Australian International Summer 2023/24

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:20 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
And there’s more to do in Brisbane and Perth.
Little Ol’ Adelaide doesn’t have much else when it comes to entertainment either.

Should never have closed story book cottage or puzzle park

Or Greenhill adventure park.

We weren’t rich enough to go there, we could only afford to go St Kilda and the trams were off the menu unless we snuck on ourselves.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:22 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:And there’s more to do in Brisbane and Perth.
Little Ol’ Adelaide doesn’t have much else when it comes to entertainment either.

The Adelaide Test is the social event of the early summer, it's the first or last catch up before the Xmas shit arrives and people use it to get together with mates as much as it is to go to the cricket.

The RM set hoovering up bags of Kensington coffee in the Pimms tent account for 10,000 almost each day. :lol:

I’ll admit I only go and drink piss to catch up with mates in the members out the back on the green.
You can bash the pimms up your arse though. Terrible stuff.
I’ll stay home if I really want to watch cricket.

Pretty much my take, I’ve had box tickets for the last few years and I reckon I would’ve drank more than double drinks vs balls watched.

Brilliant atmosphere though
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:49 am

It’s known as the party Test for a reason.
I have friends who fly in just to catch-up with mates and drink piss coz of the party atmosphere.
The cricket is definitely secondary here.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:It’s known as the party Test for a reason.
I have friends who fly in just to catch-up with mates and drink piss coz of the party atmosphere.
The cricket is definitely secondary here.

Crickets version of LIV :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:01 pm

Screenshot_20231218_210000_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231218_210000_Instagram.jpg (120.69 KiB) Viewed 829 times
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RB » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:31 pm

Fair effort. Perhaps Gaz makes better use of the bounce than other spinners touring Australia. Still great numbers.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:48 pm

Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Aerie » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:42 am

Armchair expert wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/12/18/he-can-go-another-year-healys-big-warner-call-following-perth-ton/

Spot on Heals

Something ticked when Warner was dropped in that Sri Lankan game in the World Cup. Since then he has been the Warner pre-sandpaper gate. He could definitely go on, but I think he is better off going out on a high. That 1st innings century sees him through to Sydney, even if he fails Boxing Day.

The good thing about Warner announcing his retirement early, is the speculation of who replaces him.

I'd be reshuffling the order:

Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Green

Ideally for Head, I'd keep him at 5, but for team balance and based on the small sample of him opening in India and his impressive white ball opening record, I'd have him as a like for like replacement for Warner.

Green the long term replacement for Smith at number 4. Renshaw to replace Khawaja when he chooses to retire. Hopefully Puckovski comes along and there seems to be a few young guns coming along who hopefully get an opportunity to have a couple of good seasons of Shield Cricket to press their claims.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:28 am

Aerie wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/12/18/he-can-go-another-year-healys-big-warner-call-following-perth-ton/

Spot on Heals

Something ticked when Warner was dropped in that Sri Lankan game in the World Cup. Since then he has been the Warner pre-sandpaper gate. He could definitely go on, but I think he is better off going out on a high. That 1st innings century sees him through to Sydney, even if he fails Boxing Day.

The good thing about Warner announcing his retirement early, is the speculation of who replaces him.

Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Green

Ideally for Head, I'd keep him at 5, but for team balance and based on the small sample of him opening in India and his impressive white ball opening record, I'd have him as a like for like replacement for Warner.

Green the long term replacement for Smith at number 4. Renshaw to replace Khawaja when he chooses to retire. Hopefully Puckovski comes along and there seems to be a few young guns coming along who hopefully get an opportunity to have a couple of good seasons of Shield Cricket to press their claims.

Head has been our 2nd most consistent batter over the past 18 months, you can’t mess with his #5 spot, he owns that.

Green needs to go away and earn his spot back, just like Smith, Ponting and Steve Waugh did, the bloke oozes talent but we can’t gift him games when his form has been below par, in a perfect world it would be great to have him and Marsh in the team, could possibly have Carey opening with that batting depth.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:28 am

Aerie wrote:

Spot on Heals

Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Green

Head has been our 2nd most consistent batter over the past 18 months, you can’t mess with his #5 spot, he owns that.

Green needs to go away and earn his spot back, just like Smith, Ponting and Steve Waugh did, the bloke oozes talent but we can’t gift him games when his form has been below par, in a perfect world it would be great to have him and Marsh in the team, could possibly have Carey opening with that batting depth.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Spot on Heals

Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Green

I agreed with you the first time.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 881 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:52 am

mots02 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Spot on Heals

Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Green

I agreed with you the first time.

I prefer his 2nd post
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:23 am

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/paki ... st-1413403

Pakistan have been docked two points on the World Test Championship (WTC) standings for maintaining a slow over rate in the Test series opener against Australia in Perth. They were ruled to be two overs short of the target after time allowances were taken into consideration.

After Pakistan were thumped by 360 runs in the Perth Test, they had slipped to No. 2 on the WTC standings and after the penalty, their points percentage fell to 61.11 from 66.67.

Pakistan were also fined 10% of their match fee, with the sanctions being imposed by match referee Javagal Srinath. The umpires for the Test, Joel Wilson, Richard Illingworth, Michael Gough and fourth umpire Donovan Koch, levelled the charge. Pakistan captain Shan Masood accepted the offence and sanction, so there was no formal hearing.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dinglinga75 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:42 am

What's the point of docking points if the country has no hope of qualifying for the WTC25 Final ....
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby mal » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:33 am

Dinglinga75 wrote:What's the point of docking points if the country has no hope of qualifying for the WTC25 Final ....

True
But it does put other nations on notice for similar offences
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:38 am

amber_fluid wrote:[quote="mots02”]

I agreed with you the first time.[/quote]

I prefer his 2nd post[/quote]

Sometimes I have to spell things out twice to you bunch of idiots………….and I hate posting on my phone!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:[quote="mots02”]

I agreed with you the first time.[/quote]

I prefer his 2nd post[/quote][/quote]
Sometimes I have to spell things out twice to you bunch of idiots………….and I hate posting on my phone![/quote]

Only twice?
I always use my phone and used to have that issue all the time but seems to have fixed itself of late for me.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:52 am

Don’t ya love it when you call someone an idiot and then make a complete mess of your post in the process :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a rule I’ll generally avoid quoting someone if there has already been 4 quotes, it’s too intricate on my phone.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby dedja » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:55 am

Yeah, ya idiot. L-)

Are you using a Nokia 6100? :-s
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:00 am

[quote="Lightning McQueen"]Don’t ya love it when you call someone an idiot and then make a complete mess of your post in the process :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a rule I’ll generally avoid quoting someone if there has already been 4 quotes, it’s too intricate on my phone.

Me too, I hate posters who cant quote properly
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket