PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:53 am

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but no one cared when other clubs had to be the whipping girls to Eyre during their dominance across both A/B grade the last however many years.. should make them stay in the top flight, regardless of who they've lost.

Also my understanding is they've all gone to EP - who have 4x sides this year - and only one C grade girl went to Fitzroy.

Unfortunately the dominance of Eyre Royals, and the lack of effort put in to level the competition playing field over the years has decimated the women's competition. Interesting that the one season where they're finally pitted against themselves in A/B grade, the B grade win, and the fall out is their girls all walk away.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4018 times

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:Unpopular opinion perhaps, but no one cared when other clubs had to be the whipping girls to Eyre during their dominance across both A/B grade the last however many years.. should make them stay in the top flight, regardless of who they've lost.

Also my understanding is they've all gone to EP - who have 4x sides this year - and only one C grade girl went to Fitzroy.

Unfortunately the dominance of Eyre Royals, and the lack of effort put in to level the competition playing field over the years has decimated the women's competition. Interesting that the one season where they're finally pitted against themselves in A/B grade, the B grade win, and the fall out is their girls all walk away.

Don't think that's too unpopular. Most would agree, they had their time in the sun, one year as the whipping girls won't hurt too much.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5602 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:27 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Unpopular opinion perhaps, but no one cared when other clubs had to be the whipping girls to Eyre during their dominance across both A/B grade the last however many years.. should make them stay in the top flight, regardless of who they've lost.

Don't think that's too unpopular. Most would agree, they had their time in the sun, one year as the whipping girls won't hurt too much.

There lies the problem, the girls that will be getting whipped didn’t have their time in the sun, there’s no right or wrong solution, it’s just astounding how it all imploded beyond repair.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:There lies the problem, the girls that will be getting whipped didn’t have their time in the sun.

Neither did my girls during the years we fielded a side... 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:There lies the problem, the girls that will be getting whipped didn’t have their time in the sun.

Neither did my girls during the years we fielded a side... 8)

Yep, or Smithfield when they were a C grade team at best.
The Royals will win the B Grade flag still.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby Lucky For Some » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

There lies the problem, the girls that will be getting whipped didn’t have their time in the sun, there’s no right or wrong solution, it’s just astounding how it all imploded beyond repair.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should have gone down either, they are still the current premiers.

No going to argue Bedge as you probably have better info than I.
Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo shorts since 'Nam!
Lucky For Some
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:49 am

I'm not after an argument. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby OKC! » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:10 am

The Bedge wrote:I'm not after an argument. :lol:

That's a first
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:20 am

CBF 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:39 pm

So the fun and games has commenced this season. First forfeit in grade 1 this round.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:29 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:So the fun and games has commenced this season. First forfeit in grade 1 this round.

EP forfeited both of their grades!!! Shambles
whufc
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:24 pm

Go from winning outright to forfeiting.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby OKC! » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:11 am

Great game against Dublin on the weekend.

Good spirits the whole day, bit of banter back and forth. Its been a while since i have been out to that ground (15 years i think) and it looks in great condition with nice little club room. Look forward to seeing the lads later this season.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby OKC! » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:58 pm

Ok, so after emailing Para Districts regarding the one day By-Laws, i found out some interesting info that i can almost guarantee has not been followed for the majority of games.

No 1) There must be a 25 meter circle marked out. 2 fielders inside for the first 10 and max 5 outside for the rest of the time. Failure to mark this line each game will result in a forfeit!

No 2) all leg sides are wides.

No 3) There are free hits for no ball front foots and full tosses over the waist.

I was of the understanding that these were always things that were assumed, but no one really played them all.

Was this everyone else's understanding? Since finding out this during the week, we have marked the circle, and i will be enforcing these laws at the toss for each game we play.

Thoughts?
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 pm

OKC! wrote:Ok, so after emailing Para Districts regarding the one day By-Laws, i found out some interesting info that i can almost guarantee has not been followed for the majority of games.

No 1) There must be a 25 meter circle marked out. 2 fielders inside for the first 10 and max 5 outside for the rest of the time. Failure to mark this line each game will result in a forfeit!

No 3) There are free hits for no ball front foots and full tosses over the waist.

I was of the understanding that these were always things that were assumed, but no one really played them all.

Was this everyone else's understanding? Since finding out this during the week, we have marked the circle, and i will be enforcing these laws at the toss for each game we play.

Thoughts?

When i left the comp about 7 years ago they were the rules in div 1.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the 'circle' rule. Mainly because it just adds more pressure on the volunteers, not that its hard to do but still. Has little impact on a game and in general most teams naturally abide by the rule. Also in grades without proper umpires its not really going to be enforced keeping in mind you can start outside the circle but have to be in when the bowler bowls the ball (that's my understanding)

Leg side wides is good imo and makes umpiring a hell of a lot easier, none of that dubious how far down leg is a wide etc. Makes umpiring more consistent and that can only be a good thing especially in lower grades without umpires. Albeit the extras mount up which makes the game a bit longer.
whufc
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:16 pm

OKC! wrote:Ok, so after emailing Para Districts regarding the one day By-Laws, i found out some interesting info that i can almost guarantee has not been followed for the majority of games.

Thoughts?
1) neither here nor there
2) 100% should be but is never followed
3) would be fun to do but have never seen it followed.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:19 pm

auto wrote:

Thoughts?

Imagine the batting teams own umpire just calling random no-balls for free hits.

Could only be in the grades with neutral umpires
whufc
Coach

Postby OKC! » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:27 pm

auto wrote:

Thoughts?

1) 3 teams i have spoken to have said that they have had an instance either their team or the opposition having 6 or 7 on the boundary late in games, so this should be policed IMO.

2) agreed, but if both captains are confirming each match, shouldn't be an issue.

3) this can create a bit of an avenue to cheat for sure. I guess you will find out the teams that regularly do it,

I have no problem these being tweaked to suit the game with no umps etc, but as of this year they are in the bylaws, and I will be making sure that we follow them when we play for both sides. In Grade 1 anyway. Id find it hard to press for a forfeit if no circle, but it can decide a match.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:30 pm

Sort of on subject a unique rule i found when playing in the Stanley comp was that they had a rule which state a team was not allowed to have more than 5 fielders on the leg side at any point of the innings.

Was their 'version' of having an inner circle rule when it became too hard for clubs to make sure the inner circle was done and the fact no teams would police as given the fact fielders could start outside the circle when the ball commenced his run up but had to be in by the time the bowler bowled. The circles weren't always the most visible etc. and it was reliant on square leg seeing and making the call which is often the umpiring positions for newer or younger players.

The ring at Eastern Park when it used to be enforced was funny because you were three quarters of the way to the boundary if you stayed on the edge of the ring haha.
whufc
Coach

Postby OKC! » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:45 pm

whufc wrote:Sort of on subject a unique rule i found when playing in the Stanley comp was that they had a rule which state a team was not allowed to have more than 5 fielders on the leg side at any point of the innings.

Was their 'version' of having an inner circle rule when it became too hard for clubs to make sure the inner circle was done and the fact no teams would police as given the fact fielders could start outside the circle when the ball commenced his run up but had to be in by the time the bowler bowled. The circles weren't always the most visible etc. and it was reliant on square leg seeing and making the call which is often the umpiring positions for newer or younger players.

The ring at Eastern Park when it used to be enforced was funny because you were three quarters of the way to the boundary if you stayed on the edge of the ring haha.

Fairly sure that 5 player law is a normal law in international cricket.

It is in the Big bash for sure.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps