The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby wenchbarwer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:17 am

nwdfanparade wrote:Its not a done deal by a long stretch. PA have APPLIED to join the VFL. The VFL may not accept PA request. As I said in my previous post, the VFL may make demands/requests to PA and PA may decline VFL's counter offer/conditions. It not a done deal, so no celebrating yet (but one can only hope ;) ).

Be funny if the SANFL then said "No thanks, we're full", and the Pear Reserves could be a foundation club of the proposed Premier Division!
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:34 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
DOC wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:If Port/Crows want to join the vfl then hopefully they have to pay for travel etc

All paid for by the AFL

Yeah, just wishful thinking

Considering they're both owned by the AFL it's much of a muchness, isn't it?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:54 am

Wedgie wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
DOC wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:If Port/Crows want to join the vfl then hopefully they have to pay for travel etc

All paid for by the AFL

Yeah, just wishful thinking

Considering they're both owned by the AFL it's much of a muchness, isn't it?

Yeah it's all money just going from one hand to the other.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby knowledge » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:47 am

wenchbarwer wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:Its not a done deal by a long stretch. PA have APPLIED to join the VFL. The VFL may not accept PA request. As I said in my previous post, the VFL may make demands/requests to PA and PA may decline VFL's counter offer/conditions. It not a done deal, so no celebrating yet (but one can only hope ;) ).

Be funny if the SANFL then said "No thanks, we're full", and the Pear Reserves could be a foundation club of the proposed Premier Division!

Don't think for one second that the other 17 AFL clubs are in a 'love -fest' with PA. They detest them and around the AFL commission table they're regarded as a bunch of whingers....
'
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:49 am

I will be glad when they are both gone but I’m just curious as to how both clubs see the VFL benefiting them?
From everything I’ve heard the National Reserves are a long while away still with 4 years away minimum being mentioned.
The VFL salary cap is a paltry $110k per year with no plans to increase it anytime soon which makes it hard to get top ups and the fixtures are an absolute joke with reserves teams forced to play at the same time at different venues as the AFL side even in your home state which makes it hard for staffing and hence some blowouts in soft cap. The comp is also of pretty poor standard so I do wonder if the benefits will be worth it.
If there was a proper National reserves comp then yes it would absolutely be worth it IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:11 am

Be careful what you wish for…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby UK Fan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:52 am

Jim05 wrote:I will be glad when they are both gone but I’m just curious as to how both clubs see the VFL benefiting them?
From everything I’ve heard the National Reserves are a long while away still with 4 years away minimum being mentioned.
The VFL salary cap is a paltry $110k per year with no plans to increase it anytime soon which makes it hard to get top ups and the fixtures are an absolute joke with reserves teams forced to play at the same time at different venues as the AFL side even in your home state which makes it hard for staffing and hence some blowouts in soft cap. The comp is also of pretty poor standard so I do wonder if the benefits will be worth it.
If there was a proper National reserves comp then yes it would absolutely be worth it IMO

I agree. I havent been able to find a singlw port fan that can name an advantage apart from no restrictions on the team if they make finals.

And to give away over 100 years of tradition and 36 flags for what ??

Its just so typical of Port Adelaide under Koch.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby knowledge » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:08 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I will be glad when they are both gone but I’m just curious as to how both clubs see the VFL benefiting them?

I agree. I havent been able to find a singlw port fan that can name an advantage apart from no restrictions on the team if they make finals.

It's because the POWA barrackers still haven't come to grips with the "last touch'' rule IN SANFL. I still get a laugh out of some POWA barrackers carrying on like it was some sort of communist plot during the 2017 finals series. I tried to explain it to them, but, they just abused me. Something about being a Sturt "poooof"fffftttaaaa... :D :D
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:22 pm

knowledge wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

It's because the POWA barrackers still haven't come to grips with the "last touch'' rule IN SANFL. I still get a laugh out of some POWA barrackers carrying on like it was some sort of communist plot during the 2017 finals series. I tried to explain it to them, but, they just abused me. Something about being a Sturt "poooof"fffftttaaaa... :D :D
VFL will introduce the last touch rule in the next year or two
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby topshelf » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:55 pm

UK Fan wrote:

It's because they've lost the last three grand finals they've played in at SANFL level and they keep choking in the AFL. They're sore losers and it's everyone else's fault. They need more and more special treatment until they finally win something.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby robranisgod » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:21 pm

topshelf wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

It's because they've lost the last three grand finals they've played in at SANFL level and they keep choking in the AFL. They're sore losers and it's everyone else's fault. They need more and more special treatment until they finally win something.

They've lost their last 8 Grand Finals at Adelaide Oval. I want that run to continue.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:35 pm

Not even Glenelg are that bad!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:45 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Not even Glenelg are that bad!

:lol: I was thinking the same thing!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:16 pm

Last GF we played against Norf on Adelaide Oval, we won.

Dogs have never played a GF on Adelaide Oval.

How's the serenity 8)
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:38 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Not even Glenelg are that bad!

First time I've seen the words Glenelg and bad in the same sentence for quite a while. 8)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:32 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Last GF we played against Norf on Adelaide Oval, we won.

How's the serenity 8)

But we've won 9, since 1964. :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Last GF we played against Norf on Adelaide Oval, we won.

How's the serenity 8)

We've won 1 since September ;)
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times

Postby StrayDog » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:31 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

How's the serenity 8)

We've won 1 since September ;)

:shock: :lol:
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Mic » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:47 pm

Read a good question on Facebook - will Power now be claiming 36 VFL premierships?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:52 am

The novelty of going interstate every 2nd week might actually attract some top up players & staff
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL