SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:If all clubs in the SAAFL were to sign a petition against the points system. The SAAFL would have to look into removing it wouldnt they??

What's your motive for removing it? Seem to have a lot of vested interest in this for a supposed retired spectator....

No motive here Phantom. Just a opinion of the matter. I was just reading through some posts and wanted peoples views on the matter. I just think personally that its a waste of time and unfair on clubs trying to attract players to their club. Or to build a premiership winning A grade.

And yes I have given away playing. Played over 220 games mate and Ive decided to step aside.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:No motive here Phantom. Just a opinion of the matter. I was just reading through some posts and wanted peoples views on the matter. I just think personally that its a waste of time and unfair on clubs trying to attract players to their club. Or to build a premiership winning A grade.

And yes I have given away playing. Played over 220 games mate and Ive decided to step aside.

Sorry if i was reading too deep into it, just seemed bit coincidental that the club you were/are affiliated with is supposedly currently having some issues with having too many recruits for their A grade.. ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:No motive here Phantom. Just a opinion of the matter. I was just reading through some posts and wanted peoples views on the matter. I just think personally that its a waste of time and unfair on clubs trying to attract players to their club. Or to build a premiership winning A grade.

Sorry if i was reading too deep into it, just seemed bit coincidental that the club you were/are affiliated with is supposedly currently having some issues with having too many recruits for their A grade.. ;)

To be honest with ya mate. I knew that they have picked up quite a few recruits. But my main argument is towards supporting all clubs both big and small. Think the system isn't fair to either types of clubs. Especially those that are trying to build or establish themselves in the SAAFL.

Ive stepped down from playing at Mawson's but still keep a close eye on how they perform as I have a younger brother playing there still.

How's your numbers going mate? Is the cricket still going on or has it finished?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Cricket has finished finally.. numbers are looking steady.. i guess next Saturday we will all get a clearer indication of how teams have prepared and what they look like.. until then it's just guess work!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Cricket has finished finally.. numbers are looking steady.. i guess next Saturday we will all get a clearer indication of how teams have prepared and what they look like.. until then it's just guess work!

So im guessing thats because you havent personally seen the numbers at training or at the trial games?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Cricket has finished finally.. numbers are looking steady.. i guess next Saturday we will all get a clearer indication of how teams have prepared and what they look like.. until then it's just guess work!

So im guessing thats because you havent personally seen the numbers at training or at the trial games?

Haha, he saw at least a little bit of the second trial. Had about 45-50 on the track last night, and had around 5+ out at cricket for the grades that are still going.
Will be good on Sunday when the footy team kicks the imposters off & gets to use all of our oval!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:58 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:Haha, he saw at least a little bit of the second trial. Had about 45-50 on the track last night, and had around 5+ out at cricket for the grades that are still going.
Will be good on Sunday when the footy team kicks the imposters off & gets to use all of our oval!

I trained too! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:Haha, he saw at least a little bit of the second trial. Had about 45-50 on the track last night, and had around 5+ out at cricket for the grades that are still going.

I trained too! :lol:

Which night? haha
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 pm

That seems to be the averages atm with some clubs. Mawson, Rosewater, West Croydon and Ingle Farm all having consistent numbers leading up to the first round. Must be a game starting very soon. Its in the middle of the year that the consistency that was there at the beginning is still there in the middle of the year.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Its in the middle of the year that the consistency that was there at the beginning is still there in the middle of the year.

:? huh?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Its in the middle of the year that the consistency that was there at the beginning is still there in the middle of the year.

What I meant is that you hope that the consistency of big numbers at training are still there in the middle of the year where many clubs training numbers start to decline ( due to injuries, too cold, work trips, weddings, etc...).
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:What I meant is that you hope that the consistency of big numbers at training are still there in the middle of the year where many clubs training numbers start to decline ( due to injuries, too cold, work trips, weddings, etc...).

Never happens.. always drop off :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Fricky » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

What I meant is that you hope that the consistency of big numbers at training are still there in the middle of the year where many clubs training numbers start to decline ( due to injuries, too cold, work trips, weddings, etc...).

Who the hell gets married in the middle of footy season? :-s
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:What I meant is that you hope that the consistency of big numbers at training are still there in the middle of the year where many clubs training numbers start to decline ( due to injuries, too cold, work trips, weddings, etc...).

Never happens.. always drop off :lol:

I know what you're saying that. I wonder why it happens though exactly every year in the middle of the season. Its weird eh? Up until the last 2 years. I had trained every tuesday and thursday for every year. Not because I liked training but to catch up with mates. But come June / July the numbers just go.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Suri wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Trust me mate it happens. We've had blokes get married and then honeymoon in the middle of the year. Or even book holidays overseas for 3 - 4 weeks. Most of them all played in the A's. I knew that frustrated the coach.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I know what you're saying that. I wonder why it happens though exactly every year in the middle of the season. Its weird eh? Up until the last 2 years. I had trained every tuesday and thursday for every year. Not because I liked training but to catch up with mates. But come June / July the numbers just go.

People find it easier to stay home in the warm and dry, or they have had a long pre season and begin feeling bit over footy, or have cemented their spot in what ever side so working hard on the track drops down as a priority.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Not winning enough can be a factor too.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Arch44 wrote:Not winning enough can be a factor too.

Very true there Arch.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Suri wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

My sister in law :evil: :axe:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:47 pm

What I meant is that you hope that the consistency of big numbers at training are still there in the middle of the year where many clubs training numbers start to decline ( due to injuries, too cold, work trips, weddings, etc...).[/quote]

Who the hell gets married in the middle of footy season? :-s[/quote]

My sister in law :evil: :axe:[/quote]

Ha ha bloody in-laws
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League