SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby On The Chest » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:35 am

Is Brad Taheny the bloke that Rosewater flew back from Darwin to play? Nice lad and good player but far out, surely there is someone else at the club that can fill that role in Div 6 without spending money to fly a player back.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:18 am

Bloke won best and fairest awards in both his years at the club, so there probably is players who could play in his role, but they wouldnt be as good
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby zedman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 am

zedman wrote:
Danky$$ wrote:Whose gonna win the d6 medal. Surely it's out of long from the farmers j Williams from roseys and blackfries ruckman.

Cooper always polls well and wsfc have won lots of games.

well done to coops..classy player and a top bloke as well..spent a winter driving him off and on from ferryden park to st marys for training..level headed and a great footy mind..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:16 am

Obviously medal night is also seen a recruiting night to some clubs too. Shout out to the chain smoking old bloke from Seaton trying to recruit one of our young lads.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby On The Chest » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:13 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Bloke won best and fairest awards in both his years at the club, so there probably is players who could play in his role, but they wouldnt be as good

Thanks for that. Yes, I know he's a good player and won best and fairest awards. I just wanted to confirm that it was him and not someone else. I just can't quite comprehend flying someone back from Darwin in Div 6. All the best this week.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:25 pm

On The Chest wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Bloke won best and fairest awards in both his years at the club, so there probably is players who could play in his role, but they wouldnt be as good

Thanks for that. Yes, I know he's a good player and won best and fairest awards. I just wanted to confirm that it was him and not someone else. I just can't quite comprehend flying someone back from Darwin in Div 6. All the best this week.

Probably because they prefer to be in Div 5..... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:42 am

Will the Grim Reaper claim its third victim tomorrow or will West Croydon buck the trend and stop the Rosewater train in its tracks? Few handy ins at the Kennel will have them confident no doubt, but will WC's run be too much for them? I expect a shoot out with 2 potent forward lines, the team that stops the supply will go a long way to winning the game and promotion to div 5
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Will the Grim Reaper claim its third victim tomorrow or will West Croydon buck the trend and stop the Rosewater train in its tracks? Few handy ins at the Kennel will have them confident no doubt, but will WC's run be too much for them? I expect a shoot out with 2 potent forward lines, the team that stops the supply will go a long way to winning the game and promotion to div 5

Considering Rossies haven't named their team yet I guess you know the few handy ins human torpedo. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby X Runna » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:37 pm

Yank Man wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Will the Grim Reaper claim its third victim tomorrow or will West Croydon buck the trend and stop the Rosewater train in its tracks? Few handy ins at the Kennel will have them confident no doubt, but will WC's run be too much for them? I expect a shoot out with 2 potent forward lines, the team that stops the supply will go a long way to winning the game and promotion to div 5

Considering Rossies haven't named their team yet I guess you know the few handy ins human torpedo. :D

This game will be a cracker. Whoever gets the cleanest entry into the forward line will win.
Last edited by X Runna on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Roaring Lion! » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:42 am

Arch44 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It'd be pretty funny if you didn't pick em in the B's :lol:

Yeah sorry boys we cant win this week, I didn't pick us on the Footy forum :lol:

Just on our Bgrade Saturday was the best win I have been involved in as a coach thus far. To be 40 points down at one stage and 5 goals down at half time to come back was outstanding. Half the side I have at the moment went through last year 0 and 18 in 5reserves and for them to get to the prelim this year is a mighty effort and with the same attitude we haven't stopped yet. OK enough pumping up our tyres. ;)

Good work see as we talked about in the final round that you boys would get the job done over ML & could even beat IF which you have done now for Lockleys which I'm going to tip your boys to win that too as even we got closer to RW in Rd17 than what they did last week ;)
IT'S US AGAINST THEM!!!
Roaring Lion!
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Roaring Lion! » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:54 am

Congrats to Cooper on winning the medal.

Tips

Rosewater to beat West Croydon

&

West Croydon to beat Lockleys

Go the under dogs in both grades
IT'S US AGAINST THEM!!!
Roaring Lion!
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby X Runna » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Rosewater won the A's and Lockleys the B's.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:56 pm

X Runna wrote:Rosewater won the A's and Lockleys the B's.

Just looked at their team and Rossies are 2 players off their best. With A's and B's in the big dance the train from earlier in the season is gunna be super hard to stop. Start worrying Hounds. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Just looked at their team and Rossies are 2 players off their best. With A's and B's in the big dance the train from earlier in the season is gunna be super hard to stop. Start worrying Hounds. :D

Lol. Alot more grand final experience in the hounds team to worry about rosewater.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Yank Man » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:02 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Lol. Alot more grand final experience in the hounds team to worry about rosewater.

Love you boys Hounds. Put us all out of our misery and win this big game and prove that club love beats $$$$$$ every time. The ball is in your court and we are relying on you. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Love you boys Hounds. Put us all out of our misery and win this big game and prove that club love beats $$$$$$ every time. The ball is in your court and we are relying on you. :D :D

Kinda haven't played there for 5 years :lol: I'm sure the timekeepers will be in check this time around :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:53 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

:shock:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2811 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:12 am

carey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

:shock:

A good spread of finals experience in the BOS group mighty but i reckon if there was a finals tally Rosewater may have us covered.

The totals in the end won't matter it will just boil down very simply to staying composed, play the game like they have for the previous 19 weeks and get your hands on the Sherrin more often than your opponent. More goals and points than the opposition should get the job done.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:02 am

wassprinttospace wrote:
A good spread of finals experience in the BOS group mighty but i reckon if there was a finals tally Rosewater may have us covered.

The totals in the end won't matter it will just boil down very simply to staying composed, play the game like they have for the previous 19 weeks and get your hands on the Sherrin more often than your opponent. More goals and points than the opposition should get the job done.

Maybe but I meant GF experience, I'm just judging this on the fact Rosewater haven't played in an A grade GF for a long time. Bos have only missed the finals once in there existence haven't they Sprint? I reckon BOS have the covered in finals experience as well ;)

Where's the GF likely to be? I'll have to bring out my number 63 premiership guernsey for the occasion this week :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:57 am

won't know until Tuesday about lunch time.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League