I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby MW » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:57 am

So a simplistic way to cover everyone is to increase GST not interest rates, but that won't stop the price gouging from big companies.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:58 am

MW wrote:If I had just gone onto news.com.au this morning I would have answered my own question!
Sums it up perfectly...

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/why-boomers-and-big-business-are-to-blame-for-australias-economic-woes/news-story/d6478109e7701ad4cef152f38956e6b7

Kohler presents a range of data points, including loan and deposit balances, which show Millennials have most of the debt and “baby boomers have most of the savings”, while young people are eating into “what savings they have” - all while boomers grow their nest eggs.

Wow - didn't see this ever happening! Groundbreaking analysis!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:25 am

MW wrote:So a simplistic way to cover everyone is to increase GST not interest rates, but that won't stop the price gouging from big companies.

That’s the big issue.

Fantelle 24 pack water was $8.50 in 2021 now $16.85. I’m doubting any cost have increased to justify that sort of increase for WATER. There is almost nothing else factored in the cost.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:49 pm

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:So a simplistic way to cover everyone is to increase GST not interest rates, but that won't stop the price gouging from big companies.

That’s the big issue.

Fantelle 24 pack water was $8.50 in 2021 now $16.85. I’m doubting any cost have increased to justify that sort of increase for WATER. There is almost nothing else factored in the cost.

Hard to justify yes but its not the product that has increased in value its the production of the product.

I run small community gyms/pools and in the last 5 years our licensing costs have gone up over 50%, the cost of 'red tape' these days is incredible. Our APRA music fee is incredible these days to have music playing in our gym.

Albeit much of it is needed and valuable.

I would imagine drinking water production would be similar in particular utility costs, freight costs, maintenance costs both reactive and preventative etc etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:00 am

Is there anywhere I can register to get early preference for corporate tickets for LIV Golf at the party hole? I have been looking but can't find anything as yet. Does anyone know if they have announced prices as yet?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:41 am

Bum Crack wrote:Is there anywhere I can register to get early preference for corporate tickets for LIV Golf at the party hole? I have been looking but can't find anything as yet. Does anyone know if they have announced prices as yet?

https://www.livgolf.com/adelaide-2024-sign-up

I believe corporate are on sale Wednesday, public / walk around 6th December.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby dedja » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:08 pm

Why someone who has been disqualified from driving 11 times has never been gaoled, then kills someone after being disqualified again 8 days prior, and after all that, is released on bail. :twisted:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:32 pm

dedja wrote:Why someone who has been disqualified from driving 11 times has never been gaoled, then kills someone after being disqualified again 8 days prior, and after all that, is released on bail. :twisted:

Totally with ya Dedja , Shows how stuffed the system is and has been for many years with disqualified drivers

In my SAPOL days we always arrested disqualified drivers and refused bail because under the old system they were actually breaching a Court order, these days u get disqualfied for almost anything (some petty and not serious like mobile phone usage) and most continue to drive anyway, then again i know of cases where people have been baield on murder or manslaughter charges which is a joke :evil:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:53 pm

It’s so wrong. Gaols too full?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:47 pm

Brodlach wrote:It’s so wrong. Gaols too full?
Heard last week they have to replace the CCTV cameras throughout the new section as they are the wrong brand exposing them to cyber attacks....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:51 am

Hang the stupid prick!
Disgraceful behaviour
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby dedja » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:07 am

Defence counsel for the accused – who has been charged with aggravated driving without due care and driving disqualified – argued due to his client’s lack of time ever spent in custody, he would be “vulnerable” to any time served over the alleged offences.

FMD, cry me a river.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:14 am

dedja wrote:Defence counsel for the accused – who has been charged with aggravated driving without due care and driving disqualified – argued due to his client’s lack of time ever spent in custody, he would be “vulnerable” to any time served over the alleged offences.

FMD, cry me a river.

Sometimes 'counsel' needs to listen to themselves and put themselves in the victim's shoes. Seriously how do they sleep at night?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:50 am

Rack em
Stack em
Pack em
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:19 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Rack em
Stack em
Pack em

Shoot em
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:36 am

dedja wrote:Defence counsel for the accused – who has been charged with aggravated driving without due care and driving disqualified – argued due to his client’s lack of time ever spent in custody, he would be “vulnerable” to any time served over the alleged offences.

FMD, cry me a river.

Jeepers, what about the vulnerable public who may have to face this guy again on the road today?

Surely bail is for the accused who may be in a bit of trouble but have actually contributed in some way to society so deserve the presumption of innocence and some freedom before the trial.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:54 pm

If you want to kill someone do it with a car.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:38 pm

I just read the piece.
What a complete ****
He didn't do anything wrong / it wasn't his fault / he wouldn't do anything differently / so what if he's unlicenced - he had to get his tobacco so that's all that matters

Here it is

Driver charged over fatal motorcyclist crash at Elizabeth had licence disqualified 11 times
A man alleged to have hit and killed a motorcyclist while driving disqualified has given an emotional interview about the incident. Watch it in full.

Emily Jarvis and Emily Olle

November 14, 2023 - 7:06AM
The Messenger

An emotional Christopher Bennett speaks outside court about a crash he has been charged over that killed father Brad Thompson at Elizabeth.

A young father had at least 11 previous licence disqualifications when he allegedly hit and killed father of two Brad Thompson, a court has heard.

Christopher Bennett, 29, of Elizabeth Park, was granted supervised bail in the Elizabeth Magistrate Court on Monday over the fatal crash at Elizabeth on Sunday night.

Upon leaving the court, Mr Bennett gave an almost four-minute interview to waiting journalists in which he expressed his sorrow and denied driving without due care at the time of the crash.

“Please be quiet, I’ve got something to say,” he said as he came out, despite a supporter gesturing to move him away from journalists.

“To the family of the man that passed away last night, sorry does not even begin … does … sorry does not mean anything in comparison to how you guys feel right now.

“I would just like you guys to know how devastated I am and how much I’m feeling for you guys. It’s just a tragedy.

“I wish there was something more that I could do for him, I truly do.”

Sobbing at times, Mr Bennett was probed on why he was driving while disqualified.

“I was going to get tobacco, mate,” he said.

“There was – driving disqualified or not, this poor man passed away in this incident not because I was driving disqualified.

“It is not me that is suffering, it is the family of this man that’s passed.”

Mr Bennett said his 11 licence disqualifications had been when he was “young and dumb”.

“Eleven times I’ve lost my licence in the past, but all for stupid things. For being young and dumb,” he said.

“Even if I had my licence – you know what? I could have had the King or Queen in my passenger seat of that car and you know what? I wouldn’t have pulled out of that servo any differently. Any differently.”

He denied that he was driving without due care and said that he had not seen Mr Thompson.

“Unfortunately (I didn’t see him) and that’s what hurts so much,” he said.

“I wish I had a better excuse, a better reason for this happening but it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I was disqualified.

“If I was doing the right thing, I might not have been there at the time. But do you know what? If I wasn’t disqualified and I was holding a licence and I was still in that same predicament that poor man probably still would have lost his life. But I very much understand that.”

Mr Bennett said he was speaking out in hope Mr Thompson’s family would understand.

“I am being put severely in the wrong here. I understand that and I am happy to receive the consequences of my actions. But it goes so much further than that,” he said.

“I just hope one day the family is going to forgive me for being involved in this incident.

“The only reason I’m speaking here today is to be man enough to show how I feel towards the family and to help them understand.

“My mate lost his life on a motorbike … I know exactly how they feel. I just want them to know that I know sorry doesn’t fix the problem.”

Earlier, the court heard that in addition to his previous licence disqualifications, Mr Bennett had been disqualified again from driving on November 4 of this year – just 8 days before the accident on Sunday night.

Defence counsel for Mr Bennett – who has been charged with aggravated driving without due care and driving disqualified – argued due to his client’s lack of time ever spent in custody, he would be “vulnerable” to any time served over the alleged offences.

He was granted bail, and is due to return to court in January.

Court documents released to The Advertiser show Mr Bennett was driving to the service station on Philip Highway to purchase tobacco for himself and his girlfriend, who lived with him at his mother’s house.

Mr Bennett allegedly knew that he was aware of his disqualification and that he “shouldn’t have been driving”, the documents state.

The documents include Mr Bennett’s description on how the collision occurred, telling police he was turning right out of the service station to return home and that he failed to notice the motorcycle approaching from his right until it was “too late”.

He stated the driving conditions were perfect, there were no obstructions to his view to the right and that his vehicle was in about the centre of the roadway when the crash occurred.

Police allege Mr Bennett’s Mazda sedan collided with a Kawasaki motorcycle around 8.15pm Sunday, at the intersection of Elizabeth Way and Philip Highway, in Elizabeth.

Mr Bennett was not injured but was taken to the Lyell McEwin Hospital as a precaution.

Brad Thompson died at the scene in front of his family members, including new wife Karen, who he recently married after his first wife died of cancer.

Devastated friends visited the scene on Monday, leaving floral tributes for the 45-year-old Evanston Park man.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby locky801 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:56 pm

Lets hope a decent judge is assigned to his trial and if found guilty he gets the sentence he deserves
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:58 pm

locky801 wrote:Lets hope a decent judge is assigned to his trial and if found guilty he gets the sentence he deserves

Are there any?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion