Australian International Summer 2023/24

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Righto he’s gone …

An appropriate period of reflection. :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby stampy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:30 pm

mel mclaughlin in that dress, nom nom nom 8)
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby northerner » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:37 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Righto he’s gone.
So who opens in Adelaide?
Surely not Green or even Smith as has been discussed recently.
Bancroft for me deserves another chance and ironic he replaces Warner.

I think the biggest issue here is that Green has to be selected. He is too good to not be in the XI and can't be left waiting for Marsh to be moved on as that might be a while!
So I think it boils down to him opening or for another to move up. I would opt for the latter and Smith indicating he will do it suggests the chat has been had.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 437 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:40 pm

dedja wrote:

now to wait for the book :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby RB » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:42 pm

northerner wrote:Wow... sweating a bit in the witness box here... guilty, for having an opinion.

Bit quick on the forward defensive stroke there mate - just asking why you've formed your view (in response to your post on an internet forum about it).

northerner wrote:Uzzie has had several interviews expressing his views, and how he can circumnavigate the system to have his views made on the field.
He has also been robust in his feelings about pink ball tests.
This has coincided with his worst series since his return.

Gawd, I forgot the cardinal rules for this group:
Go hard and smash away at anything Smith, Labuschange and Warner do, but don't dare speak evil of Carey, Head or Uzzie.

I mean I'm way quicker to defend Smith and Warner than most on here. Definitely happy to criticise Uzzie where due as well. I just find it really hard to buy that doing a couple of interviews about international affairs would have an impact on Uzzie protecting his wicket when he arrives at the crease. As if, as the bowler's running in to bowl against him during a test match, he could be thinking of nothing so much as current political issues in the Middle East.

An average of 37 for the series is not a bad return by the way. (Did Trav express support for Uzzie? That may explain Trav's crap form??)

I would've thought that people would be a bit more circumspect with the whole 'not focusing on cricket' nonsense after the Captain Woke winning the World Cup episode, but alas.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:43 pm

locky801 wrote:
dedja wrote:

now to wait for the book :roll:

True Grit.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby stampy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:44 pm

that might be TM
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:48 pm

stampy wrote:mel mclaughlin in that dress, nom nom nom 8)

Showing your age Stamp, aim higher. :lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby northerner » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:58 pm

RB wrote:
northerner wrote:Wow... sweating a bit in the witness box here... guilty, for having an opinion.

Bit quick on the forward defensive stroke there mate - just asking why you've formed your view (in response to your post on an internet forum about it).

northerner wrote:Uzzie has had several interviews expressing his views, and how he can circumnavigate the system to have his views made on the field.
He has also been robust in his feelings about pink ball tests.
This has coincided with his worst series since his return.

Gawd, I forgot the cardinal rules for this group:
Go hard and smash away at anything Smith, Labuschange and Warner do, but don't dare speak evil of Carey, Head or Uzzie.

I mean I'm way quicker to defend Smith and Warner than most on here. Definitely happy to criticise Uzzie where due as well. I just find it really hard to buy that doing a couple of interviews about international affairs would have an impact on Uzzie protecting his wicket when he arrives at the crease. As if, as the bowler's running in to bowl against him during a test match, he could be thinking of nothing so much as current political issues in the Middle East.

An average of 37 for the series is not a bad return by the way. (Did Trav express support for Uzzie? That may explain Trav's crap form??)

I would've thought that people would be a bit more circumspect with the whole 'not focusing on cricket' nonsense after the Captain Woke winning the World Cup episode, but alas.

I also spend far more time defending players, than not. And I certainly don't zero in on one individual and rip in to them for every foible just because their personality irks me.
And I am an Uzzie fan. However I thought the to-ing and fro-ing over how he was going to get his message across in the first Test was OTT. During a test, anything that is not focused on the job at hand is potentially detrimental.

His summation on the Pakistani lineup just now on Fox was outstanding.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 437 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:10 pm

northerner wrote:… I also spend far more time defending players, than not. And I certainly don't zero in on one individual and rip in to them for every foible just because their personality irks me …

Faark that, gotta call it out, Warner’s a dickhead. :-BD
dedja
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:52 pm

All class by the Paki’s today in regards to all things Warner. They’re a likeable bunch, you could see throughout the series with the bits of harmless banter
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:All class by the Paki’s today in regards to all things Warner. They’re a likeable bunch, you could see throughout the series with the bits of harmless banter
How good is Rizwan in particular, laughing and joking with the Aussies and giving them stick while keeping. It was very amusing when he put his arm around Labuschagne during a review and looked like he was trying to get Labuschagne to say he nicked it but Labuschagne didn't want to and was so serious lol.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:12 pm

Right he has gone, can we all move on been over 20 Fox Threads on Facebook over him today, have to put up with him making millions as a commentator now, guy played great cricket, made a mistake, did his time, came back just as good for most of it has his shoes tied by his big mouth wife, tries a sneaky thing with a baggy green and it goes viral but he has now retired from 2 formats, lets move on
locky801
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:13 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:All class by the Paki’s today in regards to all things Warner. They’re a likeable bunch, you could see throughout the series with the bits of harmless banter
How good is Rizwan in particular, laughing and joking with the Aussies and giving them stick while keeping. It was very amusing when he put his arm around Labuschagne during a review and looked like he was trying to get Labuschagne to say he nicked it but Labuschagne didn't want to and was so serious lol.

Rate Rizwan highly, great keeper and probably one of the best keeper batsman going around, always go a smile on his dial as well
locky801
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:55 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Yeah mate, I thought of you when I seen that, you would’ve loved it as much as I did although I thought Lab would’ve felt uncomfortable with how he was leaning.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby whufc » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:56 pm

Haha has come out now that for the second time in his career Warners cap were not TAKEN/STOLEN.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:59 pm

Would love to see them stick together and get there best team on the park. Reckon there is a ton of potential there. Disappointingly I doubt we will get to see it

They were great value and will most likely end up the cricketing highlight of the summer.
whufc
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:04 pm

whufc wrote:Haha has come out now that for the second time in his career Warners cap were not TAKEN/STOLEN.

well thats a surprise NOT :oops: was obvious from the start with no Police involvement
locky801
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:22 pm

locky801 wrote:
whufc wrote:Haha has come out now that for the second time in his career Warners cap were not TAKEN/STOLEN.

well thats a surprise NOT :oops: was obvious from the start with no Police involvement

Sounds likes as well some mayo was chucked on about the kids Christmas presents going missing to gain sympathy.
whufc
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:44 pm

dedja wrote:
northerner wrote:… I also spend far more time defending players, than not. And I certainly don't zero in on one individual and rip in to them for every foible just because their personality irks me …

Faark that, gotta call it out, Warner’s a dickhead. :-BD

Thanks for removing all doubt.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket