Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Divers » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:01 pm

Meanwhile im hearing more kids heading to gsfl next year even some committee members kids :roll: :roll: :roll: 14 games over 5+ months
Mclaren and willy are going to need 2 teams in each grade
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Divers » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:06 pm

For the first time since 2015 we will have anew premier
Divers

Postby DOC » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:13 pm

Good for the comp.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby Anatidae » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:20 pm

Watched a bit of Div 2/3 Prelims & also Southern Finals on livestream/video. The ball movement & body shapes (overall) are significantly different…(maybe the league ovals helped ball movement in AdFL). The gap on the SFL sadly appears to continue to widen.

https://www.dartfish.tv/ChannelHome?CR=p132071
Anatidae
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby KegLeg » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:03 pm

While it’s great we’re gonna have a new premier, it seems appropriate to congratulate Flaggies on an extraordinary run. 6 flags in a row is phenomenal. Great club with a great set up and has clearly forced the top teams in the comp to get better which is great. I disagree with the previous comment. Different game styles but in my opinion the top 3 or 4 would hold their own in first couple of divisions in the ADFL. Probably unsurprisingly all of Reynella, Morphett Vale and Flaggies have exceptional junior programs also.
KegLeg
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby DOC » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:10 pm

I would think they would be around Div 3. Unfortunately I think the SFL is doomed.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:13 am

Congratulations Samuel Whitbread Reynella A grade medal and Ryan Hocking Noarlunga B grade medal and birth of his first child yesterday.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:13 am

KegLeg wrote:While it’s great we’re gonna have a new premier, it seems appropriate to congratulate Flaggies on an extraordinary run. 6 flags in a row is phenomenal. Great club with a great set up and has clearly forced the top teams in the comp to get better which is great. I disagree with the previous comment. Different game styles but in my opinion the top 3 or 4 would hold their own in first couple of divisions in the ADFL. Probably unsurprisingly all of Reynella, Morphett Vale and Flaggies have exceptional junior programs also.

There are only a small handful of comps in this state that collectively are a better standard than D3 ammo’s, unfortunately imo the SFL isn’t one of them. D2 clubs are very strong and play very strong opposition most weeks. Maybe Reynella would go ok in D2 consistently however saying the top 3-4 sides would hold their own in the top couple divisions is a stretch imo. I can’t see anyone in the SFL beating Golden Grove who were undefeated in D3.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:36 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
KegLeg wrote:While it’s great we’re gonna have a new premier, it seems appropriate to congratulate Flaggies on an extraordinary run. 6 flags in a row is phenomenal. Great club with a great set up and has clearly forced the top teams in the comp to get better which is great. I disagree with the previous comment. Different game styles but in my opinion the top 3 or 4 would hold their own in first couple of divisions in the ADFL. Probably unsurprisingly all of Reynella, Morphett Vale and Flaggies have exceptional junior programs also.

There are only a small handful of comps in this state that collectively are a better standard than D3 ammo’s, unfortunately imo the SFL isn’t one of them. D2 clubs are very strong and play very strong opposition most weeks. Maybe Reynella would go ok in D2 consistently however saying the top 3-4 sides would hold their own in the top couple divisions is a stretch imo. I can’t see anyone in the SFL beating Golden Grove who were undefeated in D3.

Just enjoy your Ammos in div 4 and we will continue on as we have for 131 years.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Show Time » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:29 pm

shoe boy wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:

Just enjoy your Ammos in div 4 and we will continue on as we have for 131 years.

I am with you Shoeboy, watched some Ammos this year and they can have the games in parklands with 25 supporters....
Show Time
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Sticks28 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Mate standard of SFL wouldnt even be near div 3 - they would struggle to beat teams in div 4 thats for sure.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby footy1992 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:04 am

Very quiet on the forum 3 days out from Grand Final weekend.

Weather looking pretty poor for Saturday which is disappointing. Are the SFL allowing vehicle to enter the the South Adelaide surrounds this year?

A grade shaping up to be a great game with the wet weather possibly another lever for both teams.
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:25 pm

footy1992 wrote:Very quiet on the forum 3 days out from Grand Final weekend.

Weather looking pretty poor for Saturday which is disappointing. Are the SFL allowing vehicle to enter the the South Adelaide surrounds this year?

A grade shaping up to be a great game with the wet weather possibly another lever for both teams.

Reynella for me, best side all year and yes cars in SA $5
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:34 pm

Do the SFL live stream the games at all?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:54 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Do the SFL live stream the games at all?

YES
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby MatteeG » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:16 am

shoe boy wrote:

YES

Via Facebook @Bluedemon
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Divers » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:37 pm

No they dont . The only league where there is no regular live stream of games, no one wants to do it, they bring in the mallee boys who try hard but its pretty awefl to be honest

Good luck to the porties kids in the gf, its been too long, pity we will lose them to gsfl next year
Divers

Postby Divers » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:42 pm

Sadly the clubs havent caught up with Flaggies, its been a case of them coming back to the pack big time and they are only going to get worse with coach and seniors players gone according to a mate

Hope emus can grab the flag
Divers

Postby wenchbarwer » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:50 am

Divers wrote:Sadly the clubs havent caught up with Flaggies, its been a case of them coming back to the pack big time and they are only going to get worse with coach and seniors players gone according to a mate

Hope emus can grab the flag

Really???

To name just a few, Reynella grabbed Borholm and McGree, two of the best rucks in the comp. MV signed a heap, with Biemans pick of the bunch. Noarlunga picked up Kapler, as well as Jarman for half the year, and HV had Coleman come back to play. In fact, I'd say apart from Flaggies, Aldinga and Porties, each side is considerably stronger than in 2021.

Also, think your mate needs to check his sources about players leaving.

I reckon the Emus will get up in this weather.
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:53 pm

Divers wrote:

No they dont . The only league where there is no regular live stream of games, no one wants to do it, they[b] bring in the mallee boys who try hard but its pretty awefl to be honest[/b]

Good luck to the porties kids in the gf, its been too long, pity we will lose them to gsfl next year

I disagree, I think the Mallee boys do a great job
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL