Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:51 pm

I think playhq is the worst site on the internet, I'd love to know who is making bank from the change from mycricket sportingpulse etc.

absolute pile of dogcrap imo
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Barkeroo » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:20 pm

Shark_Hunter wrote:
caleb777 wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:Is YouTube the only way to get to the Frogbox streams?

Looks like the SACA youtube page has 3 live streams but no live scoring. What happened to Match Centre? That was awesome as you could see the highlights.

There is some issue with linking Frog Box to PlayHQ I think, they expect to have the scores on the stream by R2 or 3. Agree about March Centre, was a great setup and used it all the time. Live scores and score cards still on myCricket.

Are they? Can't seem to find them anywhere
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Aerie » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:40 pm

Barkeroo wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:
caleb777 wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:Is YouTube the only way to get to the Frogbox streams?

Looks like the SACA youtube page has 3 live streams but no live scoring. What happened to Match Centre? That was awesome as you could see the highlights.

There is some issue with linking Frog Box to PlayHQ I think, they expect to have the scores on the stream by R2 or 3. Agree about March Centre, was a great setup and used it all the time. Live scores and score cards still on myCricket.

Are they? Can't seem to find them anywhere

You might need to use the MyCricket app. It seems like the web version doesn’t have the current season available, but the app version is up to date. Hopefully they sort it soon including scores on frogbox.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby bulldogproud » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:35 pm

Armchair expert wrote:I think playhq is the worst site on the internet, I'd love to know who is making bank from the change from mycricket sportingpulse etc.

absolute pile of dogcrap imo

'Play' needs to be replaced by 'far' and then the following 'h' is silent.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:18 pm

Where on earth do we find scorecards for Grade Cricket on Playhq
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Brodlach » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:32 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Where on earth do we find scorecards for Grade Cricket on Playhq

This link will give you the team scores

https://www.playhq.com/cricket-australi ... 3/7b31fc2b
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:37 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Where on earth do we find scorecards for Grade Cricket on Playhq

You can't because it sucks.

You can find the scorecards using the Mycricket app...wont work on desktop only the app.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:21 pm

Armchair expert wrote:

You can find the scorecards using the Mycricket app...wont work on desktop only the app.

I know it is a new system and will take time to sort issues out, but so far we have gone backwards :shock:

The SACA Premier Match Centre was brilliant, could watch every replay of wickets in all 1st and 2nd Grade game, now where do you see them??

Give Joel Cross something to fix this week :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby caleb777 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:45 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

I know it is a new system and will take time to sort issues out, but so far we have gone backwards :shock:

The SACA Premier Match Centre was brilliant, could watch every replay of wickets in all 1st and 2nd Grade game, now where do you see them??

100% agree. We have gone absolutely backwards. The Match Centre was a fantastic platform. One really should wonder who the hell is running Play HQ and what dirt they have on every sport to get them to sign up to their half arsed system.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:21 pm

Its a huge con Playhq is a joke
southernbulldog
Reserves

Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:22 am

southernbulldog wrote:Its a huge con Playhq is a joke

It doesn't let you nominate a wicket-keeper, you can't print official team sheets off it and you can't find out who the umpires are for the match.
We found a number of malfunctions with the scoring system as well today; at one time it swallowed a whole over, jumping straight from 15 to 17.
I also can't understand why you have to nominate a code for each match.
The best scoring system ever was Total Cricket Scorer. My Cricket was starting to reach this standard.
Word is that PlayHQ is only being used because a certain former cricket administrator is a major investor in it.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby The Hound » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:49 am

The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:51 am

:lol: :lol: How dodgy is that - Sutherland and CA claiming they "had nothing to do with it" when their tender was granted!!
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:59 am

Minimum Chips wrote:

[emoji38] [emoji38] How dodgy is that - Sutherland and CA claiming they "had nothing to do with it" when their tender was granted!!
From the outsiders view... that tender selection process is more bent that a NSW Cop in the 80's!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Shark_Hunter » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:36 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Match Centre won't be operational this season from what I've heard - planning to have it back for next season.
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:14 am

Shark_Hunter wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Match Centre won't be operational this season from what I've heard - planning to have it back for next season.

What a joke :evil:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 pm

Shark_Hunter wrote:Match Centre won't be operational this season from what I've heard - planning to have it back for next season.

Oh no! Six months of Saturday night plans go up in smoke

Might have to rekindle that social life I vaguely remember
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Gosaints » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:25 pm

Brodlach wrote:Wes Agar, Redbacks rookie Aidan Cahill and Tasmanian (BBL Hobart Hurricanes) Josh Kann all Jets recruits

anyone know what happened at Salisbury oval. I see play commenced after an issue with the ground, however play discontinued soon after the 1st innings score was passed. With no further rain I assume the ground was considered safe to play.

huge dollars spent and in the most important season for many years and clubs pull the pin early with plenty time left in the game.

surely time playing with the recruits for some of the younger players would be invaluable regardless of the game situation.

I guess no amount of money and recruits can buy culture.
Gosaints
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:34 pm

Are you basing that on mycricket

Presumption is maybe the live score haven't fully updated.

I know in ATCA half the games still show they are love anywhere from 20 overs to 60 overs in, they don't seem to be communicating to well
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:26 pm

Gosaints wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Wes Agar, Redbacks rookie Aidan Cahill and Tasmanian (BBL Hobart Hurricanes) Josh Kann all Jets recruits

anyone know what happened at Salisbury oval. I see play commenced after an issue with the ground, however play discontinued soon after the 1st innings score was passed. With no further rain I assume the ground was considered safe to play.

huge dollars spent and in the most important season for many years and clubs pull the pin early with plenty time left in the game.

surely time playing with the recruits for some of the younger players would be invaluable regardless of the game situation.

I guess no amount of money and recruits can buy culture.

I heard that play didn't start until around 3pm and only 5 overs were played. I am led to believe the pitch was fine but there were some wet patches on the square. Apparently ND had no interest in putting any work in to the get the area playable so Sturt made them wait around until play got started. ND only needed a couple of quick wickets and they would have been right into the lower order/tail. I heard it was the Sturt people who put some work in on the square as ND were just sitting around with Cosi and their captain continually lobbying the umps to call it off. Obviously Sturt were keen to get the 20 points given all the games at Park 25 and elsewhere got away, which they are absolutely entitled to do. They peeled off the remaining 28 in 5 overs without losing any wickets and then play stopped. Probably walked off given no time for a further result and Sturt's NRR is pretty good with only losing 4 wickets and going at over 4 runs per over?
Yes - a lot of money spent to be bowled out for 135!!
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps