2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby jo172 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:48 pm

Morell myths that you need an acl to play 200 games?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:30 pm

Congrats Morgan, but no Mawson Lakes side named? Will they rock up?

Hackham with no B grade this week either, and no A grade side named.. will they rock up?

Two weeks in a row now Ingle Farm B grade have had home games forfeited, makes it hard to generate atmosphere but more importantly revenue through bar / canteen / bbq sales.

Side note, raises serious concerns how long clubs like Hackham, Mawsons, Brahma, Smithfield etc can survive long term.

D7 is shit
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:Congrats Morgan, but no Mawson Lakes side named? Will they rock up?

Hackham with no B grade this week either, and no A grade side named.. will they rock up?

Two weeks in a row now Ingle Farm B grade have had home games forfeited, makes it hard to generate atmosphere but more importantly revenue through bar / canteen / bbq sales.

Side note, raises serious concerns how long clubs like Hackham, Mawsons, Brahma, Smithfield etc can survive long term.

D7 is shit

Farmers won’t have to worry about Div 7 next year so just get to the end of the season.

#10 is a good lad Bedge
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:39 pm

Still long way to go, and genuinely like majority of the sides in the grade - the teams that make the GF and who wins it, will have earned it that’s for sure.

Would hope we move out of D7 - it’s just no good.. the umpires and the depth in particular.. easy to be caught in a rut.

Do like the scheduling format of D7 though with 8 teams and the two group pools last three rounds.

Maybe time for D6 and D7 to be one grade though.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:34 pm

Farmers fall in over Hackman.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:49 pm

I get it was 25-30 years ago, however it’s hard to comprehend how clubs like Hackham in particular were arguably in the top 10 overall football clubs in this state. Throw Marion in that conversation. It’s amazing how the wheel turns…
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:37 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I get it was 25-30 years ago, however it’s hard to comprehend how clubs like Hackham in particular were arguably in the top 10 overall football clubs in this state. Throw Marion in that conversation. It’s amazing how the wheel turns…

It's a bit sad to be honest. Hackham forfeited the B grade and could only field 19 players in the A grade.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Farva » Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:34 pm

I think Hackham will be fine and will come up with 2 teams for this weeks game against Lonsdale. They have a big past players day lined up and some of their players may not have wanted to travel out to Ingle Farm to get pumped by a team that is clearly of a much higher caliber than every other Division 7 team. As much as the Bedge likes to deflect the standard of Ingle Farm they are clearly the best team and will win the flag by 10 goals minimum.
Farva
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:10 am

Farva wrote:I think Hackham will be fine and will come up with 2 teams for this weeks game against Lonsdale. They have a big past players day lined up and some of their players may not have wanted to travel out to Ingle Farm to get pumped by a team that is clearly of a much higher caliber than every other Division 7 team. As much as the Bedge likes to deflect the standard of Ingle Farm they are clearly the best team and will win the flag by 10 goals minimum.

They'll need to find an additional 24 players.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:49 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Farva wrote:I think Hackham will be fine and will come up with 2 teams for this weeks game against Lonsdale. They have a big past players day lined up and some of their players may not have wanted to travel out to Ingle Farm to get pumped by a team that is clearly of a much higher caliber than every other Division 7 team. As much as the Bedge likes to deflect the standard of Ingle Farm they are clearly the best team and will win the flag by 10 goals minimum.

They'll need to find an additional 24 players.

they'll always miraculously appear for a local game
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Chappy » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:42 am

Its a bit pissweak to not travel because you were going to get belted. They used to be "Culture" days once upon a time.
Footy has changed. I hope that is not the reason
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby holdy2323 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:42 am

Chappy wrote:

Its a bit pissweak to not travel because you were going to get belted. They used to be "Culture" days once upon a time.

They probably didn’t wanna come down due to the fear of getting jumped in car park or followed and beaten up at a petrol station
holdy2323
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Sticks28 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:56 am

holdy2323 wrote:
Chappy wrote:

They probably didn’t wanna come down due to the fear of getting jumped in car park or followed and beaten up at a petrol station

That's rich seeing as though there from hackham...
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Chappy » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:56 am

holdy2323 wrote:
Chappy wrote:

Haha There's a couple clubs I've felt that way (Including one damaged car attempting to get the valuables bag). Not IF though
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby beef » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:13 pm

holdy2323 wrote:
Chappy wrote:

Didnt that happen at Para Hills last week? i thought it was one of Para Hills players but i may have the story around the wrong way, surprised nothing was mentioned on here already. Unless i missed it
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby RHM 17 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:52 pm

beef wrote:
holdy2323 wrote:
Chappy wrote:

Didnt that happen at Para Hills last week? i thought it was one of Para Hills players but i may have the story around the wrong way, surprised nothing was mentioned on here already. Unless i missed it

Yes it did happen 3 weeks ago....para hills b grader set upon by some opposition b graders during a grade game
RHM 17
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:20 am

Are you saying it happened against IF then???
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby holdy2323 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:31 am

whufc wrote:Are you saying it happened against IF then???

Yep
Also I’m hearing something might of happened in car park after Mawson lakes game.
holdy2323
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:22 pm

They probably didn’t wanna come down due to the fear of getting jumped in car park or followed and beaten up at a petrol station[/quote]
Didnt that happen at Para Hills last week? i thought it was one of Para Hills players but i may have the story around the wrong way, surprised nothing was mentioned on here already. Unless i missed it[/quote]

Ingle Farm aren't that sort of club someone is telling fibs :shock:
MarionPremers2018

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby carey » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:18 am

How many is Weetra on now?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times