Carlton, Sydney etc didn't do the wrong thing by the VFL in 2000 & kept their reserves in their own comp (VSFL as it was called), the Crows (and Power) would have had their reserves side playing against other AFL reserves sides & not done the wrong thing by the SANFL.

What happens in the VFL is not my concern, only worried about what happens in the SANFL, hopefully the cowardly clubs that voted yes have a good hard look at themselves and all clubs stick together and kick these imposters out next year
And FWIW the remaining stand alone clubs in the VFL are seriously looking at abandoning the comp and either going to the VFA or starting a new comp. That will leave the VFL as an AFL reserves comp only
VFA? Whats that?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:Gotta laugh at all the Crow haters hating them even more now because they have reserves in the SANFL (and calling it karma when a crows player gets injured), when the AFL club they support had reserves teams playing in their state league first. Maybe Crows & Power reserves in the SANFL is the karma bus biting THEM on the ass. Toot, Toot.

Pretty sure that if Hawthorn, Essendon, Carlton, Sydney etc didn't do the wrong thing by the VFL in 2000 & kept their reserves in their own comp (VSFL as it was called), the Crows (and Power) would have had their reserves side playing against other AFL reserves sides & not done the wrong thing by the SANFL.

What happens in the VFL is not my concern, only worried about what happens in the SANFL, hopefully the cowardly clubs that voted yes have a good hard look at themselves and all clubs stick together and kick these imposters out next year
And FWIW the remaining stand alone clubs in the VFL are seriously looking at abandoning the comp and either going to the VFA or starting a new comp. That will leave the VFL as an AFL reserves comp only
VFA? Whats that?

To keep it simple when the AFL was still the VFL back in the day the VFA was the next tier down. When the VFL changed to the AFL the VFA become the VFL. Some talk of the stand alone clubs like Frankston and Bendigo pulling out of the VFL and re-forming the VFA, other aligned clubs are looking at breaking away from their AFL counterparts and following suit
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Hey Cracka, I'm surprised with your astounding knowledge of all things AFL considering you have only been following it for 3 years.
Must have a brain like a sponge ;)

In Jim's defence im pretty sure the words Karma and Jobe were written in many sentences last season

I thought the Crows came in in 91 when I first started supporting them, which if you can read I did write that, IMO the AFL started that year when the Crows joined. Prior to that in the VFL I supported Hawthorn for a bit because Rick Davies played there for a year & then supported Carlton because of Peter Motley, obviously the Sturt link.

Again, if you can read I did apologise to Jim.

Give me a call if you want to discuss this further.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

VFA? Whats that?

To keep it simple when the AFL was still the VFL back in the day the VFA was the next tier down. When the VFL changed to the AFL the VFA become the VFL. Some talk of the stand alone clubs like Frankston and Bendigo pulling out of the VFL and re-forming the VFA, other aligned clubs are looking at breaking away from their AFL counterparts and following suit
I know what is was but the way you worded it, it was as if its still around. If they did move on then there is a nucleus of an AFL reserves
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Crows 2014

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="cracka"]Gotta laugh at all the Crow haters hating them even more now because they have reserves in the SANFL (and calling it karma when a crows player gets injured), when the AFL club they support had reserves teams playing in their state league first. Maybe Crows & Power reserves in the SANFL is the karma bus biting THEM on the ass. Toot, Toot.

VFA? Whats that?

I know what is was but the way you worded it, it was as if its still around. If they did move on then there is a nucleus of an AFL reserves[/quote]

Not sure if the VFA still exists
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:VFA? Whats that?

The VFL changed its name to the AFL in 1990 & the VFA changed its name to the VFL in 95 & then it was in 2000 that the VFSL (AFL reserves sides) joined the VFL (then non AFL sides). All AFL reserves sides merged with then VFL clubs except Geelong. Some AFL reserves sides have stayed merged with non AFL teams (Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Carlton & St Kilda), some AFL reserves teams (Essendon, Collingwood, Bulldogs & Richmond) went to stand alone reserves sides like Geelong & some VFL sides went back on their own feet (Bendigo, Coburg, Frankston, Port Melbourne & Williamstown).
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Sh1t, talk about getting off topic. Sorry guys.
cracka
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:20 pm

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:I reckon you would have reacted exactly how Bennymacca reacted. I suppose we'll never know, as of course NOW you wont react like that, just to prove a point.

Nah I reckon several people had a crack when Jobe broke his collarbone. Its all good, hear plenty worse at the games

Fair enough. I apologise. Crows supporters are sooks, I used to be one but stopped going to their games because their supporters gave me the shi1ts. I still do barrack for them a bit tho.

Crowd behaviour at games should have its own thread.

No surprise there

P.S my post about your 3 years of support was written and posted at the same time that the above post was made, if you could read ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:28 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:I reckon you would have reacted exactly how Bennymacca reacted. I suppose we'll never know, as of course NOW you wont react like that, just to prove a point.

Nah I reckon several people had a crack when Jobe broke his collarbone. Its all good, hear plenty worse at the games

Fair enough. I apologise. Crows supporters are sooks, I used to be one but stopped going to their games because their supporters gave me the shi1ts. I still do barrack for them a bit tho.

Crowd behaviour at games should have its own thread.

No surprise there

P.S my post about your 3 years of support was written and posted at the same time that the above post was made, if you could read ;)

Of course there's no surprise about my previous Crows support (it actually was on my avatar for a while), I've been defending them just like you do Hawthorn & Jim does Essendon.

Actually it was a minute after so obviously I can read but at the moment when I post something & someone else has posted on the same subject a minute before its not telling me so if its happening to you as well I can see how the mix up occurred. Having said that you did have 42 minutes to correct things.
cracka
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:33 pm

My apologies, I didnt realize there was a time limit to correct things.
For future reference what is it exactly? 2,5,10 minutes?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 pm

daysofourlives wrote:My apologies, I didnt realize there was a time limit to correct things.

No time limit as such, but when I've done or said something wrong I apologise, not in a sarcastic way tho. But hey that's just me.

PS you started the time issue
Last edited by cracka on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cracka
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:40 pm

cracka wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:My apologies, I didnt realize there was a time limit to correct things.

No time limit as such, but when I've done or said something wrong I apologise, not in a sarcastic way tho. But hey that's just me.

Oh good, at least we know your sarcasm meter is functioning ;)
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
In Jim's defence im pretty sure the words Karma and Jobe were written in many sentences last season

Went through the Essendon thread & I couldn't find a mention of Jobe's shoulder injury or karma in the same sentence. Only time he was mentioned was when he confessed to the injections.
cracka
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 pm

It was this time last year,Crows members we're complaining their membership package excluded Grand Final tickets, and they were going to have to buy tickets early and book flights
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby tigerhutch » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 am

helicopterking wrote:It was this time last year,Crows members we're complaining their membership package excluded Grand Final tickets, and they were going to have to buy tickets early and book flights

ho hum :roll:
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:37 pm

helicopterking wrote:It was this time last year,Crows members we're complaining their membership package excluded Grand Final tickets, and they were going to have to buy tickets early and book flights

It was this time last year that West Coast Eagles were nearly everyone's Premiership tip.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:39 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

It was this time last year that West Coast Eagles were nearly everyone's Premiership tip.

regards,

REB

Let's try keep it on topic
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Squids » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:27 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

That would be unusual for us.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:45 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Ha ha. Sorry Helly. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby cennals05 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Crows wearing the state guernsey for their first game at Adelaide Oval. Even more reason to dislike them.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL