Eagles News #1 2008

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Eagles News #1 2008

Postby cd » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:13 pm

First to all at SA Footy - Happy New Year and good luck for the coming season of SANFL footy – looks as if it will be a very close competition.

A Reminder to members the AGM is Tuesday February 5th. at Woodville Oval. The 3 retiring board members were the only nominees at the close of nominations and so have been reappointed to the board – sorry folks you’ve got me for another 2 years!

The AGM is important for a number of reasons as was outlined in the annual report to members as it gives you a chance to query and question your board on all matters pertaining to the club. It also gives the board an opportunity to expand on matters and issues.

Some things from the Annual Report I believe are worth highlighting here:
Football Club profit $46,239, Eagles Club profit $114,508 - Total Profit for 2007: $160,748
(2006 combined profit $148,313) increase of over $12,000 on 2006

We have secured a long term lease of our home ground of Woodville Oval with co-operation from the Charles Sturt Council. The board will now be considering plans for the entire Woodville Oval facilities – better facilities for players, staff and members including a lift to the function room.

We continue to have our lease on our summer home of Thebarton Oval with the possibility of having up to 3 league games there each season. In 2008 we play 2 games at Thebby. As our CEO stated if lights and other facilities continue to be upgraded at Thebby we would consider some night games there. With our long term arrangements with the council Woodville will be home to the WWTFC for many years to come!

Some Quotes from the report – The annual report is well worth reading.
“I can assure you we do not accept finishing third” from President Les Steven’s report
“To finish in third position is one that all sections of the club were not happy about”
from Kurt Slaven – Director - Football Innovations Report

“We do consider our finishing position this year to be a failure” from Ron Fuller‘s report
“we need to and can improve” from Justin Cicolella’s report
It is pretty clear what we want in 2008 and I guess we’ll be judged on what we deliver.

Also at the AGM will be presentations of Life Memberships so all members put the 5th of February in your diaries – if you haven’t renewed your membership or wish to join up you are most welcome to at the AGM.

MEMBERSHIP
Membership of our footy club continues to grow with 700 members already on board for 2007. About the same as at this last year! Hopefully we are heading for another record membership year. If you haven’t yet renewed your membership or you want to join us as a new member just call the club for details or join online at our website. All our membership packages represent excellent value and do assist the club – so join now.

Great value memberships are available saving up to $105 if you buy a season ticket.
Junior memberships (for all under 18) only $11 & Adult membership from $45 (concession available).
Plus A great NEW Membership deal for 2008 - Golden Membership Package – from just $350 and you can tailor the benefits to suit you – just contact Mark Passador at the club or check out the renewal brochure for more details – includes full adult membership, 2 home match tickets, 2 reserved grandstand seats and a carpark at all home games, an invitation for 2 for lunch and afternoon tea, a special gift and more – Mark will happily tailor a package for you that may include upgrades to a season ticket or extra lunch invitations.

For all membership details pickup a brochure from the club, call Melissa on 8347 2444 for information or check out the website.

CLUB VENUES – ALL WELCOME

EAGLES BAR & BISTRO – PORT ROAD – 7 DAYS A WEEK
Great meals, friendly staff, comfortable lounge bar, big screen TV, SA lotteries & Keno plus 40 pokies – all your favourite games and new machines too. – Please Gamble responsibly

WOODVILLE OVAL BAR & BISTRO – WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY
The most convenient, comfortable NON Pokie venue in the western suburbs.
Off street parking, friendly staff, $6.50 meals, big screen TV, TAB, Lotteries & Keno,
Members draw Thursday, Bingo sessions, pool table.
Saturday Afternoon Poker Tournament – All Welcome

(Club Office at Woodville Oval open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)

NEW RECRUITS – WELCOME TO:
Craig Gogoll (Centrals)
Jarrod Wright (South)
Nathan Twomey (South)
James McEntee (Marion/North)
Joel Mackie (Albury/Wodonga)
Tom Couch (Victoria)
Craig Taylor (Sturt/Port)
Nick Malinovski (West)
Daniel Roberts
Matt Roberts
Jarrhan Jacky (minidraft - Crows)
Plus maybe an announcement or two still to come – get along to the AGM for more info.

MERCHANDISE
Great value gear is available at the club – you can check out the range on the website too. Don’t miss out and remember if you are a member you can use your members voucher to get $10 off when you purchase goods to a total of $50 or more – another benefit of being a member!

AND WE HAVE A COUPLE OF VERY INTERESTING ANNOUNCEMENTS TO MAKE – BEEN SWORN TO SECRECY - I THINK WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE AGM SO DO ATTEND – Hope to see you there. (killing me not being able to say just yet!)
Last edited by cd on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col D
High Flying Eagles
Premiers 1993, 2006 & 2011

(Personal Post Only)
cd
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mintaro-Manoora

Re: Eagles News #1 2008

Postby G » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:37 pm

I understand and applaud your passion cd, but do we need to have Eagles adverts on this site. Surely this is better off being on the Eags website [if they have one]. :oops: :oops:
G
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pup » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 pm

How is Joel Mackie travelling CD?
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby cd » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:01 am

Pup - Joel has settled well in adelaide and looks very good on the track.

G - appreciate your viewpoint - I do make it clear by the title it is all about the Eagles - and am grateful to the admin of the site for allowing the posting of club news - plus allows supporters (not just of the Eagles) to respond and also for us to be able to see what clubs are doing eg our long term lease after some considerable time was debated on this site. Cheers
Col D
High Flying Eagles

(Personal Post Only)
cd
League Bench Warmer

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:25 am

cd wrote:G - appreciate your viewpoint - I do make it clear by the title it is all about the Eagles - and am grateful to the admin of the site for allowing the posting of club news

Personally I wish Norwood would do the same but I think the Interweb thing still freaks them out.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:07 am

Agreed, Col is welcome to post any news, he does a great job, it'd be great if board members from all other clubs did something similar. Mind you, board members from all other clubs have never promised me donuts and fallen through on the promise. :evil: :wink:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dirko » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:28 am

I enjoy the read Col.

Question is Val still working at the bistro at Woodville Oval ?
Will have to pop in soon and say hello, as she is a legend who always looked after the family !

For anyone else, highly recommend the bistro at the Oval, used to go there every week until I
moved out of the area. Great value, good service & good food....

And No I don't follow the Eagles !!
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:49 am

cd wrote:AND WE HAVE A COUPLE OF VERY INTERESTING ANNOUNCEMENTS TO MAKE – BEEN SWORN TO SECRECY - I THINK WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE AGM SO DO ATTEND – Hope to see you there. (killing me not being able to say just yet!)

You've doubled the budget allocation for donuts? :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Mickyj » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Wedgie wrote:Agreed, Col is welcome to post any news, he does a great job, it'd be great if board members from all other clubs did something similar. Mind you, board members from all other clubs have never promised me donuts and fallen through on the promise. :evil: :wink:

I was waiting for the UGLY DONUT to raise its head again .I can see signs all over woodville oval first Eagles v North game .Wedgie your donuts here :lol: :lol: .

Can not wait for the news to come out
Well done again CD.
And yes I am a paid up member again :D
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby GWW » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:50 pm

I read on another thread earlier today that Nathan Twomey may be an OUT already for WWT..
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby cd » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Wedgie ask the Snouts they get donuts - you can't be in the right place at the right time! :wink:

I am assuming people are referring to a different Nathan Twomey than the one who is at Thebarton training as I write this (I've just arrived home).
I was in Sydney a week ago as was Nathan - me on holiday and now broke - Nathan attending a family celebration.

And to clarify - G is correct the advert type stuff is on the club website but i still try to push this info - you never know might get a few other teams supporters trying out our facilities - and include other bits of news that aren't on the club site - eg quotes from the Annual report to keep the conversations going.
Col D
High Flying Eagles

(Personal Post Only)
cd
League Bench Warmer

Postby magpie in the 80's » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:04 pm

always a good read CD. well done again
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby PhilH » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks for the update CD

Do you know the Eagles Trial Games Dates
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Columbo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Good report as usual CD, congrats on another couple of years on the board.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby schimma » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Columbo wrote:Good report as usual CD, congrats on another couple of years on the board.

great work cd. hopefully the club does the correct thing and gives Jon Floreani Life membership this year as well
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby cd » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:43 pm

I think you'll be happy if you are able to attend AGM Schimma
Col D
High Flying Eagles

(Personal Post Only)
cd
League Bench Warmer

Postby cd » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Phil
I only have dates at moment - we have 3 trials allocated this year.
March 1st. 8th. and 15th.

will chase up where and who against.
Col D
High Flying Eagles

(Personal Post Only)
cd
League Bench Warmer

Postby Thiele » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 pm

West vs Eagles 8th March at Richmond
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby cd » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks Thiele and for SJABC Val is still at the Bistro at Woodville Oval doing a super job.
Col D
High Flying Eagles

(Personal Post Only)
cd
League Bench Warmer

Postby the joker » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:31 pm

cd wrote:Craig Taylor (Sturt/Port)
craig taylor got dropped from magies league side then sooked and went to sturt then couldnt get a game at sturt and left to a country team. so why would he try again
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL