SAAFL Division 8 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the Division 8 Grand FInal?

Blackwood
26%
Golden Grove
24%
Hope Valley
9%
North Haven
6%
Old Ignatians
No votes
Prince Alfred OC
12%
Payneham-Norwood Union
12%
Salisbury
3%
Tea Tree Gully
6%
Wingfield Royals
3%

Total votes : 34

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

by Footy Chick » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:25 pm

that video wasn't our league Cracka
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

by cracka » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:that video wasn't our league Cracka

Yeah I know. Its on a facebook site but I cant remember the name. I was more going by the recolections of people about past GF's on here.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

by Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:46 pm

i remember a G.F it was pooraka vs seaton at norwood huge fight in the crowd
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

by Animus » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:09 pm

cracka wrote:Far out. Is that sort of stuff the norm in the lower grades of SAAFL. In my 30 odd years of hills footy I've only just witnessed (2 weekends ago) a headbutt from a S/C footballer, which is the worst thing I've actually seen on a footy field. Have heard of some shocking things in our country div (old div 2) but never witnessed anything over the top like that footage. What SAAFL div & teams would be the most likely to punch on like that, so I can venture down for a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQN2-H2NqfQ

Weren't at that game cracka?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

by Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Animus wrote:
cracka wrote:Far out. Is that sort of stuff the norm in the lower grades of SAAFL. In my 30 odd years of hills footy I've only just witnessed (2 weekends ago) a headbutt from a S/C footballer, which is the worst thing I've actually seen on a footy field. Have heard of some shocking things in our country div (old div 2) but never witnessed anything over the top like that footage. What SAAFL div & teams would be the most likely to punch on like that, so I can venture down for a look.

34 is a dirty prick
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

by wristwatcher » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:13 pm

What game is that dog act from??
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

by jo172 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 pm

wristwatcher wrote:What game is that dog act from??

Looks like Onkaparinga v Blackwood from the gurnseys.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

by cracka » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Animus wrote:

I cant view that on my phone but I'm guessing that is Ben Woolfords king hit on a Blackwood player, who are all saints & dont do anything like that. No I wasn't at that game, was still involved with modis at that stage. Yes that was a disgraceful dog act. Have copped a few of those myself, funnily enough only from div 2 sides who came up to div 1 for a couple of seasons but tried to play the thug footy & got nowhere.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

by Blackwhite » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Looking forward to getting out to watch our C & D grade this weekend since our A's and B' have a bye. Should be a good day out at falconland.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

by Haynzy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:37 pm

The Finals in Div 8 are going to be great this year. Bloody hard to pick....

top 3 teams have all played twice and beaten each other once with Blackwood and Payneham both able to beat anyone on their day.

Golden Grove would have to be the favourite at the moment, having a strong second half to the season knocking off both TTG and PAOC.

Who said Div8 footy isn't exciting!!!
Haynzy
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

by marbles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Haynzy wrote:The Finals in Div 8 are going to be great this year. Bloody hard to pick....

top 3 teams have all played twice and beaten each other once with Blackwood and Payneham both able to beat anyone on their day.

Golden Grove would have to be the favourite at the moment, having a strong second half to the season knocking off both TTG and PAOC.

exciting & super!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

by marbles » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:07 am

Haynzy wrote:The Finals in Div 8 are going to be great this year. Bloody hard to pick....

whos the big performers in div 8 this year hanzy

are the 2 old boys still playing out at gullies from 2012 (yankmans idol)

is there a div team of year
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

by Haynzy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 am

Not sure if there is a div 8 team of the year...

It's hard to pick in Div 8 because the team sheets tend to change quite a bit from week to week with movements in the higher grades.

Mounty has struggled with injury this year, which is a big loss to us because he would be dominating and Pete Uncle is still going around and killing it at the moment. The average age in the gullies C grade is probably the lowest I've seen it in a long time with the new coaches bringing quite a few from the under 18's to get a taste of senior footy.
Haynzy
Rookie

by morell » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:08 am

Has Dan been playing at all Haynzy?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

by Neverwasgood » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:43 am

I agree. A team of the year would be too hard to pick as there is so many changes each week. At Pnu I would hate to know how many changes we average each week. There certainly is still a lot of talented guys in this grade, it's a big jump from C4.
Neverwasgood

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

by Hefty » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 pm

3 blokes from GG who would be worthy for TOTY would be Tonkin, Spittle & Simmons.

Big game for our C's this wkend against Blackwood. Win this game and top spot would be ours to lose with HV (A) then NH (H) and finish with the bye. No disrespect to HV and NH but on form they are games we should not lose.

PAOC finish with bye, SAL (A), PNU (H), BWD (A)
TTG finish with HV (H), NH (A), BYE, PNU (A)

Our last encounters against both PAOC and TTG have been cracking games with the result only decided in the last 5 mins.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

by Johno6 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Tonkins will go very very close to winning B2B association medals, has been in his usual brilliant form.
Simmons should win the goal kickin, been our best forward all year,
Spittle has only played 3 games or so in C grade but has had 3 blinders and has been massive inclusion for us.

as hefty said, massive game this week for us.
cant wait
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times

by Haynzy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 pm

morell wrote:Has Dan been playing at all Haynzy?

Nah he's gone for the rest of the year with a knee issue. Plans to come back next year though...

Put the two of you in a room together and there wouldn't be one good knee anywhere to be seen :D

Hefty wrote:3 blokes from GG who would be worthy for TOTY would be Tonkin, Spittle & Simmons.

Big game for our C's this wkend against Blackwood. Win this game and top spot would be ours to lose with HV (A) then NH (H) and finish with the bye. No disrespect to HV and NH but on form they are games we should not lose.

PAOC finish with bye, SAL (A), PNU (H), BWD (A)
TTG finish with HV (H), NH (A), BYE, PNU (A)

Our last encounters against both PAOC and TTG have been cracking games with the result only decided in the last 5 mins.

I reckon our biggest concern is Payneham away in the last round. They ran all over us last time we played and could either boost or hurt our confidence leading into finals.

Blackwood vs GG will be a good game as both quite different sides. I think Blackwood struggle a little with the in tight contest but can kill you on the rebound and outside run. GG seem to love the in tight stuff but might be a little slower on the outside.
Weather could be a huge factor....
Haynzy
Rookie

by beef » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Johno6 wrote:Tonkins will go very very close to winning B2B association medals, has been in his usual brilliant form.
Spittle has only played 3 games or so in C grade but has had 3 blinders and has been massive inclusion for us.

cant wait

As he should, not built like a C grader, not an old bloke who is past it and not a bloke who isnt good enough to play another grade
Wouldnt be out of place in your A grade
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

by TEX07 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm

beef wrote:
Johno6 wrote:Tonkins will go very very close to winning B2B association medals, has been in his usual brilliant form.

cant wait

As he should, not built like a C grader, not an old bloke who is past it and not a bloke who isnt good enough to play another grade
Wouldnt be out of place in your A grade

If he was able to train he would be in the A grade, he also works Saturday mornings so limited to playing just the late games so pretty hard to play him even without training in the A grade on just form alone because if he was to get dropped he couldn't play B grade. I would hate to come up against him in the middle!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League