Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:SA Health presser pushed back from 2pm to 3:15....

We going into lockdown? Doubtful I know but who knows

Have we got cases again???
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:24 pm

whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That was Friday mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That was Friday mate.

Ohhhhhh.

I'm so out of the loop of anything Covid related at the moment.

Thought we might have just secured the cricket premiership flag with another lockdown :D :D :D ;)
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:18 pm

So 2 of the cases Andrews was spruiking supposedly caught it at a business that has been vacant for 10 months.
Anyone starting to wake up yet?

The original paperwork lodged has the lockdown in place until Feb 26th, they aint coming out of it on Wednesday.
Just so happens the State of Emergency is up again for extension, no coincidence of course.
Just so happens the vaccine is ready to roll out, no coincidence of course.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:So 2 of the cases Andrews was spruiking supposedly caught it at a business that has been vacant for 10 months.
Anyone starting to wake up yet?

The original paperwork lodged has the lockdown in place until Feb 26th, they aint coming out of it on Wednesday.
Just so happens the State of Emergency is up again for extension, no coincidence of course.
Just so happens the vaccine is ready to roll out, no coincidence of course.
Yep, absolute tripe at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:01 pm

Found this little snippet re AstraZeneca vacine.

Would you allow your elderly parents to be guinea pigs ???

"South Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety granted emergency use for the AstraZeneca-Oxford drug on Wednesday, over a month after the pharmaceutical company had sought approval in the country. At the time, the medical advisers who considered whether the drug is safe issued a warning against giving the jab to individuals over the age of 65.

The two-dose vaccine will begin being rolled out to eligible citizens across the country on February 26.

Around half of the countries across the EU, including France and Germany, have implemented restrictions on the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, preventing its use in over-65s, while Belgium, Italy and Spain ruled out giving it to anyone over 55."
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Found this little snippet re AstraZeneca vacine.

"South Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety granted emergency use for the AstraZeneca-Oxford drug on Wednesday, over a month after the pharmaceutical company had sought approval in the country. At the time, the medical advisers who considered whether the drug is safe issued a warning against giving the jab to individuals over the age of 65.

The two-dose vaccine will begin being rolled out to eligible citizens across the country on February 26.

Around half of the countries across the EU, including France and Germany, have implemented restrictions on the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, preventing its use in over-65s, while Belgium, Italy and Spain ruled out giving it to anyone over 55."

You're back mate? I thought you must've been lining up for the vaccine jab.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Found this little snippet re AstraZeneca vacine.

You're back mate? I thought you must've been lining up for the vaccine jab.

I trust the TGA in Australia based on my experience in Medicine over the last 50 years. They've usually been fairly balanced and cautious.

Severe allergic reactions to vaccines are rare, and partial immunity to a circulating disease is better than none.
I'm in my late 70s, and I'll have mine in later March when I'm eligible, and if needed follow up with one of the others later.

I've also had Rabies immunisation for one overseas trip, and the only one I cant have is Diptheria immunisation - that's because it is always mixed with Tetanus vaccine and I have high reactivity to Tetanus vaccine due to having been exposed to the real thing 3 months after a booster.

( I now have 10x the usual Tetanus antibodies of a vaccinated person and get a severe reaction to any booster.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Psyber wrote:I trust the TGA in Australia based on my experience in Medicine over the last 50 years. They've usually been fairly balanced and cautious.

Severe allergic reactions to vaccines are rare, and partial immunity to a circulating disease is better than none.
I'm in my late 70s, and I'll have mine in later March when I'm eligible, and if needed follow up with one of the others later.

I've also had Rabies immunisation for one overseas trip, and the only one I cant have is Diptheria immunisation - that's because it is always mixed with Tetanus vaccine and I have high reactivity to Tetanus vaccine due to having been exposed to the real thing 3 months after a booster.

( I now have 10x the usual Tetanus antibodies of a vaccinated person and get a severe reaction to any booster.)

The way I partied in the 90's I'd be a fair hypocrite to refuse a vaccine that has been so clinically tested.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Psyber wrote:I trust the TGA in Australia based on my experience in Medicine over the last 50 years. They've usually been fairly balanced and cautious.

The way I partied in the 90's I'd be a fair hypocrite to refuse a vaccine that has been so clinically tested.

Im in the same boat, ive chucked much worse untested shit in my body before.

Im sure who ever is signing of on the vaccine also has family and would not be knowingly making a decision that could potentially be hurting their own.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 pm

whufc wrote:Im sure who ever is signing of on the vaccine also has family and would not be knowingly making a decision that could potentially be hurting their own.

And this is what these f*cking nut job conspiracy theorists who think there's a global paedophile ring controlled by the big banks and corporations are organising to complete some new world order where we're all cashless robots.

That level of f*cking stupid astounds me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Lol yep same (maybe also 2000's and 2010's)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Yep, the anti-vaxxers and their FB comments on any of the news services
Advertiser, ch7, ch9 etc etc
Shows how screwed up some members of society are.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:10 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Lol yep same (maybe also 2000's and 2010's)

I was trying to sound like I grew out of it, probably just afforded better shit as I aged.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:30 pm

I've always valued health and longevity and even as a child, and in my teens was committed to maximising my life and survival, and to making sure I had a good future career and financial security. My father was unemployed from 1928 to 1936 and my older sister was born in 1928, and so I knew the history of what they went through, later, when I was growing up.

So, I smoked about 3 cigarettes all told in a puff here and a puff there over a 4 year period between age 10 and 14. I've had two puffs on a MJ cigarette in my lifetime, and once sampled Cocaine in raw form straight of a tree when overseas. Alcohol? I purloined my sister's Hock, Lime, and Lemon, when I was 10 at a beer garden family gathering, invented the Creme de Menthe milkshake at 13, and otherwise didn't drink alcohol until I was about 23.

Now I enjoy a wine (or a few) most nights, but generally limit the total to safe levels. The only time I got drunk was in about 1976, when I had been guest speaker at a medical gathering sponsored for GPs by a pharmaceutical company which was very generous with good quality product that night at Ayers House.

It has paid off through my life, and is still paying off, as I'm fit and healthy in my late 70s now.

PS: Not that I never take risks my record speed up the SE Freeway was 240Kph+ in a Porsche 930 demonstrator back in 1980, with the sales manager in the passenger's seat...
Last edited by Psyber on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Psyber wrote:I've always valued health and longevity and even as a child, and in my teens was committed to maximising my life and survival, and to making sure I had a good future career and financial security. My father was unemployed from 1928 to 1936 and my older sister was born in 1928, and so I knew the history of what they went through, later, when I was growing up.

So, I smoked about 3 cigarettes all told in a puff here and a puff there over a 4 year period between age 10 and 14. I've had two puffs on a MJ cigarette in my lifetime, and once sampled Cocaine in raw form straight of a tree when overseas. Alcohol? I purloined my sister's Hock, Lime, and Lemon, when I was 10 at a beer garden family gathering, invented the Creme de Menthe milkshake at 13, and otherwise didn't drink alcohol until I was about 23.

Now I enjoy a wine (or a few) most nights, but generally limit the total to safe levels. The only time I got drunk was in about 1976, when I had been guest speaker at a medical gathering sponsored for GPs by a pharmaceutical company which was very generous with good quality product that night at Ayers House.

You chewed a Coca leaf?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Psyber » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Psyber wrote:I've always valued health and longevity and even as a child, and in my teens was committed to maximising my life and survival, and to making sure I had a good future career and financial security. My father was unemployed from 1928 to 1936 and my older sister was born in 1928, and so I knew the history of what they went through, later, when I was growing up.

You chewed a Coca leaf?

Actually I ate the fruit and then tasted the stone from inside it. We'd been told the fruit was safe, but to not bite the stone while eating the fruit, but I'd thought the coke was only in the leaves. My tongue and lower face went numb immediately, and I'm told I was over-talkative for several hours... :lol:
Psyber
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:49 pm

Psyber wrote:
Actually I ate the fruit and then tasted the stone from inside it. We'd been told the fruit was safe, but to not bite the stone while eating the fruit, but I'd thought the coke was only in the leaves. My tongue and lower face went numb immediately, and I'm told I was over-talkative for several hours... :lol:

I always envisaged you as 70's version of "Pitbull" partying on a yacht in the Sydney Harbour surrounded by topless honeys.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:34 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Yep, the anti-vaxxers and their FB comments on any of the news services
Advertiser, ch7, ch9 etc etc
Shows how screwed up some members of society are.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not to mention some on here
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Psyber wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

You chewed a Coca leaf?

Actually I ate the fruit and then tasted the stone from inside it. We'd been told the fruit was safe, but to not bite the stone while eating the fruit, but I'd thought the coke was only in the leaves. My tongue and lower face went numb immediately, and I'm told I was over-talkative for several hours... [emoji38]
Absolute gold mate.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion