INS and OUTS for 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Postby knowledge » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:The North Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce the addition of Darren Pfeiffer as our Senior Assistant Coach for season 2024.

Darren will replace the outgoing James Allan, who recently accepted the senior coaching position at the Werribee Football Club in the VFL.

Darren will look after the midfield group in the seniors while also working closely with Senior Coach Jacob Surjan.

Over his playing career, Darren represented Norwood in both junior and senior grades, while also spending time at 3 AFL clubs (Adelaide, Carlton & Port Adelaide).

During his time as a coach and administrator, Darren has worked with the following programs;

Under 16 NSW/ACT Rams
Under 17 AFL Futures Academy
Coach Development Manager AFL Sydney/AFL NT
NT Thunder Academy Coach
UNSW Bulldogs – 2022 & 2023 – Premiers in both seasons.
We are excited with what Darren will offer our playing group with his extensive knowledge and experience.

Please welcome Darren to the Roosters!

Darren is one of those people you meet that you can’t help but like. He played with Sturt reserves once or twice in the “bye” days when he needed a place to play when Norwood had the bye. He’s the perfect role model, polite and respectful, and the sort of bloke you’d want to have in your footy club. He’ll be a good get for North. Engaging personality and I hope he does well.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby topshelf » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:18 am

Martin Fredrick an out for Sturt, leaving to play football in Western Australia apparently.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:08 pm

topshelf wrote:Martin Fredrick an out for Sturt, leaving to play football in Western Australia apparently.

At a guess with his brother whose a Fremantle player or was
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:20 pm

The Central District Football Club is thrilled to announce the signing of the son-of-a-gun Tassie Devil and Clarence small forward, Jack Callinan.

Jack, aged 18, is a true chip off the old block, emerging as one of the craftiest small forwards not selected in this year’s draft pool. The son of former club legend Ian and the grandson of Tasmanian football Hall of Fame member Des James, Jack has managed to carve his own trail through the AFL talent pathway.

Callinan caught the eye of many scouts last year with his stellar performance for the Tasmania Devils, booting 21 goals in 15 games while also breaking through for senior footy with Clarence in the TSL. His feats were enough to earn him AFL Academy selection in 2023, and he duly turned out twice in national colors this year.

Football Manager Mark Ross had the following to say about Jack.

“It was a successful season of representative football for Jack, who also played all four games in the Allies title-winning Under 18 National Championships. But for the most part, he appeared in the Coates Talent League with 11 appearances, kicking 23 goals and earning a reputation as the elusive, clever, and goal-scoring small forward that all clubs look for.”

“Jack is also a very good cricketer, which has in the past inhibited him from completing a full pre-season of training. So, with the ability for him to get the extra runs under his belt before the 2024 SANFL season commences, we feel Jack will be in good shape for an exciting season.”

Please join us in welcoming Jack and the entire Callinan family back to the Ponderosa...
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby stampy » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:46 pm

oscar adams returns to the gfc from st kilda

198cm, key defender is just what we wanted
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Spargo » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:51 pm

stampy wrote:oscar adams returns to the gfc from st kilda

Real good get this one.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spargo » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:52 pm

stampy wrote:oscar adams returns to the gfc from st kilda

Real good get this one.
A couple more announcements at Brighton Rd imminent…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Hound » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:55 am

You would think with winning the Ressies the Tigers would keep a couple of spots open for local players than recruits, although some of the recruits are junior bay players coming back home.

Winning also makes it easier to entice players.

Genuine question, is ressies level same as VFL standard or VFL ahead but below SANFL standard?
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Trent Plucktrum » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:51 pm

Couple of Ins for the Roosters

Everyone knows i like a good in :D
and a bit of depth ;)

Luke Fellows
Height: 190cm
Weight: 84kg
Position: Midfield

Luke Fellows joins the Roosters after a successful season with Turvey Park in the AFL Riverina Football League. Luke won the Turvey Park 2023 best and fairest and was also judged best afield in the winning Grand Final. Prior to this year, Luke has been part of the GWS Academy program for 6 years and has played at VFL level with the Giants. Luke is a 190cm, hard running midfielder who accumulates the ball and is strong aerially. He has a strong work ethic and elite endurance, highlighted by recently winning our time trial to start the pre-season. A high-quality person, Luke will add size and versatility to our midfield squad with his ability to go forward and find the goals.

“Luke is a running machine who uses the ball well & can play inside or outside the contest. At 190cm, he will be able to play multiple roles for us. Coming from Wagga Wagga, Luke went through the GWS academy and has played VFL. Luke is a great person who wants to get the best out of himself and is very driven to be the best he can be. We are very excited to see what Luke can bring to the Roosters in season 2024. Welcome Luke & the family to the North Adelaide FC.” Senior Coach, Jacob Surjan

“I had a great time during the first week of pre-season, was awesome to get stuck into some solid training and to meet all the players and coaches. I can’t wait to come back in the new year to meet more of the Rooster family and to get cracking into, what we hope is a successful season for the Roosters.” Luke Fellows

Name: Brad Ashcroft
Height: 190cm
Weight: 88kg
Position: Forward

Brad Ashcroft was also a member of the Turvey Park winning premiership team in 2023. Brad had a strong year in the forward half, kicking 69 goals and was named centre half forward in the Riverina Football League team of the year. Prior to this, Brad has represented the NSW/ACT Riverina Football League combined team and been involved with the GWS Academy and VFL program. Brad is a strong, competitive forward who can finish his work in front of the goals. Brad covers the ground well for his size which gives him the ability to play multiple roles.

“Brad, like Luke is also from Wagga Wagga and is a 190cm Forward option who is very aggressive and loves getting after the opposition. Brad has strong hands and a beautiful kick for goal. Brad went through the GWS academy before returning home to play local football. Brad is super competitive and has great leadership qualities. We can’t wait to watch him develop with North Adelaide this coming season. Please welcome Brad and family to the Roosters.” Senior Coach, Jacob Surjan.

“It was great to get over and meet everyone for the first week of pre-season. Awesome bunch of players, coaches, and staff. Looking forward to moving over in the new year and launching into the 2024 season with the lads. Couldn’t be prouder to join such a successful club and look forward to playing alongside some high-quality footballers and improving my football under an excellent coaching group.” Brad Ashcroft

We would like to welcome Brad and Luke to the North Adelaide Football Club, and we look forward to watching them represent the Roosters in season 2024.
My Team

The Cocks
Trent Plucktrum
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:01 pm

Turvey Park has always been a good breeding ground! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby blueandwhite » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:16 pm

Pat Wilson to West Adelaide.. :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:16 pm

Disgraceful that Sturt have announced Patrick Wilson to West before they had a chance to ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby am Bays » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:Turvey Park has always been a good breeding ground! :lol:

Didnt know a footy club was named after a rugby league International and the first NSW SOO skipper winner
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:18 pm

It’s been a significant couple of days at the Ponderosa with the signing of Jack on Wednesday and today, we welcome the signing of Dayne Posthuma from Queanbeyan (ACT) and GWS (Academy/VFL).

Dayne, 19, is a 198cm tall defender. He represented the Allies in this year’s National U18 Championships and has drawn comparisons to the current Bulldog defender, Brinn Little, who made a significant impact on our club during the 2023 season.

In 2023, Posthuma played seven senior VFL games for GWS after starting the season with his home State club, Queanbeyan, in Canberra.

A strong and courageous defender with a reliable, at times thumping kick, Dayne will make it tough for his opponents to get hold of the footy.

Football Manager Mark Ross had the following to say about Dayne:

“Dayne will be crucial to our defense as he brings the extra centimeters we have lacked when playing against teams with multiple tall forward options. He can read the play in front of him well, defend first, and then use the ball effectively with his kick when we have it. This will make life easier for our midfielders and forwards.”

Welcome to the Doggies, Dayne!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby northerner » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:20 pm

Certainly more potential league players coming than going at the Dogs for 2024.
Tall defender is good, with the other recruits all offering pace in the midfield and up fwd.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby dedja » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:21 pm

I’m still trying to get used to Mark Ross being at Central.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Wolf Pack » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:41 pm

Is it true that Patrick Wilson is recovering from a serious knee injury and will miss a lot of season 2024?
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:46 am

Wolf Pack wrote:Is it true that Patrick Wilson is recovering from a serious knee injury and will miss a lot of season 2024?

I’ve read that elsewhere
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:00 am

Last time posted something like this you’d thought I’d shot Bambi but anywho

Can someone call SAPOL on 131444 and do a missing persons report on the South Recruiters?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby mots02 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:48 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:Is it true that Patrick Wilson is recovering from a serious knee injury and will miss a lot of season 2024?

There's probably someone on here with the knowledge to reveal that if they chose to.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 881 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL