Round 3 North v Sturt

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 3 North v Sturt

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:36 pm

Geezus, not sure who was more disappointed Sturt lost, the umpires or one of those commentators.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2052 times
Been liked: 3899 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby locky801 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:38 pm

Roosters win, nothing else matters

North 10.3
Sturt 8.9
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3714 times
Been liked: 1171 times

Postby mal » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:49 pm

another grub wrote:Nah Norf still got some reral talent there. Grubb in = close game

Grubb kicks the winning goal
NA win in a close game

NostraGRUBadamus

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1160 times
Been liked: 913 times

Postby robranisgod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, not sure who was more disappointed Sturt lost, the umpires or one of those commentators.

To which commentator were you referring?
Tim Saul is a passionate North supporter and I think that Paul Bonsor is an Eagles supporter. I didn't notice any commentary bias.
The umpiring was abysmal. One umpire was scared to make a decision and another seemed to control the whole game. He seemed loath to give North a free, especially ahead of centre.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:10 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Geezus, not sure who was more disappointed Sturt lost, the umpires or one of those commentators.

Tim Saul is a passionate North supporter and I think that Paul Bonsor is an Eagles supporter. I didn't notice any commentary bias.
The umpiring was abysmal. One umpire was scared to make a decision and another seemed to control the whole game. He seemed loath to give North a free, especially ahead of centre.

The guy who was screaming ever time Sturt goaled or took a simple mark, the other guy was very good though. I had a genuine concern for my ear drums every time Sturt got it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2052 times
Been liked: 3899 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby robranisgod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

The guy who was screaming ever time Sturt goaled or took a simple mark, the other guy was very good though. I had a genuine concern for my ear drums every time Sturt got it.

I certainly noticed the screaming but I thought it happened when North goaled as well.
I know that Matt Hill is a professional broadcaster, but the SANFL commentators should listen to him call the AFL on SEN on Thursday nights and hear how football should be broadcast.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL