INS and OUTS for 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Postby RB » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:28 pm

Any idea whether their older cousins are going to leave with them?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:36 pm

RB wrote:Any idea whether their older cousins are going to leave with them?

If you mean Adelaide the article I saw on Facebook Adelaide are letting Port be the mouth and will follow port
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby arcadefire » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:57 pm

Eagles ins outs to date:

Ins: Luke McKay (Narrendera), Jack Boyd (Werribee)
Outs: Daniel Menzel (Retired), Jesse Lonergan (Retired), Jimmy Toumpas (Retired), Clay Cameron (QAFL), Mitch Hardie (Geelong), Riley Collier Dawkins (Williamstown) Kai Pudney (Centrals)
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 34 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:22 pm

whybother wrote:Ch7 report on 6pm news: Port reserves OUT for 2025. That's a good out for everybody.

Wonder what fee they will have to pay to leave, considering they are contracted to end of 2028
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:05 pm

A couple of weeks back I had heard that Will Gould had spoken to Norwood but that chatter has disappeared so I’m assuming he is back at the Bays?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:30 am

Jim05 wrote:A couple of weeks back I had heard that Will Gould had spoken to Norwood but that chatter has disappeared so I’m assuming he is back at the Bays?

Was at the SANFL GF with Bay mates & then played in the GFC golf day a couple of weeks ago. Considering his ties to the club & Glenelg losing 3 tall defenders this off season, I’d be surprised if he lined up for another SANFL club (if he doesn’t get a spot on an AFL list).
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Vamos » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:12 am

Spargo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:A couple of weeks back I had heard that Will Gould had spoken to Norwood but that chatter has disappeared so I’m assuming he is back at the Bays?

Was at the SANFL GF with Bay mates & then played in the GFC golf day a couple of weeks ago. Considering his ties to the club & Glenelg losing 3 tall defenders this off season, I’d be surprised if he lined up for another SANFL club (if he doesn’t get a spot on an AFL list).

Reckon he might be running around for the Crows next season, possibly against the Bays.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:06 am

Dutchy wrote:
whybother wrote:Ch7 report on 6pm news: Port reserves OUT for 2025. That's a good out for everybody.

Wonder what fee they will have to pay to leave, considering they are contracted to end of 2028

The toothless SANFL?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:36 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

The toothless SANFL?

The sanfl will probably help pay for them to leave
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby whybother » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:03 am

"Wonder what fee they will have to pay to leave, considering they are contracted to end of 2028"

It's always good to get the day started with a laugh
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:56 am

I note one of the arguments for this is to have the Bs play before the As like the good old days

I reckon there's more chance of an AFL game being preceeded by an AFLW game in the future - given the push for womens equality in sport

AFL reserves are more likely to played at the suburban grounds to save wear and ta ear on the main ovals so they dont become 80s and 90s bogs - I know drainage has improved.

Interesting dilema for the AFL do we make the AFLW competition proper like the NRL and have a full season that runs along side the mens and with a GF on the same day? or fund a reserves competition....

The only good thing about having an AFL reserves competition is to wait 5-10 years for Ports next excuse on why they are sh!t...

Kochy a smart media man - AFL reserves argument takes the heat off Kenny, their injury management programs and the fact they've got three Ferraris (JHF, Butters and Rozee) surrounded by a bunch of Datsun 120Ys...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:00 am

am Bays wrote:I note one of the arguments for this is to have the Bs play before the As like the good old days

I reckon there's more chance of an AFL game being preceeded by an AFLW game in the future - given the push for womens equality in sport

AFL reserves are more likely to played at the suburban grounds to save wear and ta ear on the main ovals so they dont become 80s and 90s bogs - I know drainage has improved.

Interesting dilema for the AFL do we make the AFLW competition proper like the NRL and have a full season that runs along side the mens and with a GF on the same day? or fund a reserves competition....

The only good thing about having an AFL reserves competition is to wait 5-10 years for Ports next excuse on why Kenny is still there.....

Kochy a smart media man - AFL reserves argument takes the heat off Kenny, their injury management programs and the fact they've got three Ferraris (JHF, Butters and Rozee) surrounded by a bunch of Datsun 120Ys...

Efa
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Vamos » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:05 am

am Bays wrote:I note one of the arguments for this is to have the Bs play before the As like the good old days

The only good thing about having an AFL reserves competition is to wait 5-10 years for Ports next excuse on why they are sh!t...

Geez you crap on :rolleyes:
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:40 am

NRLW starts the season later so their GF is the same time day as the men.
NRLW only has 10 teams and play 9 games (everyone once). The games aren’t at the same ground as the men and in fact most of the NRLW games are double headers at different city or state.
You might for instance have a women’s double header played in Canberra whilst the men’s sides are elsewhere
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:49 am

Jim05 wrote:

NRLW starts the season later so their GF is the same time day as the men.
NRLW only has 10 teams and play 9 games (everyone once). The games aren’t at the same ground as the men and in fact most of the NRLW games are double headers at different city or state.
You might for instance have a women’s double header played in Canberra whilst the men’s sides are elsewhere

I'm aware of the differences but irrespective of the codes their is going to be a pressure on boith teh NRL and AFL to make their competitions more like the mens, not exactly the same but more equitable. The first step will be full complement of clubs playing each other once so an extra seven weeks.

So I'm not sure an AFL reserves competition is an important as having a 17 round AFLW season and the costs involved at AFL House

<edit> the statement released by the SANFL confirmed as much, paraphrasing "we spoke to the AFL in June and they reiterated an AFL reserves competition was not a priority"
Last edited by am Bays on Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:56 am

Vamos wrote:

ha ha

You would've loved my comment I didnt post about me having more chance of coaching Port in 2025 than Kenny in response to MT79...

So Kochy wasnt anticipating the flooding the socials being flooded with Ports fans railing about the SANFL and how its dead and it wouldnt exist without us??

I've always loved that line from port fans crapping on about about the SANFL not existing with out us? My response to those "fans"

"So what were you doing for 120 years, playing with yourselves like you are now?"
am Bays
Coach

Postby Vamos » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:24 pm

am Bays wrote:
Vamos wrote:

ha ha

You would've loved my comment I didnt post about me having more chance of coaching Port in 2025 than Kenny in response to MT79...

So Kochy wasnt anticipating the flooding the socials being flooded with Ports fans railing about the SANFL and how its dead and it wouldnt exist without us??

I've always loved that line from port fans crapping on about about the SANFL not existing with out us? My response to those "fans"

"So what were you doing for 120 years, playing with yourselves like you are now?"

Refer to my previous post :lol:
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:07 pm

There is a more inappropriate thread ;)

Gazza will go spare when he reads all this in this thread
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby am Bays » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:09 pm

Ritchie Douglas a confirmed out for Glenelg from the coaching panel

Off to the GC Suns.

Thread back on track, maybe...
am Bays
Coach

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:20 pm

Saw this from the eagles
The Woodville West Torrens Football Club will welcome home Eagles junior Nathan Barkla for season 2024.

19 year old Barkla was a member of our 2021 U18s Premiership team, and through Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy was selected as a Category B rookie at the 2022 Rookie Draft - going on to play 18 League SANFL games for Port.

We look forward to the midfielder/defender having a big impact for the Eagles in 2024.

Join us in welcoming home Nathan Barkla.

#EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly #FlyWithUs2024
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL