Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby tipper » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:56 pm

**** me adelaide public transport sucks donkey balls.

First, bus was late, which just means its packed when it does turn up.

Which means it stips literally every stop, and everyone has to squeeze around to let people off.

Its taken me nearly an hour to go from the middle of the cbd, to north adelaide. Mostly cos i was stationary waiting for the frigging bus!!

So i spat the dummy and got off the bus. The wife can come collect me from the caledonian.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:33 am

Looting has begun in Maui, some people being robbed at gunpoint.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:23 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Looting has begun in Maui, some people being robbed at gunpoint.

surprised it took that long
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Kahuna » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:19 pm

What's left to loot? Food, fuel,water?
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:53 am

Electricity rates going up again in September. Huge increase.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby stan » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:20 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Electricity rates going up again in September. Huge increase.
Who are you with and what increase are they hitting you with?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:28 pm

stan wrote:
Who are you with and what increase are they hitting you with?

EnergyAustalia

Peak rates up 8 cents
Off peak up 9 cents
Supply up 10 cents

About a 20% increase.

I’ve got solar so I’m not too fussed but I do feel for people who are doing it tough currently.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Vamos » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:11 pm

Been hearing this for a year or more now but TBH I'm not seeing any massive change in my bills. I pay into the electricity account once a month after payday which stays on top of it, reckon 5 years ago I was paying $120 p/m, now I pay $190 p/m. That increase was also due to the big reduction of solar feed in tariff, but the way it was reported, I was preparing to have to put in $300p/m.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:15 pm

Vamos wrote:

Been hearing this for a year or more now but TBH I'm not seeing any massive change in my bills. I pay into the electricity account once a month after payday which stays on top of it, reckon 5 years ago I was paying $120 p/m, now I pay $190 p/m. That increase was also due to the big reduction of solar feed in tariff, but the way it was reported, I was preparing to have to put in $300p/m.

I’m actually the same, I expected a big bill for this quarter as we’ve used the heater and dryer more than normal but it was less than last year in the same quarter
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:48 am

I agree but my issue with this is that I work from home and the increases aren't included in the ATO calculations. I might need to invest in an off site office and do the tax reductions through that.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Vamos » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:07 pm

No good for company supplied equipment, rather the 80c back.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:29 pm

Chomping on an Allens party mix and you get a black cat :YMSICK: :YMSICK: :YMSICK: ******* vile
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Pseudo » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:59 pm

I make a sustained effort to have the ugliest avatar on SAfooty, and then @Armchair expert trumps * me with his latest avatar.

* pun not intended!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:32 pm

Internode.

Apparently Internode (and iiNet, and TPG) is wrapping up its email service this year. Reading their website, current users can nominate to have their email migrated to a dedicated email company before a certain date, and keep the username@internode.on.net email address. This will be free for a year - and then it's going to cost. If you don't nominate by a certain time, then your email will be disabled, and deleted by November.

I heard about this by overhearing a conversation in the office. I received no email from internode, no letter, no SMS, no nothing about this. Nor did the guy I overheard; he heard about it from his parents.

The shitfulness of this is manifold:
- Internode is divesting a service but not decreasing its cost.
- Ultimately having to pay extra for email is untenable, particularly when there are plenty of free email services out there.
- Changing to a new email address is a right royal pain in the arse; I have numerous accounts registered with my Internode address (think utilities, superannuation, subscriptions ... pretty much everything) and now I have to change each and every one.
- I called Internode support to get info. The bloke I spoke to sounded like a Filipino. Clearly Internode has outsourced its tech support. Not a good thing. I'm still waiting for the info he promised to send.
- Most of all: if I hadn't eavedropped on a conversation at work, I'd be none the wiser, and some time in November my account would simply disappear in a puff of ethernet and I'd be rooted.

Rant over...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:04 pm

Pseudo wrote:Internode.

Apparently Internode (and iiNet, and TPG) is wrapping up its email service this year. Reading their website, current users can nominate to have their email migrated to a dedicated email company before a certain date, and keep the username@internode.on.net email address. This will be free for a year - and then it's going to cost. If you don't nominate by a certain time, then your email will be disabled, and deleted by November.

I heard about this by overhearing a conversation in the office. I received no email from internode, no letter, no SMS, no nothing about this. Nor did the guy I overheard; he heard about it from his parents.

- Ultimately having to pay extra for email is untenable, particularly when there are plenty of free email services out there.
- Changing to a new email address is a right royal pain in the arse; I have numerous accounts registered with my Internode address (think utilities, superannuation, subscriptions ... pretty much everything) and now I have to change each and every one.
- I called Internode support to get info. The bloke I spoke to sounded like a Filipino. Clearly Internode has outsourced its tech support. Not a good thing. I'm still waiting for the info he promised to send.
- Most of all: if I hadn't eavedropped on a conversation at work, I'd be none the wiser, and some time in November my account would simply disappear in a puff of ethernet and I'd be rooted.

Rant over...
Mine is via iinet from a former Adelaide based internet provider and also been told sweet FA about this. Some poor bastard might be copping an ear full soon....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:08 pm

IInet, Internode and TPG are owned by Vodafone.

The call centre is in Capetown. Yep.

I have changed to Hotmail (that and Gmail are rated 1/2 in most reviews).

Once I am confident that I have changed all my email accounts to my new address I will give them the flick (IInet) and switch to Aussie Broadband.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 pm

Pseudo wrote:I make a sustained effort to have the ugliest avatar on SAfooty, and then @Armchair expert trumps * me with his latest avatar.

* pun not intended!

Simply use any Chris McDermott pic and you will be back in business.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:16 pm

heater31 wrote:

Rant over...
Mine is via iinet from a former Adelaide based internet provider and also been told sweet FA about this. Some poor bastard might be copping an ear full soon....

I’m with iinet and got an email 2 weeks ago.
I migrated across last week to the company suggested.
After 6 months I’ll go elsewhere but couldn’t be bothered doing it right now.

The email from them says you have to do it before 11/9 otherwise you could lose your email data.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Keefy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:32 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Rant over...

The email from them says you have to do it before 11/9 otherwise you could lose your email data.
I'm with netspace/iinet and have until 2nd October to do the change.

Have been my provider for 14 years and have to go through the same crap.

Might be looking at a new provider next year if have to pay for the email service

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:53 am

Keefy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Rant over...

I'm with netspace/iinet and have until 2nd October to do the change.

Have been my provider for 14 years and have to go through the same crap.

Might be looking at a new provider next year if have to pay for the email service

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Since iinet took over Internode, everything has gone downhill, email just being one aspect. We use Internode email address as our primary email address but I'll be stuffed paying for it.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion