Black listed companies

Anything!

Re: Black listed companies

Postby Psyber » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:I live 5kms out of the CBD and struggled to get even 3g with Optus too (had a 5g plan). Struggled in the middle of the city quite often too. My mate couldn't work out why he couldn't watch his sky channel on his Sports Bet app recently with Optus, I created a hotspot and he had no issues.
Wouldn't be able to work at home even if they were a competent company and I was still with them. But the way they ran their company coverage wasn't even a minor issue compared to the rest.

I've been with Optus for my mobile phone service since I returned to Adelaide from Melbourne in 2009 and the service has been fine for someone who doesn't need huge amount of data or anything faster than 4G. I live 30 Km out of Adelaide and still get good reception, and it has worked fine in various rural areas around Australia where I have done medical locum work. In Busselton in WA I did need need to go outside the hospital building to get adequate reception but I think that was more related to the structure if the building as it worked fine in the nearby beachside accommodation they provided.

I did use Telstra for a while when I lived in the Dandenong Ranges but it was rather more expensive than the alternatives, but in that area the alternatives were unreliable.

For now I'll stick with Optus as Telstra is tbe only viable alternative outside major towns.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:55 am

Washing machine gave up last month

As we have done for 30+ years, we bought a Fisher & Paykel as we do with most whitegoods (despite my anti All Blacks stance)
Last washing machine lasted 20 years.

What a pile of shite. Had to get the Good Guys technician out within a fortnight
F&P now a chinese company and this thing was manuafactured there
Technician said he spends 80% of his time on F&P products - "dont buy them"

Mrs Jimmy is now going medieval on Good Guys and F&P.
I've been there - I do pity them. Best to cut your losses and give her money back: you wont win.

No more Fisher & Paykel
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:04 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Washing machine gave up last month

As we have done for 30+ years, we bought a Fisher & Paykel as we do with most whitegoods (despite my anti All Blacks stance)

What a pile of shite. Had to get the Good Guys technician out within a fortnight

I've been there - I do pity them. Best to cut your losses and give her money back: you wont win.

No more Fisher & Paykel

I could have told you that ;)
Look, you won't find an Australian made Washing Machine I can tell you that from any supplier.
Your choice is pay premium for European made (western Europe, not eastern Europe...) or pay a reasonable price for a good brand that still design and manage the Quality in Australia but manufacture in a low cost country.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:10 pm

MW wrote:

No more Fisher & Paykel

Look, you won't find an Australian made Washing Machine I can tell you that from any supplier.
Your choice is pay premium for European made (western Europe, not eastern Europe...) or pay a reasonable price for a good brand that still design and manage the Quality in Australia but manufacture in a low cost country.

What would you know? 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:11 pm

MW wrote:

No more Fisher & Paykel

My bad - should have checked with safooty.net first

We are quite happy to pay a premium for a good machine - this one is ****ed
Clothes come out dirtier than go in.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:51 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:

No more Fisher & Paykel

Get your maid to hand wash them
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:16 pm

I've had one Simpson washing machine and the rest have been F&P and have used them all until they died in the arse.

Even the one i bought 2 years ago hasnt skipped a beat, so I'm not ready to poo poo them just yet.

Every other appliance in my house is Samsung but refused to go down that path with the washing machine after all the ones that spontaneously combusted. Still don't trust them.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:20 pm

Yeah the missus swears by Samsung for everything ever since she got a TV fixed that was about 3 years out of warranty.
Currently have TV, Washing Machine, Fridge and a tablet.

I've always been shitty with them ever since my only Samsung TV died in the arse 1 week after the warranty ran out and I didn't even consider contacting them and threw it away. #-o
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yeah the missus swears by Samsung for everything ever since she got a TV fixed that was about 3 years out of warranty.

I've always been shitty with them ever since my only Samsung TV died in the arse 1 week after the warranty ran out and I didn't even consider contacting them and threw it away. #-o

If you ring and mention "Australian consumer law" you will get them fixed outside of warranty within reason.
MW
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:31 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yeah the missus swears by Samsung for everything ever since she got a TV fixed that was about 3 years out of warranty.

I had a Panasonic TV at my holiday house at Wallaroo. I remember paying 1750 for it. It would've been used maybe 20 times over 3 years. It died whilst we were up there one day. I rang them, they said 'bad luck' - obviously they weren't to know how much it had been used. But the concern is that it died after less than 100 hours use. NEVER again am I buying an expensive (I class 1750 expensive) TV. Just not worth it.

I've replaced it with a 549 Teac and that works a treat. At home, I got a Polaroid from Big W for about 500 bucks, which also is great. The remote on the other hand is a dog's breakfast but that's another story.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:32 pm

Their approved repair mob are terrible to deal with. Shite communication
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:30 am

MW wrote:

If you ring and mention "Australian consumer law" you will get them fixed outside of warranty within reason.

Mrs Jimmy's favourite 3 words at the moment
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:36 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:

It's an interesting law... makes manufacturing warranty irrelevant
MW
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:58 pm

MW wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:

It's an interesting law... makes manufacturing warranty irrelevant

I dont use it all of the time but its useful when I feel aggrieved.

Another great service is AFCA - I use it against financial services firms as the final, and decisive, blow.

The fact I warn my clients to do anything to keep a complaint out of AFCA should give you some idea about how effective the threat is.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:28 pm

TV - my 2009 vintage Panasonic plasma model still works fine and has never needed any work done. We also have a 2021 Sony which is used more now because of its great picture quality and wifi connectivity, but its program listing is not as good as the old Panasonic at updating TV channel listings. It leaves blank areas until you select on the blank channel and then it refreshes the screen.

Laundry equipment - the first Miele washer and separate dryer both lasted over 20 years. Of the subsequent pair bought next in 2004 - because my then wife wanted an update - the dryer is still going fine in 2024 but he washer conked out in 2015. I was told by the tech to be selective about what washing materials I used, and suggested I stick to OMO powder as some others tend to clog things up.

(That wife died in 2008 and I didn't marry again until 2019. During thet time I was unskilled at selecting the best washing pwder or liquid options)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:36 am

Update

Fisher & Paykel have conceded defeat
They offered to replace this bomb but Mrs Jimmy gave it to them both barrels

Mrs Jimmy to get a refund for a new washing machine from Good Guys 8)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:09 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Update

Fisher & Paykel have conceded defeat
They offered to replace this bomb but Mrs Jimmy gave it to them both barrels

Mrs Jimmy to get a refund for a new washing machine from Good Guys 8)

The machine was fixable but you got a refund anyway?
Good win for you, but that's poor form by F&P. If they do that for all customers their Warranty cost would be through the roof.
I'm guessing a sales rep didnt want the hassle and signed it off
MW
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:30 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:

No more Fisher & Paykel

Atleast you've recognised the errors of your way :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:

Extended warranties with house hold appliances (Most other things infact) aren’t worth the paper they are written on. If you know Australian Consumer Law enough they will fix the faults within that time frame without the need to fork out extra - The good guys are finding this out the hard way at the moment with a massive law suit.

FWIW Electrolux made products more often than not are pretty reliable and unlike most other manufacturers their ovens and rangehoods are still made in Australia (Adelaide infact). Only up until 3-4 years ago their fridges were made in Orange however there are serious discussions about bringing them back as the profits aren’t as big as they anticipated.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:31 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:

Extended warranties with house hold appliances (Most other things infact) aren’t worth the paper they are written on. If you know Australian Consumer Law enough they will fix the faults within that time frame without the need to fork out extra - The good guys are finding this out the hard way at the moment with a massive law suit.

FWIW Electrolux made products more often than not are pretty reliable and unlike most other manufacturers their ovens and rangehoods are still made in Australia (Adelaide infact). Only up until 3-4 years ago their fridges were made in Orange however there are serious discussions about bringing them back as the profits aren’t as big as they anticipated.

Seen some of the jokers that work there?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion