Postby the observer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:46 pm

I suppose that applies to McKernan for the crows reserves as well
the observer
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Been Real of course there was no complaints from all the supporters as all the nine SANFL clubs were under the same Salary Cap rules and quite happy with the status quo.

Now we have two AFL clubs with multi million dollar budgets playing AFL reserves teams in the SANFL fantastic isn't it NOT !!!!

Only complaint about salary cap I have is that Norwood sold their souls for two draft picks for a YES vote. The SANFL is corrupt and a joke.

Too many footy followers have been seduced by this AFL reserves crap concept its AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

But the saddest thing of all is some of you Magpie supporters let the real Magpies die and are quite happy with all of this SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 pm

beenreal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
beenreal wrote:
DOC wrote:AFL teams not subject to the SANFL cap of 375K.

100% correct. At $400 per game for the SANFL players the salary cap is much lower

And when John Butcher spends the entire season with the Power reserves he takes up the entire salary cap that other clubs have to work to.
Must be a great player ;)

And he's been a contracted Port Adelaide player for the past 3 years. When you had Colquhoun and Callinan, etc. playing for your mob last year there were no complaints about the Salary cap.

But while we're on contracts, this new Full Forward of yours comes from Port Lincoln, which is still Port Adelaide's zone. I certainly hope the appropriate transfer fee was paid.

You can't guarentee him a league game so the transfer fee was waived
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby RB » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 pm

beenreal wrote:When you had Colquhoun and Callinan, etc. playing for your mob last year there were no complaints about the Salary cap.

Probably because last season, each team had a roughly equal number of AFL players.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:54 pm

beenreal wrote: And he's been a contracted Port Adelaide player for the past 3 years. When you had Colquhoun and Callinan, etc. playing for your mob last year there were no complaints about the Salary cap.

Every team was playing by the same rules then.

beenreal wrote: But while we're on contracts, this new Full Forward of yours comes from Port Lincoln, which is still Port Adelaide's zone. I certainly hope the appropriate transfer fee was paid.

Has it not, do you know something? Or are you just throwing a furphy out there?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:16 pm

robranisgod wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Centrals made it known they were going to recruit heavily for 2014, but seem to have missed out on a lot of players that they targeted. McIntyre might be handy but still too inconsistent even at SANFL level.

Losing Seb, OHara, Hardy, Sibenaler,obst, Nash, Dutschke, Boyd, with 3 of them finishing top 5 in the 2013 B&F and the other the Leading Goalkicker.

Agree 100%

And with Reichert out for 2014 with an ACL injury.

That's 4 of the top 6 in b&f.

North lost 5 of their top 6 in the b&f from 2012 and still managed to play off in the Grand Final in 2013. What I am suggesting is that there is now such a turnover of players that with selective recruiting teams no longer will necessarily drop away when they lose quality.

Agreed that we have lost a fair bit of our strength, but it is false that Dutschke has gone. He is playing on in 2014 and was at training last night.
Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby beenreal » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
beenreal wrote: And he's been a contracted Port Adelaide player for the past 3 years. When you had Colquhoun and Callinan, etc. playing for your mob last year there were no complaints about the Salary cap.

beenreal wrote: But while we're on contracts, this new Full Forward of yours comes from Port Lincoln, which is still Port Adelaide's zone. I certainly hope the appropriate transfer fee was paid.

First of all, the PAFC is playing by the rules dished out to us by the $ANFL which allocates match payments of $400 per game.

And there's no furphy, merely a question about our Zone. Typically of this Forum, there's more than one answer on offer, each contradicting the other.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 pm

beenreal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
beenreal wrote:
DOC wrote:AFL teams not subject to the SANFL cap of 375K.

100% correct. At $400 per game for the SANFL players the salary cap is much lower

And when John Butcher spends the entire season with the Power reserves he takes up the entire salary cap that other clubs have to work to.
Must be a great player ;)

And he's been a contracted Port Adelaide player for the past 3 years. When you had Colquhoun and Callinan, etc. playing for your mob last year there were no complaints about the Salary cap.

But while we're on contracts, this new Full Forward of yours comes from Port Lincoln, which is still Port Adelaide's zone. I certainly hope the appropriate transfer fee was paid.

Your club has let a few go like that.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:18 pm

beenreal wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

First of all, the PAFC is playing by the rules dished out to us by the $ANFL which allocates match payments of $400 per game.

And there's no furphy, merely a question about our Zone. Typically of this Forum, there's more than one answer on offer, each contradicting the other.

Why would you still have a need for a zone?
Dont you lose all your juniors next year?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Jim05 wrote:Why would you still have a need for a zone?

So they can develop players who will eventually end up playing for their direct opponents, of course. Apparently this strengthens community bonds, or some such malarkey. Looking after the community AND the other clubs - such altruism!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:54 am

beenreal wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Yep, the correct answers and your answers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:04 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Been Real of course there was no complaints from all the supporters as all the nine SANFL clubs were under the same Salary Cap rules and quite happy with the status quo.

Now we have two AFL clubs with multi million dollar budgets playing AFL reserves teams in the SANFL fantastic isn't it NOT !!!!

Only complaint about salary cap I have is that Norwood sold their souls for two draft picks for a YES vote. The SANFL is corrupt and a joke.

Too many footy followers have been seduced by this AFL reserves crap concept its AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

But the saddest thing of all is some of you Magpie supporters let the real Magpies die and are quite happy with all of this SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!!

Port haf no vote. The magpie supporters had no voice at all. The Sanfl would ensure the magpies would die anyway after 2014. Call it 91's revenge.

But on a serious note I have only come across 1 magpie supporter ok with this and we all know that peanut.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:33 am

Yeah you are right there quite a few peanuts around lol.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby beenreal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 pm

stan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Been Real of course there was no complaints from all the supporters as all the nine SANFL clubs were under the same Salary Cap rules and quite happy with the status quo.

Port haf no vote. The magpie supporters had no voice at all. The Sanfl would ensure the magpies would die anyway after 2014. Call it 91's revenge.

But on a serious note I have only come across 1 magpie supporter ok with this and we all know that peanut.

That's OK, I know plenty of Port supporters that think Wedgie is a Knob. Doesn't make them right (or wrong for that matter)
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby PhilH » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Just on the zone thing, once a player turns a certain age ... I think 19 ... if they are not on a SANFL club senior list then there is no transfer fee payable to the SANFL club they are zoned to. The transfer is with the suburban / country club he is playing for.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks Phil. I know this applied to us with Ky Miller who was from Port Lincoln.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm

beenreal wrote:
stan wrote:

That's OK, I know plenty of Port supporters that think Wedgie is a Knob. Doesn't make them right (or wrong for that matter)

I'd be concerned if they didn't!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JohnnyG » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:53 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Why would you still have a need for a zone?

So they can develop players who will eventually end up playing for their direct opponents, of course. Apparently this strengthens community bonds, or some such malarkey. Looking after the community AND the other clubs - such altruism!

and we all know that Port altruism is an oxymoron
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby JohnnyG » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:42 pm

[quote="beenreal"

.[/quote]

I think that the strength of the Crows team in the SANFL will be largely determined by the number of injuries in their AFL/SANFL teams since any replacements coming from their top-up players seem to be barely SANFL league standard.

Port Power on the other hand have already shown that they are not going to play by the rules and their "top-up" replacements will have quite a few ready made SANFL league players:
i.e. Steve Summerton, Raikiwasa, Johansen, Kulikowski, Butcher, Biemans?.......
- I'm sure that these guys are playing for only $400 per match ( say all 18 league matches @ $400
= only $7,200 per season) ........ what a joke.
In fact, in Summerton's case they even said that he will receive $400/match for 2 years 2014/2015 but then in his 3rd year in 2016 when he turns 28yo and eligible as their "leadership player", he quote "will receive what should have been his 2014 & 2015 salary". ....... and the SANFL tolerates this :roll:
As for Jake Johansen, he is only 17yo (dob 13/6/96) and not eligible for the AFL draft until 2014 - another breach of the rules whereby players must be over 18.
(AFL/SANFL must have both agreed to it for some reason)

Seems to me that the SANFL has a lot to answer for and it would serve them right if those Port P win the SANFL league premiership resulting in the inevitable complaints from the other clubs.
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trent Plucktrum » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:55 pm

beenreal wrote:
stan wrote:

He's definitely a knob is our Sambo !!!
My Team

The Cocks
Trent Plucktrum
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL