Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:01 am

Metal dive bar, nearly 50 beers to choose from, 10 minute walk from home. Yep!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Password Please » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:26 am

Booney wrote:We all know Yorkes is the greatest peninsula on Earth. It can be the shittiest of shit weather and you're still in love with it. Sorry Le Fevre.

I rate finishing the break strong.

Played 9 at West Lakes Thursday, probably join on, couple of frothies at the Woodshed.

Few with mates Friday, couple at the Woodshed.

Daughters outlaws last night here for dinner, good people.

Brekky with Mrs Boon this morning, lad and I hit a pool hall for a few games, Woodshed for two froths, just mowed and swam with a Fat Yak about to crumble.

Reality tomorrow. Good times the last 4 days.

All you guys should try living in Moonta, terrible place to be 8)
Had my miners cottage in the main part of the town for about 12 years now, 2 minute walk to the footy club for tea on a Friday night, easy walk to the town, blah blah blah.
Seriously though, moved here about 2 years ago and was always going to end up living here, just a seperation from the wife forced my hand a little quicker than anticipated, kids come up when they can, I'm not missing out on anything.
It's a no brainer, you can sell in Adelaide, get your $700k plus and buy up here the equivalnt for $450k, won't last much longer though, prices are on the up.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:40 am

Password Please wrote:
Booney wrote:We all know Yorkes is the greatest peninsula on Earth. It can be the shittiest of shit weather and you're still in love with it. Sorry Le Fevre.

Played 9 at West Lakes Thursday, probably join on, couple of frothies at the Woodshed.

Brekky with Mrs Boon this morning, lad and I hit a pool hall for a few games, Woodshed for two froths, just mowed and swam with a Fat Yak about to crumble.

Had my miners cottage in the main part of the town for about 12 years now, 2 minute walk to the footy club for tea on a Friday night, easy walk to the town, blah blah blah.
Seriously though, moved here about 2 years ago and was always going to end up living here, just a seperation from the wife forced my hand a little quicker than anticipated, kids come up when they can, I'm not missing out on anything.
It's a no brainer, you can sell in Adelaide, get your $700k plus and buy up here the equivalnt for $450k, won't last much longer though, prices are on the up.

We dont have the luxury of being beach side but living regionally i could never ever live back in the burbs unless i desperately needed employment that could only be done there.

Regional lifestyle is just too good for the kids and myself. Like you said we honestly dont miss out on anything.....30 minutes at most north/south/east to an IGA, Foodland, Woolworths. Clare has plenty of great eateries so if we want to go out and dine then that's fine.

5 minute walk to pub and sports hub. $300k 3 bedrooms, triple garage, 2.5 hectares. Life is good.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:44 am

whufc wrote:
Password Please wrote:

We dont have the luxury of being beach side but living regionally i could never ever live back in the burbs unless i desperately needed employment that could only be done there.

Regional lifestyle is just too good for the kids and myself. Like you said we honestly dont miss out on anything.....30 minutes at most north/south/east to an IGA, Foodland, Woolworths. Clare has plenty of great eateries so if we want to go out and dine then that's fine.

5 minute walk to pub and sports hub. $300k 3 bedrooms, triple garage, 2.5 hectares. Life is good.

What are the schools like for the kids mate?
I guess that’s a big deterrent for most as regional schools aren’t as good.
Or are they?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:00 pm

locky801 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Yorkes, back from another 5 days over at Turton, weather was shithouse however still managed to explore plenty of the coast, haven't been to The Bluff, Pt Rickaby and Pt Vic since I was a kid, great spots. Got up to Pt Hughes for 9 holes - left Turton with hoodies and the heater on in the car only to play in 34 degrees then back to Turton and freezing again :lol:

Went for a surf yesterday as the storm hit the coast, great to see people back in the water over there but understandably still a bit nervous.

Came home via Maitland > Clifton for something different last night, magnificent country through there, cant wait to get back.

Love Yorkes cant wait to retire there in 2025

Id love to retire over there, but the biggest issue is which town to retire in, there are too many that I love!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:03 pm

Spargo wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Yorkes, back from another 5 days over at Turton, weather was shithouse however still managed to explore plenty of the coast, haven't been to The Bluff, Pt Rickaby and Pt Vic since I was a kid, great spots. Got up to Pt Hughes for 9 holes - left Turton with hoodies and the heater on in the car only to play in 34 degrees then back to Turton and freezing again :lol:

Went for a surf yesterday as the storm hit the coast, great to see people back in the water over there but understandably still a bit nervous.

Came home via Maitland > Clifton for something different last night, magnificent country through there, cant wait to get back.

We’re over there in a fortnight, staying at Stansbury for a week. Will catch up for lunch with a mate who’s retired in Turton, take the kids to the water park at Moonta Bay, have a round at the Dunes & go crabbing & squidding. Can’t wait, work has turned to shit, just had Covid again - need a break.

Magnificent, Dunes is in fantastic shape - greens are as good as Ive played anywhere. Don't go to the pub in Turton though, for the 2nd year running it was ordinary. You can tell a pub that isn't owner operated a mile away these days, especially in regional areas. Had a great feed at the Howling Dog in Corny Point though.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Id love to retire over there, but the biggest issue is which town to retire in, there are too many that I love!

Vincent for mine, was one of the last towns on Yorkes that I explored and it’s my go to for every holiday, great pub, great people and just so damn tidy.

Plenty of walking and cycling tracks too
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:
locky801 wrote:

There’s a couple of towns I’d still like to stay at, but I’m definitely retiring in Pt Hughes (even the missus agrees)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Vincent, Turton, Moonta, anyone will do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:
Password Please wrote:

What are the schools like for the kids mate?
I guess that’s a big deterrent for most as regional schools aren’t as good.
Or are they?

Spalding Primary School is our local school. Total of 13 kids there over the 7 grades... very ag focused. Kids get lots of attention with such small class numbers :lol: They follow the same curriculum as city schools but get much greater attention albeit smaller resources. Tends to be either student teachers breaking into the industry or experienced teachers. There is students that have turned into doctors and students who quit at year 10...i guess a lot is what the student and parents do to make school a good experience. I went to Craigmore South Primary and Craigmore High & Smithfield High and the regional schools my daughter goes to seem 1000x improved. :lol:

My child doesn't go there though due to both parents working and us requiring after school care and before school care. My daughter goes to a private school St Josephs in Clare where i work. 350 students from reception to year 9. Really impressed with the school.

At the end of year 9 the choice will be to send her to Clare High if she isn't overly academic or boarding school in Adelaide if she seems to be aiming for a high atar. I'm not against her taking the career path she wants. If it's in the ag industry that's just as fine as wanting to become a doctor. I just hope she does something she loves and is passionate about.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:45 pm

Booney wrote:Vincent, Turton, Moonta, anyone will do.

Holiday house in each it sounds :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:46 pm

Turton or Wallaroo for me
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:47 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Holiday house in each it sounds :lol:

Give me Eyre Peninsula any day of the week.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:53 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Holiday house in each it sounds [emoji38]

Give me Eyre Peninsula any day of the week.

I seem to find a greater % of people in the Triangle, especially, a bit snobbish.

Then again it might be inferior complex kicking in.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Password Please » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:55 pm

If anyone has a day care background you would absolutley clean up in Moonta / Pt Hughes, nothing here.
Sitting out the back having lunch with the missus, a beautiful breeze blowing and working from home, sensational.
Don't leave it to late, get in as soon as possible.
My best mates missus wont leave Adelaide, she wants to be close to family and the kids are 12 - 16, kids are resiliant and the lifestyle for them in the country is excellent, poor bastard, he's spewing and stuck in the concrete jungle in Munno Para West, great house and all worth around $750k.
He can see the light and he fishers.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:07 pm

Port Pirie = Paradise
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:14 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Port Pirie = Paradise

At least you’re no longer snorting in the shit from the smelters.
Gotta be a bonus!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:18 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Gotta be a bonus!

Lead is part of a healthy diet.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby dedja » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:18 pm

Bonus is you’re the smartest person in town when you first move there
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:31 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Gotta be a bonus!

Lead is part of a healthy diet.

Would also explain a lot of your posting…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion