Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:36 am

amber_fluid wrote:**** that was hard to read!

Not too proud to admit there's no dry eyes here mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:15 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:**** that was hard to read!

Not too proud to admit there's no dry eyes here mate.

Absolutely, still shaking now. You always put yourself in the parents position when you have kids around similar age, just cant imagine coping at all.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby dedja » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:59 am

The Commissioner is a class act.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:16 am

I've got boys around Charlie's age, and that letter could have been written about any of them. A few tears were shed here as well, I can't imagine how tough the Stevens family are doing it at the moment.
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Password Please » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:43 pm

God bless our children for all those that have them.
They are all different and hard work at times, but shit, they are loved and precious to all parents.
Sad story.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Domestic violence in general.

Really good friends of ours know the girl whose mum was murdered in Mod North. The house that it happened in is 800m from our house. Just horrific to think that the daughter walked in and saw her mum dead in their own house.

To be honest, I walked and drove past the house up to 5 times a day for 20 years and only recently realised there was a 'mum' in the house. Might have been timing, I don't know. I saw the 'dad' quite a few times, but the house was generally quiet with over-grown shrubbery till just recently. When it got cleared I thought they might finally be doing the place up a bit. Wrong.

FFS men, grow a set!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby dedja » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:14 pm

100%, it’s just pure cowardice.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:40 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:I've got boys around Charlie's age, and that letter could have been written about any of them. A few tears were shed here as well, I can't imagine how tough the Stevens family are doing it at the moment.

What I find most unfathomable, is that at some stage in the near future, that poor man is going to have to go back to work and keep reporting these statistics, as if nothing had happened.

It would be very easy for him to throw his hands in the air and this point and say "I give up" and just quietly, you wouldn't blame him if he did, after losing his own child to the very cause he's been fighting against for the last 10 years in the top job
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby dedja » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:45 pm

Similar to Rob Kelvin when he was a newsreader and his son was murdered,
dedja
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:49 pm

dedja wrote:Similar to Rob Kelvin when he was a newsreader and his son was murdered,

How he continued on in the job I’ll never know.
Horrific circumstances.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:27 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:I've got boys around Charlie's age, and that letter could have been written about any of them. A few tears were shed here as well, I can't imagine how tough the Stevens family are doing it at the moment.

What I find most unfathomable, is that at some stage in the near future, that poor man is going to have to go back to work and keep reporting these statistics, as if nothing had happened.

It would be very easy for him to throw his hands in the air and this point and say "I give up" and just quietly, you wouldn't blame him if he did, after losing his own child to the very cause he's been fighting against for the last 10 years in the top job

I think he’ll retire.

I drive past his home at least twice a day and they are getting heaps of support. Even a flower tribute that neighbours keep adding to at their front gate. I look everyday and my heart still skips a beat.

I have seen Grant thousands of times gardening, washing the car etc and, never realised it was him.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:07 am

Footy Chick wrote:

I reckon if I was in that boat, I'd take a sabbatical, and wind up somewhere quiet and totally out of the public eye. He's served his community brilliantly, no-one would begrudge him walking away.
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:09 am

I get the feeling that his sense of duty runs so deep he'll be back leading SAPOL in due course. He was just reappointed for a new term seeing him through as commissioner to July 2028.

Having said that, if he walks away from public duty he would do so with nothing but the best wishes of everyone in SA.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:09 am

Vamos wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:my childhood is disappearing before my eyes,
now it's not a cockle, it's a friggin' Pipi or a clam,
it's not a cray or crayfish it's a bloody yank named Lobster...........
what next? :D

Shit man, I'm late 40s and have heard those alternate descriptions for 20 years atleast.

Can't catch a Tommy Ruff any more
6 months of daylight savings

Adelaide is just a Victorian satellite city.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:24 am

Booney wrote:I get the feeling that his sense of duty runs so deep he'll be back leading SAPOL in due course. He was just reappointed for a new term seeing him through as commissioner to July 2028.

Having said that, if he walks away from public duty he would do so with nothing but the best wishes of everyone in SA.

Agree, he will see this as unfinished business, while you could understand if he walked away, if anything this will keep him going for longer
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:23 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Domestic violence in general.

Really good friends of ours know the girl whose mum was murdered in Mod North. The house that it happened in is 800m from our house. Just horrific to think that the daughter walked in and saw her mum dead in their own house.

To be honest, I walked and drove past the house up to 5 times a day for 20 years and only recently realised there was a 'mum' in the house. Might have been timing, I don't know. I saw the 'dad' quite a few times, but the house was generally quiet with over-grown shrubbery till just recently. When it got cleared I thought they might finally be doing the place up a bit. Wrong.

FFS men, grow a set!

He’s been found dead.
The poor 16 year old daughter has now lost both parents within a week.
So sad!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby dedja » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:26 pm

Yep, extreme cowardice. I will never understand those that take the lives of their close family, then themselves.

By all means, do the 2nd part without the 1st.

:twisted:
dedja
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:45 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
Vamos wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:my childhood is disappearing before my eyes,
now it's not a cockle, it's a friggin' Pipi or a clam,
it's not a cray or crayfish it's a bloody yank named Lobster...........
what next? :D

Shit man, I'm late 40s and have heard those alternate descriptions for 20 years atleast.

Can't catch a Tommy Ruff any more

I caught a few big ones last weekend at Peter's Port in Black Point,
dey woz delish!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

FFS men, grow a set!

He’s been found dead.
So sad!

I've been made aware she goes to a local high school near us. Friends of ours know her and are in the same classes as her.

There are a few things going on in the background which I won't divulge here but in the end, he should've just walked. Complete and utter coward.

For the daughter, she's lost two parents, who didn't necessarily get along to start with so her household was less than ideal, but this is the worst case scenario anyone could imagine. Poor kid. I wonder what long term damage this will have done to her mentally.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:12 am

gadj1976 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

FFS men, grow a set!

He’s been found dead.
So sad!

I've been made aware she goes to a local high school near us. Friends of ours know her and are in the same classes as her.

There are a few things going on in the background which I won't divulge here but in the end, he should've just walked. Complete and utter coward.

For the daughter, she's lost two parents, who didn't necessarily get along to start with so her household was less than ideal, but this is the worst case scenario anyone could imagine. Poor kid. I wonder what long term damage this will have done to her mentally.

You just hope the young girl has good family support moving forward.
Poor girl is going to need it.
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion