Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

Postby JK » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Suri wrote:
Dutchy wrote: With Norwood able to recruit just two players from outside the club ‘s promotional zone due to penalties for breaching the salary cap, Ross said addressing the midfield was the priority.

FFS, we didn't breach the salary cap, we weren't even close to being over the salary cap.

Yes we did. Didn't exceed the cap, but we breached the policies in place.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Suri wrote:
Harry the Horse wrote:Of course, Norwood HAD a recruiting ban on them for salary cap breaches but the inclusion of the Crows into the competition saw that ban relaxed, allowing them to replace Crows Luke Brown and Mitch Grigg who they were bargaining on playing a lot of football at The Parade next year.
Now, the money question: Which club changed its mind, giving the Crows the numbers they needed to enter said competition again?

The ban wasn't "relaxed". The ban from McGuiness' contract change is still in place, but they are allowed to replace the players they've lost to the Crows and Power. Same as every other club including West and Port - who actually did breach the salary cap

West ban is up now anyway
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Fricky » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:07 pm

JK wrote:
Suri wrote:
Dutchy wrote: With Norwood able to recruit just two players from outside the club ‘s promotional zone due to penalties for breaching the salary cap, Ross said addressing the midfield was the priority.

FFS, we didn't breach the salary cap, we weren't even close to being over the salary cap.

Ok, I'll take that. But when anyone mentions "salary cap breach" everyone jumps straight to a club spending more money than they should have on player payments and dipsh!ts keep putting that on Norwood. As you can tell it really gives me the sh!ts since we didn't exceed the cap at all :evil: .
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Suri wrote:
JK wrote:
Suri wrote:

Ok, I'll take that. But when anyone mentions "salary cap breach" everyone jumps straight to a club spending more money than they should have on player payments and dipsh!ts keep putting that on Norwood. As you can tell it really gives me the sh!ts since we didn't exceed the cap at all :evil: .

But you broke the rules relating to the cap and deserve all crap flung in Norwood's direction IMO
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby JK » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 pm

heater31 wrote:
Suri wrote:

But you broke the rules relating to the cap and deserve all crap flung in Norwood's direction IMO

Yep, a breach is a breach, so we have to wear that
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Fricky » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:16 pm

JK wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Suri wrote:

Agreed. Just make sure its the right crap that's being flung :lol:. None of this "over the salary cap" stuff.

But I guess winning back to back flags means people will find whatever they can to fling at us. Here's hoping for some more crap to be flung at us when we go 3 in a row ;) .
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Doddy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Suri wrote:
JK wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Suri wrote:

Agreed. Just make sure its the right crap that's being flung :lol:. None of this "over the salary cap" stuff.

But I guess winning back to back flags means people will find whatever they can to fling at us. Here's hoping for some more crap to be flung at us when we go 3 in a row ;) .

We can start early if you're keen.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Fricky » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Pretty sure its already started Doddy :D
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Harry the Horse » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Suri wrote:
Harry the Horse wrote:Of course, Norwood HAD a recruiting ban on them for salary cap breaches but the inclusion of the Crows into the competition saw that ban relaxed, allowing them to replace Crows Luke Brown and Mitch Grigg who they were bargaining on playing a lot of football at The Parade next year.
Now, the money question: Which club changed its mind, giving the Crows the numbers they needed to enter said competition again?

The ban wasn't "relaxed". The ban from McGuiness' contract change is still in place, but they are allowed to replace the players they've lost to the Crows and Power. Same as every other club including West and Port - who actually did breach the salary cap

Semantics.
Harry the Horse
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby o five » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Back flips continue at Norwood :oops:
Must say it makes me feel ill seeing the little champion in those colours. :vom:
Oh well if the stories are true about Jimmy and North, I wish him well in his retirement years.
Just be sad not seeing him holding up the cup next year at North. :(
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby o five » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:01 pm

On another note. How many Magarey Medallist have Norwood picked up from other SANFL clubs now?
o five
Under 16s

Postby SDK » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Jars
Tim W
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby o five » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks! They were the only two that I could come up with. Now you can add Allan to the list.
o five
Under 16s

Postby sjt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:49 pm

What a corrupt league we have. Norwood having their penalties lifted is a farce. I hope it hurts north for voting yes.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Trent Plucktrum » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Can't wait to hear from old potsy pullmypud regarding this signing as he's always had such nice things to say about jimmys ability and hard ball gets , but maybe he will get his number sewn onto his moss green sports coat with the matching leather elbow patchs
My Team

The Cocks
Trent Plucktrum
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby SDK » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Norwood had no penalties lifted !
SDK
League - Best 21

Been liked: 51 times

Postby Groucho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:05 pm

It seems the Norwood dictionary doesn't contain a definition for the term "Salary Cap" but has the same definition for the words No & Yes. :)
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby sjt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:52 pm

SDK wrote:Norwood had no penalties lifted !

Oh right. So they had no limit on recruiting from outside their zone? We all know the truth, I choose not to believe " joe speak".
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Long live SAnFL » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Welcome to Norwood James you look much better in red and blue! :-BD
Long live SAnFL
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby jim5112 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Suri wrote:
JK wrote:
Suri wrote:

"salary cap breach". See you in twenty minutes. Do you take the paper with you?
jim5112
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL