Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby billy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:44 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Buckingham is building a reputation of being a dickhead.

Haven't heard your derogatory comment about Buckingham before, but serious competitors who play on the edge, do challenge the boys club. You could possibly consider accepting you were beaten and get on with it.

When you're doing that have a look at Conway as he apparently struggles to get near a catch and then appears to give the WT batsman a send off when he finally aims one in the right direction . Laughable if it wasn't so sad. Clearly you don't do your homework on people but you are happy to get on here and sledge Buckingham.

Apparently absolutely no idea, some things never change.

The last time I checked Glenelg had won a single 2 day premiership in 50 years, seems a fair bit of pressure coming their way. You have only got just got the Redbacks covered at this point for failure , they have won a single title in over 40 years. But hey keep on sledging, respecting opposition and having a memory are clearly not in your playbook.
billy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:25 pm

Learned behaviour from the coach ?
ALLEGEDLY he has had a few less than ideal behavioural situations
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:26 pm

:lol: :lol: You think I have any affiliation with GCC or even follow them

For the record I'm not the only one!

Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 1447 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:27 am

Armchair expert wrote::lol: :lol: You think I have any affiliation with GCC or even follow them

For the record I'm not the only one!

I've noted quite a few occasions where one or 2 people on here are happy to bag opposition players/clubs but then become outraged when one of their own cops it. May be a case of happy to dish it out but don't like it when it comes back :lol: :lol:
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby The Hound » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:45 am

Billy, Ferret, Aerie

Not seen too much defence of the recent alleged behaviour of the senior coach regarding the 199 / 200 scenario.
My understanding is the normal WT scorer wasn't there and he is an absolute gem. Would not have happened on his watch.
Did it or did it not occur?

Bays have given themselves multiple opportunities to win a flag over the years and just can't seem to get over the line for some reason, it has to be a mental issue. Props to WT they have one a few over the last few years when they have got into the final.

For a top club was it a lack of numbers that couldn't fill a 4th grade this year, or just too hard to manage, all other clubs have even the perennial strugglers scrape together a 4th side. Not sure If 4th grade is nomination only next season but you would think it may be an 8/9 team competition.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby C Horse » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:44 pm

I dont think any of the Glenelg players took offence to Buckinghams celebration hes a tough competitor and a good lad off the field from what I hear never met the guy but players i know at Glenelg speak hgihly of him.

disappointing night for the Bays the opposition were simply too good. it would be good to see those two sides play again in the finals as they appear to be the best teams at the moment.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Aerie » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:57 pm

A week is a long time in cricket...

After the jubilation of a T20 premiership at Adelaide Oval under lights - WT are 3/60 chasing TTG's 171, searching for their first win since Round 1.
Glenelg 8/292 in a strong position against Port Adelaide.
Woodville are 5/86 chasing Uni's 95 in a rain effected start to last week - I imagine an outright could be on the cards.
Another outright result almost certain in the game between East Torrens and Kensington. ET 57 & 4/110 having already lost on 1st innings to Kensington, who were bowled out for 83 in reply.

The ladder:
Glenelg 105
Uni 65
TTG 55
Port 50
Kensington 30

An outright to the two bottom sides will turn the season on its head.

Any word on the Redbacks squad for the Shield game?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 508 times

Postby Insider_Trading » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:54 pm

Apparently the late start to the University game was due to a burst water pipe somewhere that was flooding the outfield for a while
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:51 am

Insider_Trading wrote:Apparently the late start to the University game was due to a burst water pipe somewhere that was flooding the outfield for a while

Those lost overs probably cost either side a chance at an outright.

Woodville 6/96 dec & 7/142 def Uni 95 & 177

East Torrens win outright after losing 1st innings
ET 57 (Thornton 6/21) & 184 (Grant 6/61) def Kens 83 (Robins 6/39) & 116 (Thompson 6/33)

Glenelg 337 (Scott 109) def Port 159

West Torrens 7/272 dec (Drew 115) def TTG 171 (Buckingham 5/38) & 0/49

The Ladder, besides Glenelg at the top, is ridiculously close. East Torrens have scraped together 15 important points over the last two weeks which keeps them within a win and percentage of 2nd spot with 3 Rounds to play.

Glenelg 125
University 65
West Torrens 60
Tea Tree Gully 55
Kensington 50
East Torrens 45

One Day Semi Finals today. West Torrens again play Tea Tree Gully and Glenelg again play Port.

In Div 2, Adelaide put up the best effort against Sturt for the season, Sturt just hanging on for a draw, 9 down, in a shortened match. SACA U19's beat Prospect, who look likely to collect yet another wooden spoon to add to their impressive collection from the last 20 years. Northern Districts just get over the line against Southerns. It's looking likely it will be Northerns and Adelaide battling for that 2nd promotion spot and to play Sturt in the Final.

Div 2 Ladder

Sturt 135
Northerns 100
Adelaide 85
SACA U19 60
Southerns 40
Prospect 20
Aerie
Coach

Postby Insider_Trading » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:38 pm

Port Adelaide in all sorts of trouble v Glenelg

8 for 98 at this moment in time
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:48 pm

TTG 3/9 chasing 214

GCC 2/60 chasing 131

Looking like it will be a replay of the t20 final
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby ferret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:44 pm

The Hound wrote:Billy, Ferret, Aerie

Not seen too much defence of the recent alleged behaviour of the senior coach regarding the 199 / 200 scenario.
My understanding is the normal WT scorer wasn't there and he is an absolute gem. Would not have happened on his watch.

Bays have given themselves multiple opportunities to win a flag over the years and just can't seem to get over the line for some reason, it has to be a mental issue. Props to WT they have one a few over the last few years when they have got into the final.

For a top club was it a lack of numbers that couldn't fill a 4th grade this year, or just too hard to manage, all other clubs have even the perennial strugglers scrape together a 4th side. Not sure If 4th grade is nomination only next season but you would think it may be an 8/9 team competition.

Why are you chucking this rubbish at me, I've never bought it up or made a comment. You're just a complete tosser and loser.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:19 pm

Interesting caught behind in Glenelg vs Port

Valente bowling to McInerney. Inside edge through to the keeper who caught it. However he was slightly off balance and put his gloves on the ground to retain his footing. Ran off to celebrate but the ball was left on the ground. Had come out of his gloves during the push off the ground.

Was given out.

Correct decision?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:34 pm

Armchair expert
Coach

Postby wedgetail » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:47 pm

ferret wrote:
The Hound wrote:Billy, Ferret, Aerie

Why are you chucking this rubbish at me, I've never bought it up or made a comment. You're just a complete tosser and loser.

Always two sides to the story. East Torrens scorer not blameless in this incident either. Check your facts.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 86 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:02 pm

ferret wrote:

Absolute crap from a sore loser.

Couldn't meet a nicer or more genuine person. Always puts the club first and NEVER dodges a match when available.
Always puts in extra for the club.
One of the Western Eagles best ever recruits.

Think Ferret’s point here is well made and today emphasised this even more. Not many Redbacks players would fly back to play Grade cricket, after surprisingly being made 12th man in Victoria he made the effort to come back to help his Club. Don’t see that sort of commitment often.

Don’t think WT win today without that opening spell, having them 5/15 or something.

As C Horse said on earlier post, Glenelg players took no offence to the 20/20 GF carry on, he is supposedly a top bloke that that they all get on with. Don’t know him personally but you hear that regularly.

Similar to what Arry Gablett posts often, I do agree that he needs to pull his head in a bit. Over the top celebrations either getting in to the batter or giving it to the crowd are not a good look. Has been reported once and probably couple more times been lucky, so think he has to really be careful going forward.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:04 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Hell no, not for mine

https://www.youtube.com/live/3rkcmaGIcb ... dB&t=11824

Agree, not out. No wonder McInerney stood his ground. Tough one for umps on the spot though. Did not cost them luckily.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:07 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:Buckingham's response was a reportable offence that apparently went unpunished by the umpires. I imagine someone took note of that in head office and had a few words.

In the penultimate over of the match there was a caught behind appeal where the Torrens Wicket-keeper gave the T Sign for a DRS review too. Seems like a strange thing to do when you have a team 9 for 60 chasing 200.

Seems to have been a crackdown on reports since this game.

See Thornton for Kensy get out yesterday, thought he hit is LBW and did the Neilson DRS T sign and got reported. Did swear also.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:25 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Hell no, not for mine

https://www.youtube.com/live/3rkcmaGIcb ... dB&t=11824

Agree, not out. No wonder McInerney stood his ground. Tough one for umps on the spot though. Did not cost them luckily.

definitely not out as the keeper didn't control the catch
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Aerie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:59 pm

What is the go with Redbacks players this week? Is it a personal choice for them to play or not?

Would've thought if your job is to score some runs, you should be playing this weekend.

Are there some outs because of 2nd XI?
Aerie
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps