PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:51 am

whufc wrote:Luckily we have a rule because of the distance between teams that if the pitch is unplayable at 11am both teams can agree to call it off, so you don't go wasting your time travelling..

Most clubs are pretty good with that - our B grade captain contacted Virginia before the game and they called it so they didn't have to come down, similarly with our C grade and A grade who went and inspected the pitches and sent photos around.

Only club I've really found that is dead set on playing is Eyre Royals.. i'm still filthy they made me sit around until 3pm the other season while it pissed down outside. Wankers. 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:04 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Luckily we have a rule because of the distance between teams that if the pitch is unplayable at 11am both teams can agree to call it off, so you don't go wasting your time travelling..

Most clubs are pretty good with that - our B grade captain contacted Virginia before the game and they called it so they didn't have to come down, similarly with our C grade and A grade who went and inspected the pitches and sent photos around.

Only club I've really found that is dead set on playing is Eyre Royals.. i'm still filthy they made me sit around until 3pm the other season while it pissed down outside. Wankers. 8)

Exactly with technology these days no excuses if the pitch is poor in the morning to not be able to work out. In our league if you truly believe the other team is pulling a dodgy one you can send one player up there and they can take their own photos, videos and put it into the league as a complaint. Never seen anyone do that do.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:15 am

The Bedge wrote:

Did you buy a beer?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Did you buy a beer?

Be rude not to :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:21 am

The Bedge wrote:

Well that's why they kept you around :lol:

$5 a beer is pretty good going though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:I hate PlayHq
PlayHQ is dogshit. Not they crisp hard fresh dogshit on a nicely cut lawn. More like a steaming turd with lots of flies and runny as fukc.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Well that's why they kept you around :lol:

$5 a beer is pretty good going though.

And he didn't only buy one beer that day. If play got underway that day would have been interesting to see how most of the players handled it after a few.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:39 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
And he didn't only buy one beer that day. If play got underway that day would have been interesting to see how most of the players handled it after a few.

I won't comment or pass judgement on that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:03 pm

Entertaining round coming up should the weather hold out.

Grade 1 sees Dublin host Westies while Angle Vale travels to Craigmore. Both should be very close games as both Westies and Angle Vale are far more suited to the two day games, Dublin and Angle Vale for mine.

Virginia in a canter over Eastern Park despite chucking some kids up the order and giving their usual bowlers a rest.

Grade 2 will see 3 close games, a flip of the coin for the Enfield vs Royals clash. Can Adam Gully produce a similar spell as what he did against ATCO? Nav and Channa hold the keys as well to a Enfield victory. Royals are a more rounded side with 5 or 6 players that can produce a decent score their day, thier bowling can be a bit wayward too despite having many bowling options, Cam to collect a few wickets on the big Earwig ground.

The battle for who is the strongest team in the Parafield Gardens LGA will be a ripper, both teams have a lot of enthusiasm and can produce on their day. I wouldn't underestimate Westies either in their game against ATCO, they boast a strong batting line up and can post a total, ATCO scored at a decent rate last week though and are used of playing on a big ground.

LO1's, Vista, NEK and the Units comfortably, Hazara will get the jitters out Norf, Smithfield to get the biscuits, Nugget, Moss and Gravy to cash in.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:29 am

Should we just write the season off and call it a day....

Potentially more rain forecast this Saturday.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:27 am

whufc wrote:Should we just write the season off and call it a day....

Yes, I'm over it.

Wont rain this weekend. Light forecast showers, wont impact matches.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:35 am

The Bedge wrote:

Yes, I'm over it.

Wont rain this weekend. Light forecast showers, wont impact matches.

Pretty much add 10ml on to anything they forecast at the moment. :lol: :lol:

Possible shower was forecast for clare today and we already have got 4ml :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:34 pm

Potentially more rain forecast this Saturday.
Bigger shame when a home side don’t want to travel 5 mins up Phillip Hwy to play on a perfect deck when theirs was too wet. No rule against it but pretty poor form.

Club ended up helping Angle Vale Ds and Enfield Cs get a full game in on Mofflin, which was appreciated by them all.. i hope.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:40 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Club ended up helping Angle Vale Ds and Enfield Cs get a full game in on Mofflin, which was appreciated by them all.. i hope.

We certainly appreciated your clubs hospitality, with an already disrupted season our C grade were chomping at the bit to get a game in - even if the match only went for a couple hours and was a day for the bowlers. :lol:

Pity I can't say the same for our D grade who rolled up, played 4 overs then quit.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:57 pm

Problem this season is when it rains, it absolutely pelts down, 10 minute showers now drench everything.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Problem this season is when it rains, it absolutely pelts down, 10 minute showers now drench everything.

Yeah pretty much what happened Saturday at our ground - heavy down pour for 10min was enough to kill the game.

Although had we started at 1pm instead of Eyre being a pack of soft cocks, we probably would've been in a position to actually wait around and dry the pitch and get a result.. unfortunately 26 overs in when the rain came, never would've got the pitch right before the time cut off to continue. Plus was hard enough getting Royals to start the game, would've been near on impossible to get them to resume after some rain.

Another wasted Saturday.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:10 pm

Must add though, whilst the umpire was good, he certainly had no interest in moving the game along either to catch up time lost.

Actually I should take some responsibility - I could've bowled spinners earlier to get through overs quicker and reach the min 28 overs before the rain hit.

**** cricket anyway, shit sport full of shit people. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:Must add though, whilst the umpire was good, he certainly had no interest in moving the game along either to catch up time lost.

He had the shirt off as quick as a flash. Surely you could've persuaded Cam to start on time, I thought you were better than that.

Wasn't the problem the run ups? You were always going to bowl first and they were always going to bat first, did you offer that solution?

Either way, Cam would've been rubbing his hands together knowing he'd get his 8 overs and probably early.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Must add though, whilst the umpire was good, he certainly had no interest in moving the game along either to catch up time lost.

He had the shirt off as quick as a flash. Surely you could've persuaded Cam to start on time, I thought you were better than that.

Wasn't the problem the run ups? You were always going to bowl first and they were always going to bat first, did you offer that solution?

Either way, Cam would've been rubbing his hands together knowing he'd get his 8 overs and probably early.

I tried to persuade Cam to start on time - it was hard enough getting him to start at 1:45pm.. he buckled coz i was getting agro haha!

I told him we would bowl first - said that at 12:30.. then he said he wanted to toss the coin - won the toss and debated what to do - I politely told him if he elected to bowl after his carry on and concern over run ups, I would lose my shit. :lol:

End of the day he did what he thought was right by his team, I shouldn't be cranky, was just a crap day overall and I was tired and frustrated.. little did I realise that an abandoned A grade game would be the least of my concerns from Saturday, as I continue to deal with the fall out from our D grade debacle. :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:33 pm

Anyway, moving on - looking at the scores, seems some very low totals on the weekend! So many scores below 100 - and several below 50!

NEK in LO3 dodging a bullet, being rolled for 47 and Union were 2/31 off 11 before the rain hit!

Craigmore in LO3 also got away with a draw when staring down the barrel of defeat.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps