S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:59 pm

moses wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I do think though that a name to watch out for is Zach Hancock - this kid could be the best all rounder in the comp in the not too distant future..

Under your tutorage and guidance I'm sure he'll play for Australia in the not too distant future

You can have your little swipe at me that's fine, but this kid is a natural athlete. 18 years old, solid build and still growing, and reasonably sharp.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Other possible under 21's:

Enfield
Jesse Goodman
Dan Gillard
Shallum Briene

Rose Park
Joey McArlein

Fitzroy
Matt Sandford - Is he playing though?
Adam Spry
Luke Manno
Hayden Gibbs
Brayden Kelly
Mat Halsey

Seaton
Dan Polanski
Alex Pawluk
Jake Beerenfels

Morialta
James Mead
Alex Price
Lauchlan Raffen
Myles Vieratis

Para Vista
Zac Edwards
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:55 pm

dark & stormy wrote:nitske (sorry about spelling) is quickest by far........pidge has good pace but dies quickly after 2 or 3 overs. ...plus when you bowl 90% down leg , hard to work out pace.
also need to teach pidge it is 4 runs when ball goes over boundary lol......

Nitske quickest with Pidge not far behind. His areas this year are much better than in the past mate. And the middle comment is way off.

Gotta say his wind assisted spell on the weekend was pretty sharp and deserved 4 wickets.

Also on the 'four' if Pidge thought it was four he would have called it, he's honest to a fault.

Agreed Sharkey and Nitske the best bowlers but Pidge is catching up.
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby auto » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Other possible under 21's:

Fitzroy
Adam Spry
Luke Manno
Hayden Gibbs
Brayden Kelly
Mat Halsey

Halsey walk up start
Sandford not playing
Adam Spry bowled well in the nets last week, dont know about his first game back though.
Brayden Kelly kept really well in the A's on the weekend and along with Lachie C and Phillips are all capable but theyre only 15.
Gibbs no
Manno possibility
dont think there are any others but will check.
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times

Postby FitzroyCC » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Fitzroy
Adam Spry
Luke Manno
Hayden Gibbs
Brayden Kelly
Mat Halsey

Matt Sandford is playing out at Prospect, so can rule him out.
Mat Hasley does not train because of work and plays in our B's but I faced him last season when playing for Western 11 and he would have to be a contender for quickest in the comp. Would be great for the side but work might be an issue.
Adam Spry played his first game back on Saturday and could push for selection with a few more games under his belt.
Hayden Gibbs is probably not ready and needs to become more consistent. Plays in our C grade. Promising bowler, not much with the bat and fielding needs to improve.
Brayden Kelly has kept for a couple of games in our A Grade.
Stephen Phillips is doing very well in our C's and played his first game of B's on the weekend. Could be a contender.
Lachie Carmichael, one of our most improved, doing very well in B's and played his first A Grade game on the weekend.
Luke Manno also played in our A grade on the weekend and played in the U/21 side last year.

Shane
FitzroyCC
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby scooter_ » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Enfield
Jesse Goodman
Dan Gillard
Shallum Briene

Rose Park
Joey McArlein

Fitzroy
Adam Spry
Luke Manno
Hayden Gibbs
Brayden Kelly
Mat Halsey

Seaton
Dan Polanski
Alex Pawluk
Jake Beerenfels

Morialta
James Mead
Alex Price
Lauchlan Raffen
Myles Vieratis

Para Vista
Zac Edwards

Down at NEK we finally have our first teenager in over a decade!!
Justin Ellul (THE FUTURE) was pretty handy on the weekend with 6/20 IN THE B's and can bat as well, definitely one to watch.
scooter_

Postby 2old2slow » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:44 pm

What about ash mac is he still under 21?
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby FitzroyCC » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Peadar Brady from Fitzroy would need to be looked at, probably the best fielder in the club, his bowling and batting is improving every week.

Stephen Phillips and Brayden Kelly both play Junior Cricket on Sundays Under 17's so that might Rule them out.
FitzroyCC
Mini-League

Postby Cougar » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 pm

2old2slow wrote:What about ash mac is he still under 21?

19 years ago :(

Eligible for Over 40s next season if you're looking for a recruit ;)
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Cougar » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:48 pm

moses wrote:This week’s Poll Question: Is Fitzroy’s Michael ‘Pidge’ Spry the quickest bowler in the comp? And if not who is?

Going against the trend here and say Yes. Rose Park's Ian Henderson a close 2nd
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby carey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:41 am

auto wrote:
dark & stormy wrote:nitske (sorry about spelling) is quickest by far........pidge has good pace but dies quickly after 2 or 3 overs. ...plus when you bowl 90% down leg , hard to work out pace.

Nitske quickest with Pidge not far behind. His areas this year are much better than in the past mate. And the middle comment is way off.

Gotta say his wind assisted spell on the weekend was pretty sharp and deserved 4 wickets.

Also on the 'four' if Pidge thought it was four he would have called it, he's honest to a fault.

After what I seen on Saturday (And have a few bruises to back it up) I believe that Pidge is the quickest in the comp.

However I believe that to be considered in the top 3 to 5 bowlers in the comp he must work on his line and length. He took 4 wickets (I Think) on Saturday all with balls that would've hit the top of off stump yet he continually tried to bowl short and to quick. Whilst I understand he is still young and with a strong breeze behind his back he may get a bit excited we've all been there but he would be a much better bowler should he work on just a line and length area such as his name sake.

For mine the best in the comp is Nitta and Sharky with Baldo not far behind. I think its great we are finally getting some quicks in the comp as that is one area we have lacked in for quite some time. I hear good things about Parish also so I look forward to seeing him bowl.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mozzie » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:08 am

carey wrote:
auto wrote:

After what I seen on Saturday (And have a few bruises to back it up) I believe that Pidge is the quickest in the comp.

However I believe that to be considered in the top 3 to 5 bowlers in the comp he must work on his line and length. He took 4 wickets (I Think) on Saturday all with balls that would've hit the top of off stump yet he continually tried to bowl short and to quick. Whilst I understand he is still young and with a strong breeze behind his back he may get a bit excited we've all been there but he would be a much better bowler should he work on just a line and length area such as his name sake.

For mine the best in the comp is Nitta and Sharky with Baldo not far behind. I think its great we are finally getting some quicks in the comp as that is one area we have lacked in for quite some time. I hear good things about Parish also so I look forward to seeing him bowl.

I have to back up what the great man has just said, facing Pidge round 1 and facing him in about the 3rd over of the game,that was the fastest bowling i have faced in this comp in a long time.

Pidge made us play at a lot more balls then we normally would have and his short ones were on the money and at you.

Crackers and the other opener at Magill sent them down at a good rate as well. Crackers just makes u play at so many of his deliverers and asks questions nearly every ball.

To me pace is a waste of time if u only have to play at 2 balls per over and the rest are easliy left, something that Pidge looks like he has worked hard on.

Shark is a B grade hack these days and Baldo is always hard to play, he scares me out lol.
mozzie
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby dark & stormy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 am

auto wrote:

not having a go at pidge, just saying he was bowling some good heat and took some good wickets.
but.....then from trying to hard bowled a complete over down leg, bowled another complete over of just bouncers.....
he can bowl with genuine pace and could be the best bowler in the comp if he just tried to hit line and length.
but at the moment ...too short and down leg to often.
I like the kid , and think he has come along way from last season alone. good luck to pidge as I am positive we will see his name amongst the wickets in every game.
OH , AND AUTO .......IT WAS FOUR MATE LOL.
gotta finish on a stir...... 8)
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby dark & stormy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:12 am

mozzie wrote:
carey wrote:
auto wrote:

I have to back up what the great man has just said, facing Pidge round 1 and facing him in about the 3rd over of the game,that was the fastest bowling i have faced in this comp in a long time.

Pidge made us play at a lot more balls then we normally would have and his short ones were on the money and at you.

Crackers and the other opener at Magill sent them down at a good rate as well. Crackers just makes u play at so many of his deliverers and asks questions nearly every ball.

To me pace is a waste of time if u only have to play at 2 balls per over and the rest are easliy left, something that Pidge looks like he has worked hard on.

Shark is a B grade hack these days and Baldo is always hard to play, he scares me out lol.

thats what my mrs says as well......... :lol:
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Cougar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Parrish all clear
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:36 pm

PG,

How would these quicks that are being talked about compare to the crop of young quicks in pdca coming through like, Justin Davies, Benny McMullen, Justin Carmen, Ryan Parker (at ports now) Ray Smith

Both in pace and ability.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:05 pm

whufc wrote:PG,

How would these quicks that are being talked about compare to the crop of young quicks in pdca coming through like, Justin Davies, Benny McMullen, Justin Carmen, Ryan Parker (at ports now) Ray Smith

Davies is a freak, not many in his bracket.

None are as sharp but a couple are little more experienced and the likes of Balneaves and Clarke would prove more difficult than say Ray-Ray because they have variation and think more about it.

I never thought lingy was express, just the fact he is bloody 8 foot tall and gets that steep bounce on. Good length with a bit of away movement made him difficult to face, I thought Andy wasn't far off pace wise.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:21 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
whufc wrote:PG,

Davies is a freak, not many in his bracket.

None are as sharp but a couple are little more experienced and the likes of Balneaves and Clarke would prove more difficult than say Ray-Ray because they have variation and think more about it.

I never thought lingy was express, just the fact he is bloody 8 foot tall and gets that steep bounce on. Good length with a bit of away movement made him difficult to face, I thought Andy wasn't far off pace wise.

Have you actually ever seen Clarke bowl? If so where and when was the last time?
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:46 am

The Riddler wrote:Have you actually ever seen Clarke bowl? If so where and when was the last time?

http://ccca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... eid=1626_1
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:18 am

Just got an email remarking on the quality of the Central Mission batting scorecard that game.. well it was a slight improvement from Round 1 :lol:

http://ccca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... eid=1626_1

*Note* - A young Adam Harris injecting himself in the field
3yrs on and i'm still filthy i was batting at 8 in that side :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps